• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
January 28, 2018

Police in Pittsfield are looking for information after two small puppies were found abandoned in Clapp Park.

The two puppies were found Saturday morning by a person walking in the park. Police responded and took the dogs to a local veterinarian where they were checked out before being taken to the Eleanor Sonsini Animal Shelter where they will be cared for until they are old enough to adopt out.

Christa Wroldson, board chairman at the Eleanor Sonsini Animal Shelter became responsible for the puppies after they were discovered in the park.

“It’s horrible that puppies are being left in a park in the middle of winter,” Wroldson said. “It had all the trappings of a dumped animal.”

They have signs of fleas and came to the shelter with worms. Otherwise she considers them fairly healthy. But, the puppies will need to be fostered for at least three weeks before they can continue caring for them.

“Five weeks old is way too young to be in shelter. It exposes them to everything the older dogs have and they could actually get sick here,” Wroldson said.

Once they reach eight to nine weeks old, they can get vaccinated, neutered and micro-chipped so they will be ready for adoption. But, in the meantime, Wroldson wants to send a message.

“Just do the right thing. Bring your animals to where they can actually be cared for and we can actually find them a home”.
http://news10.com/2018/01/27/puppies-found-abandoned-in-park/
pups-1.jpg

Oh, poor little puppies...

Hate to say it, but two is a very low number for puppies... where are the sibs? :(

Edited to add I'm not even sure if THOSE two are sibs... :punch:

Last edited:
I watched a Hope for Paws rescue video last night, and they saved a mama dog who only had one puppy. I wondered if the others died or the mom only had one due to being stressed. It all turned out great in the video.

Back