• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip to Sugar Cookie.

[....]
Good Samaritans called 911 to report animals in distress around 9 a.m. Tuesday at a Quality Inn and Suites in Orlando, Fla.

"There are several dogs locked in a car. They got the windows cracked. There is no one around the dogs, and they think one of the dogs is dead,” said one of the Samaritans in the 911 call.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says three puppies, a 6-month-old Chihuahua, a 3-month-old shepherd and a 6-month-old terrier mix, were trapped in the car, as the temperature climbed to more than 90 degrees.

While the 911 caller was still on the phone, the Samaritans began trying to rescue the pups.

"The citizens, after they called 911, attempted to get into the car through an open window, probably 3 inches. They managed to get two of the puppies out because they were small,” said Sgt. Al Giardiello with the sheriff’s office.

Firefighters responded to the scene and managed to open the car doors, pulling the last of the dogs out. Unfortunately, the Chihuahua had already died.

Emergency responders gave the shepherd medical help right away, but she ultimately died as well.
[....]
full

The dogs’ owner, 54-year-old Penelope Stanley, was arrested on three counts of animal cruelty. She told investigators her family was in Orlando for vacation, and she left the puppies in the car overnight because the hotel did not allow her to bring them into their room.

"If it’s too hot for a person inside a vehicle, it’s way too hot for an animal or a child inside that vehicle,” Giardiello said.

Stanley told deputies she checked on the dogs around 6:30 a.m., and they were fine at that time.

When I used to travel, I would take my pet rabbit of the time with me. I found it fascinating how many hotels and motels for that matter would accept pets. Even the ones that didn't necessarily accept pets once they found out it was a rabbit that I had a cage for, were very helpful. They would gladly let me bring Gavin along. House cleaning staff asked to see him. He was well trained. He understood orders and was very sweet.

And before anybody goes nuts about me traveling with a rabbit in a cage. This cage well...hutch, filled the back of a minivan. It was massive, I wish I'd lived as well as he did! Little bugger was better traveled than I was!

The coolest part was because he was a rabbit he was on the paperwork exempt list for travel between Canada and the US. I could just load him in the van with me and go as there was no paperwork rigmarole. The look on Customs faces when they come over to the van, see me and think it was just me and I'd say no there's also him and I point behind me to the big English spot rabbit looking back at them. Gave many of them more than a little bit of cause for pause. Lol!

The point here is a little bit of preparation goes a long way if you're going on vacation and taking your fur kids with you. This dummy needs to be locked in a cage and forgotten. In the Sun. In Florida. In July. Till dead.

Last edited:
Back