• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police officers shot and killed two dogs that attacked their owner at the O'Connor Animal Hospital.

Two pit bulls were being quarantined for a bite earlier this month, and their owner came to play with the dogs.

Employees at the animal hospital realized they hadn't seen the woman in a while, so they went to check on her.

When they went out back, they saw the woman bleeding on the ground and being attacked by the two dogs.

The employees called 911, and when officers got there, police say the two dogs were still attacking the woman.

Officers shot and killed the dogs, and the woman was taken to a local hospital.

She was a mother of two-

The dogs a male and female pit bull escaped from her home earlier in the week and bit someone.

The dogs were quarantined so they could be tested for rabies.

I am going to say what I feel and if anyone is offended that is on them.

It is a tragedy that she is dead but if her family attempts to sue the animal hospital I hope the person that was bitten sues the hell out of her family.

If you want to have a dog(s) that have a potential for aggression ensure that they are unable to get loose and attack a person, child or another animal.

She obviously could not provide a document or the name of a Vet to verify that the dogs had been vaccinated. She was an irresponsible pet owner that either could not or chose not to get these animals their needed shots.

I am glad that it was not an innocent child that was mauled to death and maybe her death can make other vicious dog owners think twice about how they care for and train these dogs.

I agree. What else could it be? I don't think the dogs just suddenly turned aggressive. Too bad she didn't recognize the signs. I feel bad for the vet staff. If they had been my dogs, they would've been there to be euthanized; not quarantined.
Post automatically merged:

[....]
One of the owner’s neighbors said the dogs broke through his fence during that previous incident and escaped into the neighborhood. He said law enforcement thought the dogs were his at first because they saw them going in and out of his fence.

“…they saw the pit bulls going in and out of the hole that they made in my back fence and asked me if they were my dogs,” Grant Dickey said. “I said ‘no, it’s the neighbor’s dogs… they broke through into my yard earlier’ and they said ‘well they bit somebody when they got out.”

Before the dogs escaped and bit someone, Dickey said they seemed friendly but rough.

“They had always seemed friendly but aggressively friendly if you will. Jumping on you… and they were pretty sizable dogs,” he said.
[....]

"Aggressively friendly..." I was right. Dogs apparently were never socialized properly or trained in how to behave around humans. They never had proper respect for humans. This is always bad.
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/03/24...s-run-in-dogs-that-mauled-owner-death-irving/

Last edited:
[....]
Dr. James Kang, D.V.M. said in the statement that the attack happened at O'Connor Animal Hospital without the knowledge of the veterinary staff, and by the time a receptionist saw the body of Johana Villafane lying on the the ground outside, it was too late.
The Staff and I at O’Conor Animal Hospital experienced an awful, tragic incident in our hospital backyard on March 23rd 2019. We are so sorry for the loss of Johana Villafane and her family is in our prayers.

She brought 2 dogs for rabies quarantine in our office on March 18th 2019. I examined the 2 dogs at the time of admission. The male pit bull terrier was friendly, but the female pit bull terrier seemed to be scared as well as frightened. The next morning, our staff could not walk them in the backyard due to the dogs’ aggressive behavior. We called the owner and told her that we could not keep her dogs in our hospital for quarantine due to their aggressive behavior, and the dogs will only be able to stay at our hospital unless she is able to walk them. Their family came to the office, twice a day, walking their dogs for a whole week without any incident.

Johana came into our office at 11am on Saturday, March 23rd 2019 to walk her two dogs.

She let them out in the backyard at 11:10am. We were very busy taking care of clients and patients all morning that we were unable to hear any noise or screaming that occurred in the backyard. One of our receptionists saw her laying in the grass in our backyard at 11:45am. She called 911 immediately for assistance. We were trying to reach her, trying to rescue her but were not successful because the two dogs were guarding her. Paramedics came in at 11:50am but could not get to her until the police arrived at 11:52am. The police discharged their weapons and shot the two dogs, then the paramedics attended to her and took her immediately to Parkland Emergency Hospital.

The whole situation was traumatic, chaotic, and emotional for everyone in our hospital staff, including myself. We are trying to overcome this tragic incident and move forward.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/v...tack/287-c90d6188-7250-4f97-b130-306207ae8b73

Latest posts

Back