• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
Brendan McGwon, 18, and Kaitlyn Rosensteel, 18, were fishing at Mammoth Park Lake in Mount Pleasant Township at around 4 p.m when witnesses say they heard a loud crackling noise followed by a large flash of light.

Witnesses said the next thing they noticed was a large splintered tree and Brendan and Kaitlyn beneath it, the Westmoreland County Coroner’s Office said in a press release.

They were both pronounced dead at the scene and officials said the injuries were “consistent with being struck by lightning.”
[....]
Brendan recently graduated from Greensburg Central Catholic High School and Kaitlyn from Ringgold High School, WPXI reported.

Thursday’s deaths mark the third and fourth lightning strike-related deaths this year, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The first death was an adult male who was camping in Texas on May 3 and the second was an adult male who was struck while riding his motorcycle in Florida.

On average, lightning strikes kill about 50 people in the U.S. each year. The odds of being struck in your lifetime are 1 in 13,000, according to the NOAA.

I'm always scared of dying on a Friday, right when I've done nothing but work for days and days. I'd much prefer to die on a Sunday evening or Monday morning, before I spend the last of my time in an office.

Enduring the entirety of high school, getting through and dying before things start getting better? OH HELL NO. This is a nightmare.

Why was I thinking they were going to have died by lightning strike while they were boning each other? I just thought to myself all man that would be so embarrassing. Then of course I realized if you were dead who would care it would be kind of neat in a way. Now sadly they were just near a tree fishing, unless that's become a euphemism for you know.

Let's see. Dropping your line in something wet to attract something on to the end of your line. You feel a tug and you know you got lucky. Oh my God it is a euphemism! Or at least it ought to be.

Truly though this has to be horrible for the families. For real tragedy look to the lightning strikes

Latest posts

Back