• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/2-kids-2-adults-dead-in-arson-fire-at-mansion/ar-BBPV7Mf

COLTS NECK, N.J. — Two children and two adults were found dead Tuesday at a burning mansion that was intentionally set ablaze in an upscale community near the New Jersey shore, officials said.

One of the owners of the home is a technology CEO with a relative whose home also caught fire Tuesday, records show. Authorities said they were investigating whether the two blazes were connected.

Three severely burned bodies were found inside the mansion in Colts Neck, and a man's body was discovered outside, Monmouth County prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said at a news conference.

Officials have not released any identities, and a medical examiner was still investigating how the four people died, Gramiccioni said.

"It's important to emphasize that we have no reason to believe that anyone in the community is in any danger at this time," he added.

Firefighters responded to the fire around 1:30 p.m., and it was still burning hours later. Video showed firefighters battling the blaze as smoke poured from the roof of the two-story home, which is surrounded by fields and includes a large swimming pool.

Helicopter footage showed a sheet in the middle of the yard next to the house, with police tape cordoning off the area.

Colts Neck is a well-to-do community about 50 miles (80 kilometers) south of New York City and is home to horse farms. Typical homes in the town of 10,000 are valued at about $750,000. Bruce Springsteen owns an estate there, and his son is a former member of the fire department. Former "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart and his wife operate an animal sanctuary there; Queen Latifah sold her mansion there in 2015.

Public records show the mansion that burned Tuesday is owned by Keith Caneiro, 50, and Jennifer Caneiro, 45.

The 5,700-square-foot home has four bedrooms and five bathrooms, according to Zillow. The owners purchased the property in 1998, and the home was built in 2003, public records show.

Caneiro's LinkedIn profile describes him as the CEO and chief technology officer for a company in the New York City area called Square One. His profile says he graduated from Columbia University with a Master of Science degree in 2018 and previously received certifications from Harvard Business School's online platform.

Earlier in the day, officials said there was a fire at a home in Ocean Township about 10 miles (16 kilometers) from Colts Neck. Public records show that the home is owned by Paul and Susan Caneiro, and that the two men shared at least one address in New York several decades ago. They are also "friends" on Facebook, but it is unclear how they are related.

The guys brother shot him, his wife and kids. He burned down his brothers mansion and earlier in the day tried to burn down his own house with his wife and kids inside. This happened down the road from where I live. The brothers owned s “tech consulting firm” and “exterminator” business based out of the same Asbury Park office. Total front business’s. I wonder what they really did to make money. The older brother lived in a much more modest house.

Odd he attempted to do his own family as well.

At first it seems it was likely some anger over their business partnership or money. But with him attempting to roast his own wife/kids as well, it makes me curious if there was a different motive. You frequently see this type of shit when someone feels a relative is pushing their wife to divorce him or providing too much support to the spouse during times of severe marital discord. Wonder if that happened here.

A New Jersey man was charged Thursday with the murder of his younger brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew - and setting a fire to cover his tracks.

Paul Caneiro, 51, is accused of killing brother Keith, 50, Jennifer Caneiro, 45, and their kids, Jessie, 11, and Sophia, 8. Cops found the bodies Nov. 20 after they were called to their $1.5 million Colt’s Neck mansion on a report of a fire.

Keith Caneiro was found outside the home with a gunshot wound to his head.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...of-his-brother-and-brothers-family/ar-BBQfspn

Very strange that the brother and sister in law were shot, but the children were stabbed. Was there someone else there who also participated in murder? Or were the children stabbed to torture the parents before they were shot?

https://abc7ny.com/da-colts-neck-suspect-shot-brother-repeatedly-stabbed-kids/4787731/

Ran out of bullets? I think he killed the adults first. Sad story, all around. But thank you @CbabyRKO for that dark nugget of humor. So wrong. So right. ;)

Last edited:
I received some first responder and investigative insight last week at work. I am a emergency vehicle upfitter/tech and the Monmouth county prosecuter’s office had a vehicle done by us. When they picked it up my co-worker started asking questions (I wasn’t going to be that guy).

Basically the older brother shut down the younger brothers camera and security system remotely around 7pm the night before the murder. The younger brother called the older brother as he was the IT manager and turned everything back on. That morning at 3am he went to the house and tried to cut the main power at the meter.

As he was doing it the younger brother came out to see what was going on with the power and when he did the older brother shot him to death.

I don’t know if the whole family was meant to be killed but apparently they woke up and were witnesses. He ran out of bullets on the mom and stabbed the two kids to death before setting a small fire in the basement of the house.

From what they say a small fire like that in a basement of huge mansion with no airflow would take a long time to smolder. Apparently the neighbors landscaper smelled and saw smoke. The neighbor came over to check and saw the brother shot dead in the driveway.

When they opened the front door it created a backdraft and just enough air to fuel the fire into what it became.

This is def the most shocking thing to happen around here in a long time.

February 2019
Excellent articles from this link detailing the crime evidence, business and some personal history of the brothers.

August 5 2019, Disability insurance fraud!
A New Jersey man charged with killing his brother and the brother's wife and two children has pleaded not guilty to insurance fraud.

Paul Caneiro's public defender entered the plea on his behalf in court in Monmouth County on Monday.

Prosecutors allege he continued to work and receive income through his wife while collecting disability insurance following a 2012 motor vehicle accident.
[...]

What a psychopath!
L I N K
Nov 21 2020
The New Jersey man accused of slaughtering his brother’s family before setting their home on fire had allegedly been stealing their kids’ college funds, according to reports.

Paul Caneiro, who faces trial next year for the horrific slayings of his younger brother Keith, sister-in-law Jennifer and their two young kids, had been appointed trustee of the children’s college accounts but instead stole $90,000, according to a wrongful death lawsuit filed by relatives this week in New Jersey.
[...]
Court papers also revealed gut-wrenching details of Sophia’s death.
The child, whose body was found on a landing in the home, was the last of the family members to die. Stabbed multiple times, she was still clinging to life as a fire ripped through the home, according to details of an autopsy cited in the lawsuit.

Because the fire that caused the victims’ smoke-related injuries was first reported at 12:38 p.m. — more than nine hours after gunshots were heard — the crime scene evidence establishes that Sophia survived her parents, albeit with multiple stab wounds, for an unimaginable period of time, but demonstrably long enough to experience breathing difficulty and onset of high-degree stress,” according to court documents.
[...]

Back