• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A one-year-old boy died Friday after being mauled by two dogs, according to the Fresno Police Department.

It happened around 11 a.m. on Friday near Kaviland and Fordham.

According to police, the child got out of the house and was in the front yard when two Rottweilers attacked him.

The two dogs lived about a block and a half from where the incident occurred.

Investigators say they dug a hole under the fence, ran through a neighbor's yard, crossed Sunnyside, and somehow ended up in the front yard of the 1-year-old boy.

The boy's grandmother tried to stop the mauling but was bitten by one of the dogs. The grandfather came out and was able to stop the attack by whipping them with a pipe hose.

When police arrived they started to perform CPR on the boy. He was then taken to Community Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Officers captured the dogs and they were taken to Central California SPCA, where they were euthanized later that day.

No criminals charges are pending against the owners.

But the SPCA says they have agreed not to have any dog that is considered dangerous for the next three years.

"Working" breeds should definitely never be yard dogs which is what I suspect these were. They have very active minds and can get into trouble when they go off seeking stimulation they're missing at home.
My pit bull could climb a fence more gracefully than 85% of the human race.. they say idle minds....

Back