• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

chupamela

I was going to post this when it first happen but I'm glad waited. Back in the 90's drive bys were getting pretty common, I don't know if it was gang bangers growing hearts or what but they just stopped happening. You get people shooting people in cars and all the other sad normal crap but it seemed til Thursday night people "wetting" houses had stopped except for one other story here earlier this week where a women was laying down on her couch and was shot (she lived). I know most people look at Indianapolis and think "oh, a bunch of hicks sitting on their yard couches watch nasacar drinking beer and tending to their crops of corn" it's not true for the most part, I promise I've lived here all my live (except for 2 awesome years in Brownsville Tx) and it's always been a large city with crime like other big cities. I'm saying this because this is the first time the cops have seemed to let the criminals know this shit isn't going to stand and they're going to hunt this person down, even after the large increase of 10-17 year olds being gunned down in public areas because of gangs. And it's about fucking time!!! BTW they know who the shooter is but haven't named them.

http://fox59.com/2018/03/29/2-people-including-1-year-old-shot-on-citys-east-side/

Investigators were called to a residence in the 3500 block of N. Wittfield St. around 2 a.m. Thursday, where they found two gunshot victims: a 19-year-old female, and a 1-year-old Malaysia Robson. The two victims were found in the front part of the house, according to police. The 19-year-old was shot in the shoulder.

Investigators believe the two were hit in an apparent drive-by shooting that police say is likely an isolated incident. Police believe the teen is the child's aunt.

Police say witness interviews indicate this was part of a dispute that started on social media. That dispute led to a large fight on the east side Wednesday night at an apartment complex. The group kept fighting on the phone and online, and eventually shots were fired into the home.

Nine people were inside the residence at the time of the shooting, according to investigators. Most were family members who lived there, but a few may have been guests. The majority of them were in the front room when the shooting happened. One of the people inside was a 4-month-old child.

Wilburn said anyone harboring or protecting the person responsible for the shooting is just as much at fault.

"If you know something, if you have any information, it’s tough, then call us," Wilburn said. "If you have any information or harbor the person responsible for this, then you are subject to the same response for this and you think it's OK to harbor that person, then you can expect that same response from us."

Sgt. Chris Wilburn with IMPD struggled to contain his emotions while discussing the case with reporters Thursday morning.

"I want people to really, really sit and realize where we are. A 1-year-old baby girl lost her life this morning, senselessly. And if that doesn’t move you to action, I don’t know what can," he said.

“An individual got into whatever mindset and thought it appropriate to fire into a home and target whomever, but a baby girl died this morning,” Wilburn said.

“I apologize for being so raw, but that’s where we are this morning. This is a raw scene,” he said. “This is a raw and emotional outpouring of hurt from your police department and first responders.”

"A 1-year-old cannot stand on her own, much less defend herself. A 1-year-old cannot form sentences or speak out against the mindless menace of gun violence in her community, but we can stand we can speak. And if we don’t, no one will," said Indianapolis Mayor Hogsett.

There is another story that just came out with more detail about what happened and the family of the victims. I'm trying not to be too judgmental but it can be hard, like I want to scream why were those babies not in bed at 2am on a Thursday night or why would you have them in that house at all with what was going on at the time... But they are victims and it's tragic but the only person truly at fault here was the POS who took a gun and decided to shoot it into the dwelling.

I'm just going to post the link below if you want to read it....

http://fox59.com/2018/03/29/family-...-side-pray-for-an-arrest-we-know-who-you-are/

The way they build houses in the US, I get the impression being in bed would not have made much difference?

The way they build houses in the US, I get the impression being in bed would not have made much difference?
It really depends on where you live and when the house was built but, in that neighborhood the homes are crackerjack box type homes....
[doublepost=1522504232,1522503477][/doublepost]
A drive-by shooting.
How quaint.
I know, some people like the sound of cicadas buzzing and the smell of honeysuckles at night, but they just don't know the soothing sounds of repeat gun fire and the smell of gun smoke.... I personally love the light show of the ghetto birds (police helicopter). :sarcasm:

An Indianapolis man was convicted Tuesday of murder and battery in a drive-by shooting that killed a 1-year-old girl who was asleep in her home last year.

Marion County Judge Mark Stoner found Darrin Banks guilty on all the charges against him after a bench trial, court records show. A sentencing hearing is set for Oct. 9.

Authorities said Banks and his co-defendant, Brian Palmer, shot into an east-side home from a car on March 29, 2018, killing Malaysia Robson and injuring aunt Ana Fox.

The shooting stemmed from an ongoing feud that started on social media and led to a fight at an apartment complex, according to court documents. Banks told police that his pregnant sister was injured during the fight.

Records show Palmer has a jury trial set for November.
1569569805063.png

One of two men charged in the March 2018 shooting death of a 1-year-old Indianapolis girl was sentenced to 53 years in prison Wednesday.

Darrin Banks, 28, of Indianapolis, was found guilty in a September bench trial of murder and battery by means of a deadly weapon in the shooting death of 1-year-old Malaysia Robson, online court records show.

A Nov. 18 jury trial is set for the second suspect, 30-year-old Brian Palmer, who also faces one count of murder and one count of battery by means of a deadly weapon.

Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears said in a statement, “This is the result of the escalating use of guns to resolve common disputes. We continue to see tragic losses in our community, this time taking the life of an innocent one-year-old child. While this sentence holds Darrin Banks accountable for his actions, the real consequence of gun violence is the painful impact on our community.”

A man was sentenced Wednesday for his role in the killing of a 1-year-old girl in 2018.

According to a report by Fox 59, Brian Palmer pleaded guilty to battery by means of a deadly weapon and aggravated battery in connection with the death of 1-year-old Malaysia Robson.

The guilty plea was made in exchange for a count of murder being dismissed.

Palmer was sentenced to 20 years in the Indiana Department of Correction (IDOC) with 610 days (1.67 years) of jail credit for aggravated battery. He received four years in Community Corrections, with two years suspended for the battery charge. That means he'll serve two years on work release following his time in the IDOC. If he doesn't find employment, the time will be served in IDOC.

According to court documents, detectives learned through witness interviews the shooting was related to a dispute between family members and close friends of the family members. The fighting started on social media and escalated into a large fight at an east side apartment complex.

Afterward, they continued to fight through social media and phone calls.

A person close to the situation came forward to police and told them Darrin Banks and Palmer shot up the house. The informant also said a female was driving the car at the time of the shooting.

Investigators began to watch the suspects, and they initiated a traffic stop while both men were in Palmer's vehicle on April 10, 2018. Both men were taken into custody, and officers said an AR-15 was in plain sight in Palmer's car. Search warrants were executed, and two AR-15s were recovered, along with ammunition.

When police interviewed Banks and Palmer separately, they admitted to firing at the house, knowing that several people were inside.

Banks received a 50-year sentence for murder and got an additional three years for battery.

Back