• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 17-year-old Lincoln boy is being charged as an adult for headbutting a 3-month-old child, police said.

Treyvonn Ironshell is facing felony child abuse charges, according to Lancaster County reports.

Police said the child was taken to Nebraska Medicine due to fluid in her brain.

According to court documents, a surgeon removed the fluid Jan. 24. Four days later, Lincoln police responded to the hospital and learned from doctors that the child had a subdural hematoma, a pool of blood between the brain and the outer covering, along with a bilateral retinal hemorrhaging.

Police said they interviewed Ironshell Jan. 28, and that he told them on several occasions he would be holding the infant and become angry at his mother or sister and would squeeze the child's arms or legs. Police said he also told them he has long fingernails that would dig into the child's arms or legs.

Police said Ironshell revealed that on at least two occasions, he would become angry while trying to burp the child and he would grab her face and shake and squeeze the infant's head. Court documents show Ironshell admitted that during one of these instances, he dropped the child and she would cried.

According to investigators, the teen also admitted to headbutting the infant about two weeks ago because he was angry he had to get up early and watch her. He said the child kept crying and he grabbed her and headbutted her. He said she cried and then he dropped the child on the bed, police said.

Police said Ironshell told officials the infant had a bruise on her forehead from eyebrow to eyebrow and he had a headache from the impact.

Officers said Ironshell admitted to watching other children and said he was stressed so when the 3-month-old continued to cry, he picked her up and yelled, "What do you want?" Ironshell said he shook her for a few seconds and put her back down.

I doubt any of the three of them were treating that baby well.

I would be interested to know exactly who is the parent of the child and why the 17yo had to watch the baby when he did not want to.
I just had to know so I went out on the internet and read every article until I found this:
. The Public Defender's Office was appointed to represent him, and a judge ordered him not to contact his daughter or any other child younger than 6.
At first I was pissed off at his mom and sister thinking the baby was one of theirs. Nope. It's his baby.

Police said the child's mother brought the girl to the hospital on Jan. 22 with concerns she was crying and sluggish. The girl was referred to another hospital where they conducted a spinal tap and found bleeding in her brain. The girl was then transferred to Nebraska Medicine where surgeons were able to remove the fluid from her brain.

According to an affidavit, investigators suspect Ironshell became angry when he had to get up early to watch the girl, so he headbutted her, leaving her with bruises across her forehead, according to the newspaper.

Detectives also suspect Ironshell had shaken the baby's head before.

A Lincoln teenager who admitted he sometimes squeezed his infant daughter out of frustration at her crying and once head-butted her causing his own head to hurt for an hour and a half got a chance at probation at his sentencing Thursday on a felony child abuse charge.

"I think what's important to understand about this case is that this is a situation of children having children," 18-year-old Treyvonn Ironshell's attorney, Bill Chapin, said first.

Ironshell was 17 on Jan. 23, 2019, when his 3-month-old daughter was transferred to Nebraska Medicine in
Omaha with bleeding on her brain.
At a plea hearing, Deputy Lancaster County Attorney Jeremy Lavene said Ironshell told police in an interview a few days later that he sometimes would squeeze the girl, digging his fingernails into her arms and legs when he got angry, and had twice grabbed her face and squeezed and shook her.

Ironshell also told investigators that once, a week or two before the interview, he head-butted the girl because he was angry that he had to get up early to watch her and she wouldn't stop crying, he said.
Lavene said the girl's forehead was bruised from eyebrow to eyebrow and Ironshell told police he had a headache for 90 minutes.

Lincoln police arrested Ironshell at his high school on Jan. 30, 2019. In May, he pleaded no contest to attempted first-degree assault.

Appearing for sentencing by video from the jail, Ironshell turned down a chance to say something first.
But Chapin said there is a juvenile court case and an effort to correct the teen's behavior so he can be reunited with his daughter. He said it was in the best interests of Ironshell, his daughter and the state.

He asked the judge to consider a lengthy probation sentence with mental health counseling and anger management.

"I don't know what benefit the state is going to get by locking him up for a substantial period of time," Chapin said.

Then, Lavene said the injured child is doing well now. But "what he did here was very serous, life-threatening for this child," he said.

If the judge decided to give Ironshell probation, Lavene asked for the maximum five-year term and 90-day jail sentence. Otherwise, he said, the facts here certainly warrant a prison sentence.

In the end, Lancaster County District Judge Robert Otte said his first instinct clearly was to put him in prison.

"As I thought through it, given the amount of time that you've served, your young age, all of the other factors, I really thought keeping my thumb on you for a long period of time was best," he said, giving him five years of probation and 90 days of jail, 30 of it starting Thursday.

Ironshell already had been in a detention center until he turned 18 and was moved to the county jail for 390 days, the equivalent of a two-year prison term with credit for good time.
1624114581487.png

Appearing for sentencing by video from the jail, Ironshell turned down a chance to say something first.
But Chapin said there is a juvenile court case and an effort to correct the teen's behavior so he can be reunited with his daughter. He said it was in the best interests of Ironshell, his daughter and the state.

He should never be reunited with his daughter or allowed around any other children.

@Fives My Charm

From May 24, 2021
A 20-year-old Lincoln man was arrested after police say he used a knife to threaten a woman he was staying with.

Lincoln Police Department Capt. Tarvis Banks said officers arrested Treyvonn Ironshell around 12 a.m. Sunday morning after the woman reported the incident.

Banks said the woman asked Ironshell to leave her home, where Ironshell had been staying before an argument ensued. During the argument, Ironshell grabbed a knife and threatened the woman, according to police.

He fled the home on foot before police arrived on scene. Banks said Ironshell was arrested a few blocks away and lodged in the Lancaster County Jail on suspicion of making terroristic threats and using a deadly weapon to commit a felony.

Ironshell was on probation after he was sentenced to 90 days in jail and five years of probation last July after pleading no contest to attempted first-degree assault for an incident that landed his 3-month-old daughter in an Omaha hospital with bleeding on her brain.
1624273816916.png

He is worthless and will always be trouble. Ladies yes the pickings are slim but leave this gerbil alone.

Back