• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
The family believes someone has taken her
Quoirin's parents say they found her bedroom empty and a window open on Sunday morning.
The teenager has a learning disability and her parents said they have "no reason to believe she wandered off and is lost."
Malaysian police, who are leading a large search operation in the surrounding jungle, have not ruled out an abduction. But they have said there are no initial signs of foul play, according to the UK Press Association

Post automatically merged:

Looks like she has been found.

National deputy police chief Mazlan Mansor earlier told a news conference that the body, which “was not in any clothing,” was found by volunteers registered with the rescue team Tuesday afternoon in an area that had previously been searched by rescuers. He didn’t explain how long the body had been there or why rescuers apparently missed it.

Last edited:
" police chief Mazlan Mansor earlier told a news conference that the body, which “was not in any clothing,” was found by volunteers registered with the rescue team Tuesday afternoon in an area that had previously been searched by rescuers. He didn’t explain how long the body had been there or why rescuers apparently missed it."

Good question. I'd like to know too.

What a nightmare. Kinda contradictory as they say she climbed out the window but it's also an abduction?

At first I was thinking she met someone at the resort and snuck out but the resort is so small that seems unlikely. Maybe a local/worker saw a vulnerable victim and took advantage?

Malay's can be pretty brutal (executing drug smugglers) so maybe they'll beat a confession out of someone quickly.

What a nightmare. Kinda contradictory as they say she climbed out the window but it's also an abduction?

At first I was thinking she met someone at the resort and snuck out but the resort is so small that seems unlikely. Maybe a local/worker saw a vulnerable victim and took advantage?

Malay's can be pretty brutal (executing drug smugglers) so maybe they'll beat a confession out of someone quickly.
She’s mentally and physically disabled the family said.. no climbing out the window apparently

@Fives My Charm Its probably just her posture. You dont take physically disabled kids on vacation to somewhere that you planned to be hiking around.

I think she might have wandered off got lost and died to elements. They had only arrived the day before she went missing and she'd told her parents she was excited to see the waterfall. She was found laying on her back with her hands under her head like she was sleeping. Despite being missing for a week, they figure(at this stage) she'd only been dead a few days when they found her. Would explain how they missed her in the initial search but her body showed up in plain sight after.

She’s mentally and physically disabled the family said.. no climbing out the window apparently

I think she did manage it this time, even though family assumed she couldn't or wouldn't. I don't blame them for wanting to cling to that story, since the alternative is to acknowledge that she was more apt to roam than they thought, and this could have been prevented by watching her more closely.

I think she might have wandered off got lost and died to elements. They had only arrived the day before she went missing and she'd told her parents she was excited to see the waterfall.
Actually, I think it is even quicker than that. They arrived at the remote resort, went to bed, and that very first night she went missing. This is a remote resort with only 20 guests and the staff required to care for same. There would not have been a huge number of people around. The chance that a murderer saw her and kidnapped her within hours of her arrival seems remote.

New to this site so not sure how to post an update.... While still a very sad case thankfully it seems like this was not an abduction or murder
Well done.

The long journey from the UK to Malaysia would've been exhausting, so perhaps she went to sleep just as they arrived at the hotel and woke up in the night due to jet lag, then decided to wander off? Still seems incredibly strange, since if she did have a history of wandering off her parents surely wouldn't try to hide that, and it doesn't make sense for anyone to decide to wander off alone for the first time into a jungle, let alone a young, dependent girl. She probably went to the stream to drink the water in her final moments (which would've made the situation even worse).

Nora Quoirin: Family 'shocked' as case closed into teen found dead in Malaysia jungle The 15-year-old was found naked but authorities say there was no evidence of kidnap or sexual assault.
"As a vulnerable child, with significant physical and mental challenges, we strongly refute any conclusion that Nora was alone for the entire duration of her disappearance.

"We have repeatedly asked the police to clarify answers to our questions in this regard - and we have been repeatedly ignored.

"This stands in stark contrast with the promise of transparency that we received from the deputy prime minister and other prominent officials whom we met in Malaysia."

Back