• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Uber driver is facing charges of kidnapping after his intended victim escaped from a crime that was sexually motivated, according to police, WCBS reports.

The girl, 15, was a passenger in 32-year-old Sean Williams’ car when he attempted to kidnap her, Long Island authorities said.

Williams drove the teen to a destination in Brooklyn on July 12 that was different from where she asked him to take her and he is accused of planning to sexually assault her at his home, authorities said.

“The family of a 15-year old girl relied on a car service to get their daughter home safely after she attended a Sweet Sixteen party, but the defendant allegedly kidnapped her and wanted to sexually assault her after giving her alcohol,” said Madeline Singas, a D.A.

The victim managed to get Williams to pull over by telling him she needed to go to the bathroom.

She then called the police after running into a McDonald’s

Williams is charged with several crimes including kidnapping as a sexually motivated felony and endangering the welfare of a child.
1566687716486.png

Last edited:
I'm guessing the parents didnt have a way to pick her up themselves...if not the case why didn't they pick her up????

I have a HUGE problem with this whole concept of Uber. I mean it's just one step up from thumbing it on the highway and a car pulling over and going off with a stranger. Years ago it was the thing. Nowadays no fucking way.

In saying that I've never Ubered so educate me if you have.
Post automatically merged:

@GreenEyedDevil
We didn't have cookies when I was on here ages ago. What that reaction mean?
Post automatically merged:

@GreenEyedDevil
We didn't have cookies when I was on here ages ago. What that reaction mean?

Last edited:
I had to take an uber. Where I needed to go was right down the street, but not close enough to walk as I had on heels. I get in the car and he proceeds to go the other way. I said where is you going? Him my GPS is taking me this way. I say u don't need to go tht way, turn around. The whole time I'm leaned up against the door with my finger on my pepper spray ready to have us both in respiratory distress.

I had to take an uber. Where I needed to go was right down the street, but not close enough to walk as I had on heels. I get in the car and he proceeds to go the other way. I said where is you going? Him my GPS is taking me this way. I say u don't need to go tht way, turn around. The whole time I'm leaned up against the door with my finger on my pepper spray ready to have us both in respiratory distress.
Holy crap! See, nope. Just nope.

Maybe Canadian Uber drivers are extra nice or something, because I've hired several now and every single one of them was an impeccable driver, needed no instructions, had a nice clean car, many many good reviews, and NONE of them insisted on assaulting us with inane banter. I'm extremely shy and socially awkward.. (just all around awkward really) so while I understand that they are trying to be nice and friendly, it just makes me super uncomfortable.

Also, the shittiest Uber car that I have been sent was still as nice or nicer than the nicest taxi I've taken. And taxi drivers themselves don't exactly fill me with that much more confidence than a rando from the internet. I mean, at least the rando from the internet has hundreds of good reviews. (Plus I KNOW there have been serial killer taxi drivers.)

That being said. I did not take any of them alone. I'm not sure I would.

I have to use Uber/Lyft at least 5 days a week. Most of my experiences have been fairly mundane,but I've had some sketchy rides without a doubt. The one thing I hate is that when you put in for a ride, it's whoever grabs it first or now, both companies are automatically putting rides in driver's ques. I wish that if there were several drivers available I could pick which one I wanted. There are a few I definitely don't like as well when I see that's who's picking me up. I think that if you give a negative review then they will no longer select that person for you, but I have a fear they will find out and be weird because they know where I live. I don't know perhaps I'm just being paranoid.

I've had exactly two experiences with Uber. The first one was having to wait 2.5 hours for "peak" time to end, I was only going about a mile, but with 39 lbs of tchotchkes to tote. The driver was impatient and rushed. The second was me calling in serious need after a medical emergency last Fall. The driver (Roger, from Phuket) was as kind and compassionate as he could be. Enough so that I made a point of making sure that he got his deserved kudos during a down moment in a crisis. It's a draw for me, leaning towards a plus.

Last edited:
I do know that these services exist mostly for the suburbs where taxis are loathe to go just to pick up one fare. You could wait until hell freezes over for them to get another call that will make yours profitable enough to drive out there. Outer suburbs don't usually have bus service or it doesn't run at certain times which I found out the hard way when I took the bus to go downtown for Jury Duty. I had a couple of hours to kill before the return trips started at 2 pm., so I had a nice lunch at Joe's Crab Shack in the West End entertainment district.

The peninsula is extremely busy, Uber drivers come from 50 to 100 miles away just to drive here, because of the constant calls
Surges can be huge, taxis have pretty much been replaced except in San Francisco and a few at SFO
I’ve been in clubs when there’s more than 10-12 different groups of people standing around waiting for Uber, it’s a lot cheaper than a DUI. Uber is huge around here, lot of millennials don’t own cars and Uber everywhere, most companies pay to have employees Uber to meetings

There was this uber guy he picked up a rider, she was drunk her friends just put her in the car gave the address and sent them on their way. He made a video saying NEVER ever do this, if he hadn't been tht uber driver it could've been a tragedy

The Nassau district attorney's office has alleged Williams picked up the victim about 11:15 p.m. on July 12 and was supposed to drive her to Merrick. Instead, he canceled the route in Long Beach while she was a passenger in his vehicle and tried to persuade her to go drinking with him, prosecutors said.
Williams followed her into the fast-food restaurant, but ran away before police got to the scene, according to prosecutors.
Sean Williams faces up to 25 years in prison if found guilty of the top count of an indictment charging him with two felony kidnapping counts and misdemeanor charges of child endangerment and unlawful imprisonment.

Back