• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

spiff

Professional cat spooner.
Not too much to the story, and I doubt it'll show up on the news again since no one really gives a shit about this kid from her biological or foster family. But I truly enjoy shitting on the rank cesspit called the City of Lawrence, Mass, so this is getting its own thread anyway.

The Essex County District Attorney's Office is investigating the death of a 15-month-old girl who died at Lawrence General Hospital Sunday morning.

The girl, who was in foster care at a home on Howard Street, was rushed to Lawrence General Hospital Sunday morning after her foster father call 911 to report she was unresponsive. The DA's office says she was pronounced dead a short time after arriving at the hospital.

The girl showed "no obvious signs of trauma," according to the district attorney's office.

Sources and family members, however, have told Boston 25 News the child may have been exposed to fentanyl.

Family members gave Boston 25 News a photo of the young girl Wednesday afternoon.

Jeremy Barrientos first learned of the news of his biological daughter's sudden death when DCF came knocking at his door.

[...]

The 18-year-old admits he's had no involvement in his baby girl's life since she was born 15 months ago. Her 2-year-old brother was also living at the same foster home.

"I wish it went different, I wish she was OK. It hurts, it does hurt," he said.

Sources also tell us the girl showed signs of a fever while at daycare four days before her sudden death.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad, social workers need lighter caseloads and more training. FOSTER parents are so hard to even get that placement is a nightmare. Sometimes you have to hope for the best, which in the end, the foster children pay for. I hope these foster 'money grubbers' get max sentencing.

I don't see any specific or conclusive info in this article that the child actually died of fentanyl exposure. It states "may have been exposed to fentanyl before death" and that "the state's Chief Medical Examiner is working to determine the cause of death." Hope to hear the details once he completes his examination (autopsy).

Terrific vetting for the foster home.
Unreal.
Generally foster homes are supposed to be safe places to put kids. Safe in this case would of course mean being opioid free. Honestly how tough is it to get that one right?

Everyone was safe and criminal free until they are not. Just because someone hasn't harmed another or committed a crime (or been caught yet) doesn't mean they are safe, just increases the likelihood is all.

Back