• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 14-year-old Hamilton student was fatally stabbed, while his mother was with him, outside Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School on Monday, police said.

The teen was attacked just before 1:30 p.m. ET and died shortly after in hospital. Police have three suspects in custody and are searching for two more. One of those in custody is also 14, another is 18.
[....]
Bereziuk said the stabbing was captured on video, which police are reviewing. He added both of the outstanding suspects appear to be in their early teens and one of them is female.

The detective would not say why the teen's mother was near the school, in the city's east end, but said she was not hurt in the attack.

"She's witnessed something horrible here. She's distraught. She's devastated."
[....]
Residents in the area of the school witnessed parts of what transpired and the aftermath.

Alice Smith, who has lived just down the road from the school for the past 14 years, said she was sitting in her front sunroom with her husband on Monday afternoon when five teens came around the corner, with a car following close behind.

Smith said it appeared to her the woman in the car was trying to help the boy.

"She said she tried to save him, but she just couldn't do it," Smith said. "She was very upset. She couldn't stop crying."

Smith said crowds of students pass by her house each day on their way to grab lunch at nearby stores and restaurants. She said she hopes if any of them are ever afraid or in trouble, they'll knock on her door and ask for help.
[....]
Kandace Brenn, who also lives in the area, said she knew the victim and he had been a visitor to her house. She described him as a "sweet, quiet kid" who kept to himself.

She said her niece called her to give her a lift. The niece wanted Brenn to drive her and her best friend to the Hamilton General Hospital emergency room, where the victim had been taken. Both girls are students at the high school, and her niece's friend was the victim's girlfriend said Brenn.

"As soon as I got to them, I just started breaking down, 'cause I knew it was bad, the look on their faces. She couldn't even breathe."

In the car on the way to the hospital, she said the friend described finding the victim unconscious and bleeding. Later she got a call from her niece that he hadn't survived.

"She doesn't know how to cope she doesn't know how to help her best friend through it," said Brenn.

Brenn said the victim had a rough start to high school, with bullying and being picked on. But she did not know if that had any connection to what happened Monday.

When I ran the youth centre I used to hear young males actually talking about the crimes they would do and how they knew they could get off as long as they were under 16. It made me sick.

I think it is wrong differentiating crime based on the age of the perpetrator murder is murder, theft is theft and rape is rape

Back