• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police arrested and charged a 14-year-old mom in the death of her newborn baby boy, whose body was found outside of a Highland Park home on Monday, officials with the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office said.

The baby’s death is being investigated by the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office and the Highland Park Police Department.

His mother is from Highland Park. Her identity is being withheld because of her age. She was charged in a juvenile complaint with murder in the first degree.

Officials said she “caused the death of her newborn baby boy,” but did not immediately offer any additional details.

An autopsy by the Middlesex County Medical Examiner will be scheduled.
http://pix11.com/2018/04/16/newborns-body-found-in-highland-park/

Christ another young teenager with magical thinking— if I throw it away, it didn’t really happen. Who is protecting this child from having sex so young?!

At 14 I was building models, dreaming of space flight, playing with my dog.
Kid stuff.

Wonder what the circumstances for her being knocked up were...
besides a guy dropping baby batter in her.

At 14 I was building models, dreaming of space flight, playing with my dog.
Kid stuff.

Wonder what the circumstances for her being knocked up were...
besides a guy dropping baby batter in her.
Which seems to have led to her being a baby batterer.

I wanna know if the father is a child himself or a creep who likes to prey on girls younger than himself.
Two lives ended just like that all becos of something that should have never happened in the first place.
Such a shame.

When I was young, a friend of mine delivered a baby in her bathroom when she was 14. Luckily her father was at home and heard her trying to stifle the sounds of pain that she was making giving birth and found her just as she delivered the baby. I am not sure what she would have done if he hadn't discovered her. She had hidden the pregnancy and for the rest of her life thought that no one knew about it. Of course every one in that small town did. The baby was adopted out and she went on to marry the father of the baby 4 years later, and when they were middle aged, he wanted to find the baby, but she would have none of it, because she could not stand people knowing about it (although they did). It was like if she did not acknowledge it, it never happened.

The baby was adopted out and she went on to marry the father of the baby 4 years later, and when they were middle aged, he wanted to find the baby, but she would have none of it

That's so sad.

The baby was adopted out and she went on to marry the father of the baby 4 years later, and when they were middle aged, he wanted to find the baby, but she would have none of it, because she could not stand people knowing about it (although they did).

That's so sad.

They tend to say it is for the adopted child to decide whether they want to find their birth parents. And I would tend to agree.

They tend to say it is for the adopted child to decide whether they want to find their birth parents. And I would tend to agree.

Yes, but at that stage, the parents had to put their name on a registry so that if the child looked for them, they were willing to have the child contact them. Parents details were not given out to the child without permission.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...o_abandoned_newborn_b.html#incart_river_index
The mother of a 14-year-old girl, who allegedly caused the death of her newborn son, was charged Thursday with not seeking medical care for the teen, authorities said.

The Highland Park woman endangered the welfare of a child for neglecting to seek medical attention for her daughter on two occasions, and she tampered with evidence where a crime was committed, according to the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office.
[....]
The prosecutor's office also did not release the woman's name to protect the identity of her 14-year-old daughter, who faces a juvenile delinquency offense equivalent to murder in the adult justice system.

Police discovered the baby outside a Lincoln Avenue home Monday afternoon in Highland Park. Emergency crews rushed the infant to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, where he died.

In a statement Monday, the prosecutor's office said the teen "caused the death of her newborn boy."

Authorities have not revealed the cause of the infant's death. It was not immediately clear how long the infant had been outside the home before the baby was discovered, or when the teen gave birth.

Diamond Mejias told News12 she spotted the baby with his umbilical cord still attached next to the Highland Park house. Mejias said her stepfather administered CPR until emergency responders arrived.
[....]

The mother of a 14-year-old girl, who allegedly caused the death of her newborn son, was charged Thursday with not seeking medical care for the teen, authorities said.

At first I stopped reading after charged and did a little dance ... because yippee charged.

I think parents should be charged right along with their young offenders ... because young offenders needed a parents way before they needed the courts help at all.

Back