• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
http://abc7chicago.com/wife-of-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders-speaks-out/2524623/
While Daniel Nations remains behind bars in Colorado, his wife spoke with WTTV about her husband being named a person of interest in the deaths of two teenage hikers in Delphi, Indiana.
[...]
The teen girls were murdered on Feb. 13. We know Nations was living homeless in Indiana at the time and checked in with the Morgan County Sheriff's Department on Feb. 14, as was required of him as a homeless sex offender.

It's still unclear where Nations was the day of the murders.

"I had an ultrasound that day and I'm pretty sure he came with me? But I'm not 100% sure," said Katelyn, who also noted Nations did not have access to her car on Feb. 13.

She was the one who drove him to check in with police on the following day.

"February 14, when he went for his check in for his registration, I'm the person who drove him. So I know he checked in," she said.
[...]

UGH!!! He's breeding! :wtf:

she proved that she openly was ready to lie for him then realized there could be more solid evidence so she left herself an angle, so yeah, he's looking for interesting

Last edited:
Every time his wife opens her mouth, she convinces me more and more that he is guilty and that she knew exactly what he did and is covering up for him.

We know Nations was living homeless in Indiana at the time and checked in with the Morgan County Sheriff's Department on Feb. 14, as was required of him as a homeless sex offender.

"I had an ultrasound that day and I'm pretty sure he came with me?

I just threw up in my mouth. Not only is she married to a sex offender, but she is having a baby with him?!?!?!!!!
Um ok. What could possibly go wrong..

I just threw up in my mouth. Not only is she married to a sex offender, but she is having a baby with him?!?!?!!!!
Um ok. What could possibly go wrong..
And she is willing to lie for him.
I can recall my ultrasounds from 1981 1983 and 1985 I can say where they were done and who was with me each time going back 30+ years.

She can't recall him leaving her and the kids alone for longer than 15 minutes. He was too protective, she said.

Not protective, sweetheart, controlling.

She's also not sure Daniel ever had access to her .22 caliber rifle, which she kept locked in the trunk of the car.

Well you had already answered your own qestion with this :

Katelyn said Daniel was more controlling than violent toward her, and it only worsened in Colorado. He demanded she turn over her phone, limited her interactions with friends and family on Facebook, and always carried their money and car keys in his pocket. She was rarely allowed away from him, she said.

Girl, you had better be glad he's in jail, even if he didn't have anything to do with Abby and Libby, he is a controlling, abusive, sex offender. You and your kids might be the next ones he attacks because you looked at him wrong.

She's also not sure Daniel ever had access to her .22 caliber rifle, which she kept locked in the trunk of the car.
:facepalm:

If I could sit across the table from her, I would say, "Let me draw you a map. Your car <- Rifle in your car. Your keys <- In hubby's pocket. Since he has your car keys, and can use them to unlock your car and remove the rifle that is in your car, he has access to your rifle.

"You fucking dimwit."

--Al

Seems like ballistics tests would have been done on the rifle to compare it to the .22 bullet that killed the biker - if they matched you would think he would have been charged by now. Doubt a homeless dude living out of his car would have access to another .22 rifle...

I find the wife's comments on the blue jacket and hat interesting - again unlikely he would have a large wardrobe from which to pick and choose outfits so you would think she would recognize his clothes and that type of hat is not too common. Of course she could be lying about the clothes to protect him.

His crimes that landed him on the sex offender's list (peeping, indecent exposure) SEEM to have been directed at women, not kids. He checked in regularly as a sex offender during the whole time while the murders happened. Now that could mean he's smart enough to not bring suspicion on himself but that's assuming he's smart (he seems very dumb and impulsive).

His recent violent actions (according to the wife) seem to suggest his anger is impulsive and reactive - not a plotting, careful type of criminal (like what it seems in the Delphi case). Again a lot of this is according to the wife.

He didn't live near Delphi and had questionable ability to travel - isn't the speculation that the killer probably has local knowledge?

And the guy on the bridge just seem too fat.

I was excited when they first arrested this guy but for the reasons above I'm not so sure he's their man. We will find out more when it comes time to let him go from his current charges, that's when the cops will have to 'fish or cut bait' with him.

His recent violent actions (according to the wife) seem to suggest his anger is impulsive and reactive - not a plotting, careful type of criminal (like what it seems in the Delphi case). Again a lot of this is according to the wife.

I agree. Frankly, he just seems too stupid to pull off a complicated murder involving 2 victims. I'm glad he's off the streets, and I hope it's him, but I'm starting to bet against it. I think, if it was him, we'd already of heard from the Delphi LE and FBI on the DNA, etc.

Is it bad that the biggest reason i hope they find the perpetrator is so kseniya will stop posting their nonsensical, absurdly long dipshit theories.

Maybe the news in that area should just blare readings of her posts from this site 24/7 for a coouple days. I think that has a very good chance of driving the responsible asswipe out from hiding, just to make the pain stop.
Honestly...the funniest, most agreeable post from you. Ever. I lmfao when I read that.

So any word as to whether he is the shooter of the cyclist even?

I would imagine they know by now from ballistics, they did recover a fire arm.
I'd like to know more about his hatchet. If they recovered any DNA from it, is he going to get it back?

I live in Colorado and haven’t heard anything lately. He’s being held on other charges and my assumption is they’re trying to build a case for the cyclist.

The Dr Phil show aired an episode on the girls, hoping to bring in new leads.
You can see it here:

The Dr Phil show shut down fb comments on this episode, as it was being trolled beyond comprehension.

I saw the episode. I didn’t like it. It had this feel of him trying to say “well if I air the details, WE WILL solve the case, b/c I’m seen in over 100 countries by millions”.

Which he did actually mention, btw. How much exposure the case would get since HE was doing a show about it.

I’m pretty sure the entire nation knows about this case already, Mr McGraw.

It just felt icky to me.

I also doubt either family wrote to him. The show contacted them.

Sometimes it’s about truly helping someone. Mostly it’s about ratings.

I saw the episode. I didn’t like it. It had this feel of him trying to say “well if I air the details, WE WILL solve the case, b/c I’m seen in over 100 countries by millions”.

Which he did actually mention, btw. How much exposure the case would get since HE was doing a show about it.

I’m pretty sure the entire nation knows about this case already, Mr McGraw.

It just felt icky to me.

I also doubt either family wrote to him. The show contacted them.

Sometimes it’s about truly helping someone. Mostly it’s about ratings.
I am not really a Dr. Phil fan, but people in Facebook groups wrote in continually to Dr. Phil to air the show. And, a lot of that was family.
[doublepost=1514242537,1514242396][/doublepost]To be totally honest, we didn't hear anything on Dr. Phil we haven't heard before. For some reason I can't get beyond, I thought the sister of Libby acted like she was terrified. If you noticed, the ISP sat right by her. Maybe she was intimidated by being on the show or maybe it was something else.
[doublepost=1514243201][/doublepost]
I live in Colorado and haven’t heard anything lately. He’s being held on other charges and my assumption is they’re trying to build a case for the cyclist.
I think you are right. He goes back to Court on January 3 and 4th. A lot of people think he will be put on Probation, but I hope not. He's been on Probation before and he gets away with everything--look at all those past charges. I think he murdered Tim Watkins, but whether or not they can prove it or not remains to be seen. Surely, if CO puts him on Probation, IN will extradite him back for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender. He sure doesn't need to be on the streets again. I noticed Katelyn Nations is also due in Court too--I believe they are in a Custody dispute. Katelyn has already filed for a Restraining Order on him.

I think he murdered that guy but don't think these cases are linked, it would have been nice and neat and closure but not feeling it, wish I was wrong.

How did we miss this development?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5356263/Man-questioned-Delphi-teen-murders-faces-court.html

• Daniel Nations, 31, has been extradited back to Indiana after he was arrested in Colorado last year for threatening hikers on a trail with a hatchet
  • Nations was once considered a suspect in the murder of two teens in Delphi, Indiana who were found dead in February
  • Police no longer consider him an active person of interest in the murder case

I thought the police sketch looked pretty close to Nation's mug shot...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5356263/Man-questioned-Delphi-teen-murders-faces-court.html

• Daniel Nations, 31, has been extradited back to Indiana after he was arrested in Colorado last year for threatening hikers on a trail with a hatchet
  • Nations was once considered a suspect in the murder of two teens in Delphi, Indiana who were found dead in February
because he isn't' considered a suspect in this case? I thought it was like drawing straws to try and think he was at the time, would have been good to get closure but no real fit

Police no longer consider him an active person of interest in the murder case

Police say a lot of things publicly that are intentionally misleading ... its tactical.

I'm not saying Daniel Nations is their man, I'm just saying that the police stating that he isn't considered to be an active person of interest means nothing to me.

Right now police are working on establishing the identity of the SEVENTH person killed by Bruce McArthur who is a serial killer in Toronto Ontario and who knows where else ... He was arrested January 18, 2018. BUT ... as early as December 2017, Police were stating publicly that there was no evidence that a serial killer was active and preying on men who frequent Toronto's very friendly gay village. During the time that LE was making these statements ... they were in fact actively investigating Bruce. So in Bruce's case any statement's police made publicly were a ruse. Lies they told so as not to drive Bruce underground, or alarm him to the degree that he killed himself and never made it to court at all.
[doublepost=1520553140,1520466654][/doublepost]
Police no longer consider him an active person of interest in the murder case

Active ... interesting choice of words especially considering he is in jail.

~ @Dexx ~ Your not alone in making the observation that Daniel Nation's mug shot closely resembled the rendering by law enforcements sketch artist.

th
th

The wide set eyes and width of brow, the length and width of the nose, width of face, distance between nose and upper lip, distance between lower lip and bottom of chin as well as the thin lipped feature.

If you superimposed one image over the other I think you would likely be looking at a close match.

I feel for the parents, family and friends who still wait for Abby and Libby's murderer to be named and brought to justice.

f6e0a5bcb8ff48bf666e9e6152fc1837.jpg

Delphi Double Murder Crime Scene

Every so often I come back to this thread to see if there has been any new developments that has led LE any nearer to making an arrest for the murders of Libby and Abby and every so often I'm disappointed anew.

18 months on since Abby and Libby were directed "Down the hill" where cruelty and death awaited them and still no break in the case that investigators care to share.

Last edited:
Back