• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
The Mansfield Independent School District confirmed it happened Monday around dismissal time in the school’s cafeteria.

The teenage girl was rushed to the hospital. Although her condition has not been released, sources told FOX 4 she suffered a serious head injury. The victim's family says the injuries are life-threatening.

Mansfield ISD only released a statement about what happened and would not answer questions or go on camera. The district said campus police responded immediately. The juvenile male student involved in the stabbing was taken into custody. They did not say if he is facing any charges.

The Mansfield Police Department said the school district’s police department is handling the investigation.

Mansfield ISD would not release any details about the suspect, the victim or the circumstances that led up to the stabbing, citing privacy laws.
[....]
A relative of the victim told FOX 4 that the victim is a 13-year-old seventh-grade girl. He says she was stabbed in the face by a 15-year-old boy. The scissors hit an artery and the girl remains in the ICU at a local hospital.

Details on a motive remain unclear.

The district did not say if it has added extra security.

Sources tell FOX 4 the 15-year-old suspect has made an initial appearance before a judge in Tarrant County juvenile court and is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The DA's office will consider whether to charge a juvenile suspect as an adult.

The district says it does have video of the incident from school security cameras, but it will not release that because it’s part of the investigation.

The victim’s family has asked for privacy.

News video is at the link.

Hoping for an update. It's very disturbing no matter what precipitated it. Where did he get the knife? I thought those were prohibited for this very reason. Are the metal detectors now just gathering dust at these schools? Everyone's worried about guns instead?

A glance at the title and I thought my mom was right about the whole running with scissors thing.

I do hope there's an update on this one soon. I'd love to hear the motive.

Back