• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.fox4news.com/news/13-year-old-attacked-walking-to-ft-worth-bus-was-grabbed-choked
[....]
Fort Worth police say they've received dozens of tips after releasing a surveillance video Tuesday that could help them solve the attack. The girl remains hospitalized in critical condition, still too badly injured for officers to interview her.

The girl's family says they moved here about 15 months ago from the Democratic Republic of Congo. The girl's father says he spoke to his daughter right after the attack.

"She told me somebody came, was in a car, a black car, he told me I need help from you,” said Twizere Buhinja.

The father says his daughter refused the man's request. The attacker then grabbed his daughter by the arm and put his hand on her throat.

"Her medical condition is very serious and that adds to this,” said FWPD Sgt. Chris Britt.
[....]
Investigators have combed the area every day since the attack and they questioned more people on Wednesday.

“She's obviously right now the only witness we have to what exactly happened. It's why we're coming out we want to get those other witnesses in the event it's a long time before we're able to speak to her,” Britt said.

Police said anyone who thinks they might have information about the case is asked to call Crimestoppers at 817-469-8477.
042418%20Fort%20Worth%20Police%20Press%20Conf%20KDFWBCME01.mpg_10.37.03.12_1524587287334.png_5394083_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The video is at the link.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/trackdown-help-find-fort-worth-students-attacker
P-TRACKDOWN%20-%20FW%20STUDENT%20ASSAULT%20530P_00.00.09.29_1525297471512.png_5444607_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

P-TRACKDOWN%20-%20FW%20STUDENT%20ASSAULT%20530P_00.00.56.25_1525297477389.png_5444612_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The 13-year-old refugee from Congo still remains in the hospital and unable to talk clearly yet with detectives. Fort Worth police hope the new video will help them identify the man who may know what happened that day.
[....]
Video shows the person of interest walking with a purpose through the Knights Inn Motel just after the attack that left the victim in critical condition. The man had a beard, a black ball cap turned backwards, a black pullover and was carrying a backpack.

“We believe this person was here and has some information that would help us understand what transpired that morning,” Henz said.
New video shows the same man detectives want to speak with walk into a convenience store just a few minutes after the attack. Police describe him as a white male, about 5’8” tall and weighing about 200 pounds.

After going to the convenience store bathroom, video shows the person of interest walking out without a beard after shaving it in the bathroom. He took off the long-sleeve pullover and was wearing a black t-shirt that said ‘Brooklyn 33.’ His tattoos on the left side of his neck and on both arms were all exposed. He had a backpack in his right hand.

“We need to know who this guy is,” Henz said. “He called someone to come pick him up shortly after this happened.”

Detectives say the person of interested jumped in the passenger side of a white SUV and left.

Police want you to call them and tell them who he is. “We're not worried about criminal histories. We're not worried about warrants, things like that. We're not worried about that stuff. We're worried about finding this guy,” said Fort Worth Police Sgt. Chris Britt.
[....]
Anyone who may know the person of interest is urged to call Crime Stoppers at (817) 469-8477.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/M...-Girl-Near-School-Bus-in-April-488543351.html
serveimage

A truck driver arrested in Oklahoma City Tuesday is accused of assaulting a 12-year-old Fort Worth girl as she walked to the school bus in April.

The girl, identified as Dorika Wimana, told police she was walking toward the bus stop at Calmont Avenue and Laredo Drive at about 7 a.m. April 19 when she was attacked by a man.

Wimana's family said as the child fought back her attacker began choking her -- when her school bus pulled up the man ran away. Wimana was able to get to the bus stop and report the attack to her bus driver, who then called police.
[....]
"We interviewed him, got the information that makes us very confident that he did cause this," said Henz.

Still, Henz said during a news conference Wednesday that investigators have yet to determine a motive for the attack. He said they looked at all possibilities, including whether the attack was gang related, sexual, trafficking -- and there was no indication that it was any of those.

"I don't have a motive, that's our concern ... that's the one mystery we have not been able to solve," Henz said. "But there was nothing better than to call the dad and let him know that we got this guy. He was very grateful and very appreciative of the work we did."

Months later, Wimana remains hospitalized and officials have not said if she'll make a full recovery. Henz described the girl as a fighter and a survivor, but added that they have not been able have a "good, solid interview" with her due to her injuries.

The girl’s father, Twizere Buhinja, said his daughter’s heart and lungs were damaged when she was choked. Buhinja told NBC 5 doctors say his daughter will need a heart transplant. The child was healthy prior to the attack, according to Buhinja.
[....]
Henz said there was no known connection between King and Wimana and that there was little to suggest King was known in the community or had spent a lot of time there. He added that investigators do not know of any other similar assaults in Fort Worth, but will examine King's background and where he's worked as a truck driver to see if similar offenses may have been committed elsewhere.

King has been charged with injury to a child causing serious bodily injury. If convicted, King faces 5 to 99 years behind bars for the second-degree felony.

King is expected to be extradited to Tarrant County; it's not clear if he's obtained an attorney.

They got him ... yippee!

Enjoy jail asshole ... !!!

I don't know who the SUV driver is ... but if it was me, I'd be asking the police permission to kick this guy in the fucking teeth for calling me for a

ride after something like this.

It’s still not clear, from opening statements or testimony what prosecutor’s believe King’s motive was. But Uwimana, whose family came to North Texas as refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo, talked about how the man who at first asked for help, then hit her in the face, and grabbed her by the neck.
[....]
“The first time he grabbed me he hit me on the floor, I lost my conscience. After that I did not know where he go,” described Uwimana from the stand.

King, a truck driver, lived in Fort Worth for more than four years and moved right after the girl was assaulted. Three months after the attack he was located and arrested by U.S. Marshals in Oklahoma City.
full

Uwimana was beaten and strangled for so long that her heart was damaged from lack of oxygen. Dorika was attacked in April of 2018 and by July she had already undergone three surgeries. She celebrated her 13th birthday at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas after one of those operations.

Uwimana’s father, the bus driver and paramedic all testified Monday morning.

[....]
It only took a few hours for a jury to find Terry King, 37, guilty on two separate charges. King showed no emotion as he was convicted of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury and assault.
[....]
The defense rested without calling any witnesses. But King’s attorneys went on the attack during closing arguments, starting with Dorika's testimony. They pointed out she initially said the man was in a car.

"Terry King never had a car that day, that is without a doubt, a non-dispute. Dorika told you the man not only had a car but he was in the car when he said come help me,” said Steve Gebhardt. “They'll be the first to tell you, we don't have to prove a motive and that’s true they don't. But those offenses without a motive is a weakness in their case, is a sign of a weakness in their case.”

Prosecutors fired back, saying King’s DNA under Dorika’s fingernails tells her story.

“She fought him to stay alive as he was squeezing the life out of her, that’s how his DNA got on her hands. That is why it’s there. Because she fought to live. She looked him in the eye and said, ‘not today,’” said prosecutor Dale Smith.

The sentencing phase started after the verdict. On the most serious charge king has been convicted of, he faces anywhere from five to 99 years in prison.

Latest posts

Back