• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Mrs. Turpin is losing that delusional air about her... I remember her looking at her husband with that weird, fawning look at their first court appearance. Some of the recent pics show her distressed, like reality is setting in. I’m glad to see it.

There were lots of horrible details revealed in the hearing today, but one of the most heartbreaking was that some of the children suffer from Pyschosocial Dwarfism. I had never heard of this before, but after looking it up, it seems like if anyone was going to suffer from this disorder the Turpin kids would be at the head of the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosocial_short_stature

‘Horror house’ parents choked kid for watching Justin Bieber video

One of the California “Horror House” siblings was choked so hard she thought she would die — all because she watched a Justin Bieber video, investigators revealed during two days of testimony at a pre-trial hearing.

The 17-year-old girl, who, in January, made a daring escape out of a window and called 911, told Riverside County Sheriff’s Deputy Manuel Campos how her mom, Louise Turpin, attacked her for watching the forbidden pop video on a cell phone about two years ago.

“Do you want to die?” the girl told Campos her mom asked as she choked her.

“Yes, you do. You want to die. You want to die and go to hell,” Campos said in court Wednesday, recounting the girl’s testimony,

The teen also said that her dad, David Turpin, who is charged with committing lewd acts on a child, pulled her pants down when she was 12 and placed her on his lap. He also tried to kiss her on the mouth several times, she said.

Other disturbing details heard by the court included how the teen and her 12 siblings were fed one meal a day, consisting of peanut butter and bologna sandwiches, frozen burritos or chips.

The siblings were frequently beaten, sometimes whipped with belts. They were often tied up, fist with ropes and later with chains, for months at a time, prosecutors said.

Investigators testified that medical records showed some of the kids were severely malnourished, with some adult children being 32lbs underweight

The teen said she hadn’t finished first grade and investigators said she spoke like a child and had difficulty pronouncing some words.

She hadn’t bathed in a year, and Campos described how her skin was caked with dirt.

“Sometimes I wake up and I can’t breathe because of how dirty our house is,” the teen said in the 911 call to cops, which was played for the court.

The courageous girl planned her escape for two years, she said, and when she finally left the decrepit home, her hands were shaking so much she had trouble dialing the three numbers.

Because the kids were barely ever let out of their rooms, let alone their house, she didn’t know the neighborhood and had to read her own address off a piece of scrap paper, Campos said. She also couldn’t spell her last name.

A photo she took of two of her emaciated sisters, one who was 11-years-old, shackled to their beds by their wrists, was also made public for the first time, and the courtroom gasped upon viewing it.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2018/06/22/horror-house-parents-choked-kid-for-watching-justin-bieber-video/

‘Horror house’ parents choked kid for watching Justin Bieber video

One of the California “Horror House” siblings was choked so hard she thought she would die — all because she watched a Justin Bieber video, investigators revealed during two days of testimony at a pre-trial hearing.

The 17-year-old girl, who, in January, made a daring escape out of a window and called 911, told Riverside County Sheriff’s Deputy Manuel Campos how her mom, Louise Turpin, attacked her for watching the forbidden pop video on a cell phone about two years ago.

Honestly prob the most logical, acceptable thing these parents have done. I'd prob even side with them here.

Was it stress or malnutrition that caused the poor growth? how do they pinpoint the cause?

Apparently, you can have Psychosocial Dwarfism just from long term stress alone, but I imagine that their being essentially starved for their entire lives was also a big factor (as well as a daily stressor). The parents not only limited their food drastically, but they also played mind games around food, like eating good food in front of the kids, or buying pies and setting them out on the counter, but telling the kids they could not eat them. They would sit there until they molded, then "mom" would throw them away. Talk about a mind fuck for those desperately hungry kids.

Here is a 23 minute piece on The Turpin family from 60 Minutes Australia. There isn’t really any new info, but there are interviews with family and neighbours.

Ugh I hate 60 minutes from these other countries. Had no idea it existed until a couple weeks ago. So different from the American version, no where near as respectable and professional. Very amateurish, lot of stuff borderline exploitative, hokey recreations. FEels more like Inside Edition or some other junk newscast than 60 Min.

I'm still hopeful for new information ..

Eventually, I'd like to hear, the parents are each receiving the death sentence ..
Keeping my fingers crossed ..

House of horrors mom weeps in court as she hears daughter's 911 call https://dailym.ai/2K4MOpt

Mr Turpin is sporting long finger nails these days. French manicure.
Wait— those were his fingernails?! :vomit:

ETA I bet there is a good reason they’re still keeping the adult kids separate from the younger ones. Flowers in the Attic maybe?

Last edited:
Wait— those were his fingernails?! :vomit:

ETA I bet there is a good reason they’re still keeping the adult kids separate from the younger ones. Flowers in the Attic maybe?
The minor children are in the foster care system, and the adult children are in the dependent adult system. Because there are so many, it's impossible to place them all together.

The minor children are in the foster care system, and the adult children are in the dependent adult system. Because there are so many, it's impossible to place them all together.
Yes that’s quite logical but the only contact is through Skype...

My take on it, Louise is obsessed with recreating a time in her life when she, felt valuable (virgin bride type of value, which was drummed into her, he wanted her for more than just sex and throw away) and so recreates the wedding and first couple of years new young wife, pregnant, then new only baby to dote on. The holiday to Disney land. Once the child is two or three, when the second would have come along, that time was over. The children aren’t really real people to her, just props in her fantasy, so they get as little attention as she can muster and she diminishes their existence as much as she possibly can. The only value is when she trots them out on show occasionally. Or to entertain her by being cruel.
That’s why he has kept that old haircut all these years. She doesn’t see him as any different from when they met. She doesn’t want him to change anything that might interfere with the recreation of thefantasy.
She could have taught the kids to clean and learn but that would be giving them a value.
She doesn’t care if the house is clean. As long as her living space and the babies nursery is then that’s all she needs for the fantasy. They don’t need to learn anything in her eyes. They aren’t real people. They don’t need to wash or eat either.

There will be dead children. There’s no way that many children got to that age with no medical care after they were two ( she gives birth inhospital and probably does the babies first well child visits, because that’s part of the script). If any got sick after they were two, she wouldn’t want to take them for help. That acknowledges value. She wouldn’t blink an eye if a child died. She would absolutely kill one if it threatened her delusion.

She just wants to recreate those first few years, when she felt like she was valued, that she had worth, over and over as Infinitum.
If she hadn’t been caught then it would have continued. If she couldn’t have fallen pregnant she would have probably got her daughter impregnated and taken the baby. If she hasn’t done that already.
Even the sex with a stranger is a demonstration of how she is worth more to him than sex.
She’s insane and doesn’t care at all.

I think it has much more to do with control.
BTW, the Turpins have a court hearing on Oct 5.
We can see how their are doing.

Recreation of the fantasy is totally dependent on her having complete control.
But her control isn’t about getting the children to work or clean to relieve her of her duties. She doesn’t treat them like slaves. Slaves have value. She diminishes their existence.

The children aren’t really real people to her, just props in her fantasy, so they get as little attention as she can muster and she diminishes their existence as much as she possibly

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F180115211915-02-turpin-file.jpg

Your insight on that fucking psycho makes this photo so much more creepy.

Last edited:
Just a quick update on this one -

https://www.kcra.com/article/califo...ldren-denied-mental-health-diversion/23623639

Set the alarms for 30 Nov.

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California judge on Friday denied a request by a woman charged with the torture and abuse of most of her 13 children to be considered for a mental health diversion program, authorities said.

Louise Turpin's attorney, Jeff Moore, made the request during a court appearance in Riverside, arguing his client had been diagnosed with histrionic personality disorder, the Riverside County District Attorney's office said in a statement.

Histrionic personality disorder is "a pattern of excessive emotion and attention seeking," according to the American Psychiatric Association's website. A person with this disorder may be uncomfortable when not the center of attention or display rapidly shifting or exaggerated emotions, the site said.

The judge denied the request and found Turpin "posed an unreasonable risk to the public," the statement said.

<...>

The Turpins have pleaded not guilty. They are being held on $12 million bail each and are due back in court Nov. 30.

Back