• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837492/

I binge watched this over the weekend. It was really good IMO. It's about a 17yr old girl who commits suicide. She leaves these cassette tapes explaining WHY she did what she did.

I felt there were a couple things that seemed unrealistic to me, but then I figured that's probably because I am a parent and not a teen.

Basically, she went through a lot of shit that a lot of teens go through. But it became too much for her, the series ended with me assuming certain things would happen after. Oh, and be forewarned they do show her suicide in a very brutal and graphic way.

I watched the first two so far. Not bad, but you can tell it's tailored more for younger people. I don't want any spoilers but why is she tormenting Clay?! I don't get it.

Watched the first two episodes with my 8th grader. We will watch the whole thing together as time permits. Pretty good, definitely good for teens to watch.

Stop making threads about bad movies please. Thanks.

This coming from the guy who recommended 'The Good Neighbor'? Seriously? That movie sucked hard - you must be related to someone in it.

Finished it this morning. Kind of hated the ending and hated the BS about Clay being on the tapes, especially with what she says about Clay in the tapes. Seems unfair to be on there. Hannah is straight drama. We all knew a kid like that in high school. I felt like the show tried to minimize her BS in all this, and put it all on the rest. Though true the rest were sucky people. Some people are saying it's not realistic of what high school is. I know it's not everyones experience, but we all knew every one of those kids. We saw them, we knew who they were. I went to a big high school and I did.
[doublepost=1492719201,1492719143][/doublepost]
Finished it this morning. Kind of hated the ending and hated the BS about Clay being on the tapes, especially with what she says about Clay in the tapes. Seems unfair to be on there. Hannah is straight drama. We all knew a kid like that in high school. I felt like the show tried to minimize her BS in all this, and put it all on the rest. Though true the rest were sucky people. Some people are saying it's not realistic of what high school is. I know it's not everyones experience, but we all knew every one of those kids. We saw them, we knew who they were. I went to a big high school and I did.

Kind of hated how they ended with Alex. But then, that was the point.

This coming from the guy who recommended 'The Good Neighbor'? Seriously? That movie sucked hard - you must be related to someone in it.

Get better taste. Def has its flaws, but overrall it was a solid thriller that did a great job subverting expectations. Plus James Caan is fucking awesome and it's rare to see him do something of quality and display his acting ability.

That's fine, just come out and say you watched it for James Caan - so did I and it still sucked. Showed promise but did not fulfill it. Try 'Don't Breathe' instead.

That's fine, just come out and say you watched it for James Caan - so did I and it still sucked. Showed promise but did not fulfill it. Try 'Don't Breathe' instead.

I expected something trying to compete with Don't Breathe and i was pleasantly surprised to get something totally different. That's one of the movies strengths, that it's not some derivative horror flick but instead subverts those expectations to deliver something original and unique. Don't Breathe being great and also featuring a badasss shut in character doesn't negate how good Caan is or how enjoyable his performance was.

Don't Breathe was a good time and a solid flick, but i felt it lacked the punch i anticipated and desired due to the positive reviews/word of mouth and great trailers. It really needed one or two more robbers getting offed, and as fun as it all was, it didn't do itself any favors in the horror dept by making the "protagonists"(if you can call em that) so fucking unlikable. I got upset when they didn't receive the horrible deaths i desired. Even after finding out what a creep the blind guy was, i still couldnt help but root for him over these scum robbers. I greatly enjoyed it, but when compared to the BRILLIANT Green Room(which also came out last year and if you haven't seen it yet, fix your life), it was a tad underwhelming.

Latest posts

Back