• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
20110811-04.jpg
Two parents have been arrested for giving their daughter mushrooms. The child told police it was for religious purposes.

Early Wednesday morning, officers were called to investigate a 12-year-old girl who was outside near 107th and Pacific Street. They found the girl, who was muddy, crying, distraught and claimed to be lost.

She told officers that her parents gave her mushrooms, which act as a hallucinogen. She said they allegedly made her take them for religious purposes late Tuesday evening. After taking the mushrooms, she left home and continued her "religious experience" by laying in a creek and walking in the mud.

When officers investigated, they found the parents were growing mushrooms at their home. Both parents, 39-year-old Christopher Ewerdt and 37-year-old Cynthia Ewerdt were booked for Felony Child Abuse and Manufacturing a Controlled Substance.
[...]

WOWT Channel 6 News spoke with Cynthia's mother in person. She said she was totally shocked and didn't believe her daughter was like that. She also said she wasn't aware of the couple going to church.
[...]

The victim was taken into protective custody, but her grandmother says she hopes to take custody of her soon.
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/127474283.html

it hard enough for me to get 'shrooms...why the hell would i share them with a 12 year old? i just don't understand.

I bet you these asshats were already shrooming and that's why the "religious" shit came up. Man that kid could have been drowned or something.

Last edited:
My friends dad gave us shrooms when we were 13. My friend, her bf, and I laid in bed and tripped on the ceiling and window all night. Her dad sat like a statue and smiled at us the entire night...he looked like the friggin Joker from Batman. Creepy ass fucker.

Good times.

Grew up in and around drugs, no one ever thought to give any to us. And as usual, perp's mom was "SHOCKED", yeah I bet she was. Liar. Makes one wonder if there are other reasons for these people giving kids drugs. Even my uncle Robb, who despite high IO does some of the STUPIDEST shit I have ever seen a grown man do, has never given kids drugs.

I've never done shrooms or acid, but I did have a wild trip on some cough medicine the doc gave me for a bad Upper resp infection. It was the DM or whatever they call skittles, on the street. I'd had a beer with it and I felt fucking wow, like an orgasm in my head and body. Was wild.

Last edited:
The parents had an epiphany and decided to share with the kiddies. How stupid. Don't they remember how hard it was finding those 'shrooms in the cow pasture? Or maybe they ate the cowshit and gave the kids the 'shrooms. REALLY stupid.

The parents had an epiphany and decided to share with the kiddies. How stupid. Don't they remember how hard it was finding those 'shrooms in the cow pasture? Or maybe they ate the cowshit and gave the kids the 'shrooms. REALLY stupid.

They grew the shrooms themselves, hopefully sans the cowshit.

When officers investigated, they found the parents were growing mushrooms at their home.

Shrooms never made me act like that girl. I didn't even know they could make you that zooted. Some people think just because it's "natural" or can be grown that makes it not bad for you. Poor kid.

My cousin who is dead at the age of 31 first started with LSD then went to Mushrooms with my 3rd cousin David Jacobs. He stated he and David ate a quarter a peice at the beach one night and the stars were melting. Then they both threw up. Sounds fun to me! Any way after that night he was not the same person. He worked as a bar tender at a Charlotte club owned by the Outlaws and started carring loaded weapons with him and was really paranoid all the time stating they were after him. He told me the radio always spoke directly to him and he eventually OD'd on prescription meds.

I always said no to LSD and Shrooms cause Nancy Reagan said so. That is why I am still breathing I guess.

My cousin who is dead at the age of 31 first started with LSD then went to Mushrooms with my 3rd cousin David Jacobs. He stated he and David ate a quarter a peice at the beach one night and the stars were melting. Then they both threw up. Sounds fun to me! Any way after that night he was not the same person. He worked as a bar tender at a Charlotte club owned by the Outlaws and started carring loaded weapons with him and was really paranoid all the time stating they were after him. He told me the radio always spoke directly to him and he eventually OD'd on prescription meds.

I always said no to LSD and Shrooms cause Nancy Reagan said so. That is why I am still breathing I guess.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Never would I have thought shrooms had long term effects... even negative effects while taking them. I should consider myself lucky?

I would attribute paranoia with LSD, but not ever shrooms.

Testimony that a 12-year-old girl was wandering around "tripping" on hallucinogenic mushrooms led to some stern parenting advice from a Douglas County judge.
[...]

In court Friday, Detective Chris Perna testified that the girl's father told police the couple had given their daughter the mushrooms and had done so twice before.

Perna said Christopher Ewerdt told police he and his wife started growing mushrooms in their apartment after their daughter came to them in April and said she was interested in trying them. Rather than have her find the mushrooms on the streets, they decided that growing them was the safer option.

The family has taken mushrooms together before as part of a "spiritual journey," Perna said.

Christopher Ewerdt said the couple never sold mushrooms but did give them to friends as gifts.

After Douglas County Judge John Huber decided that Cynthia Ewerdt should stand trial, her court-appointed attorney, Jessica Douglas, asked that her $500,000 bail be reduced. Douglas said there was no evidence that Cynthia Ewerdt had given her daughter, who was placed in protective custody, the mushrooms or that she helped grow them. Douglas also said her client has mental-health issues.

Huber reduced the bail amount to $150,000 but had some words for Cynthia Ewerdt.

"The problem is no one stepping in and said you shouldn't give mushrooms to a 12-year-old," he said. "You don't have to have a high school education to figure that probably isn't a good idea."
http://www.omaha.com/article/20110826/NEWS97/708269849/-1

An Omaha couple faces 10 years in prison for giving their 12-year-old daughter hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Christopher and Cynthia Ewerdt pleaded no contest to a pair of felonies -- child abuse and possession of a controlled substance.
[...]

There is a separate case in juvenile court on determining where to place the girl.

Sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 1.
http://www.ketv.com/news/29723820/detail.html

............"cause Nancy Reagan said so. That is why I am still breathing I guess"

Really? That has to be sarcasm. Didn't you think for yourself at all, perhaps these drugs are dangerous? If Nancy turned out to have only one boob, would you volunteer for amputation?

............"cause Nancy Reagan said so. That is why I am still breathing I guess"

Really? That has to be sarcasm. Didn't you think for yourself at all, perhaps these drugs are dangerous? If Nancy turned out to have only one boob, would you volunteer for amputation?

Mrs. Reagan lives....Janis Joplin does not.

On Wednesday, Douglas County District Judge Duane Dougherty sentenced Christopher Ewerdt, 39, and Cynthia Ewerdt, 37, to five years of probation for child abuse for giving their 12-year-old daughter mushrooms.

Prosecutor Molly Keane said the couple had given the girl mushrooms three or four times.
[...]

He called the couple's behavior "appalling." However, he said, he was relieved that Nebraska Health and Human Services will continue to oversee the child — and the interaction she has with her parents.

The Ewerdts faced up to five years of probation or up to 25 years in prison after pleading no contest to child abuse and possession of a controlled substance.

"This is wrongheaded thinking but it wasn't out of some sick need to see the child use drugs," Assistant Douglas County Public Defender Leslie Cavanaugh said. "It was out of the belief — a belief that Mr. Ewerdt is now mortified about — that it was some sort of spiritual awakening."

The couple were to be released from jail later Wednesday. Both were ordered to undergo treatment and family counseling as part of their probation.

"The crimes are appalling," Dougherty told Christopher Ewerdt. "I can't imagine that anyone would do this to their own children. However, I am given some comfort, quite a bit of comfort, that juvenile court has had an ongoing file for you and your wife. The overall goal being to solve your problems and your wife's problems."
http://www.omaha.com/article/20120201/NEWS97/702019842/1003

Back