• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 12-year-old boy in Michigan raised $2,500 through donations and odd jobs to pay for his best friend’s headstone as a Christmas present to the friend’s mother.

When Kenneth “K.J.” Gross died in May at age 12, he and Kaleb Klakulak, 12, had been friends since second grade.

K.J. was diagnosed with leukemia as an infant and fought the disease for most of his life, according to the Detroit News. He and Kaleb spent time watching TV and playing video games together, even after K.J. ended up hospitalized with congestive heart failure in January.

"They were kindred spirits; they were like brothers. Even their facial features were alike — the glasses and everything,” said K.J.’s mother, LaSondra “San” Singleton. "He was that ray of hope that K.J. needed when he was depressed. Kaleb was there even when K.J. couldn’t speak.”

When Kaleb heard Singleton was having trouble paying for K.J.’s headstone, he decided to step up and raise the money by doing odd jobs and collecting soda bottles. He also collected money through PayPal.

"I love Ms. San," Kaleb told the Detroit News. "I was sad she couldn't afford it. I wanted people to be able to find [K.J.'s grave] when they went to see him."

Singleton says she’s overwhelmed by Kaleb’s kind gesture.

"It just speaks volumes to the type of people that they are, and it speaks to the type of person that K.J. was — he impacted people to where they want to do this for him,” she told the Detroit News.
http://www.wbtv.com/2018/12/09/they-were-like-brothers-boy-raises-money-best-friends-headstone/
1544393571142.png

Last edited:
Kaleb Klakulak is a totally awesome kid and a wonderful friend. Also, his name sounds Klingon. Just sayin'.

Latest posts

Back