• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Fircrest woman is accused of trying to choke her 11-year-old daughter because she was upset about a visitation agreement with the girl’s father.

The 36-year-old woman pleaded not guilty to second-degree child assault.

Charging papers give this account:

The mother was drinking and talking about how she didn’t want her daughter to visit her father that weekend.

She threatened to kill her daughter, then put her hands around her throat and squeezed, allegedly telling her, “If I can’t have you, no one will.”

The girl was able to kick her mother and break free.

When her uncle saw the girl running downstairs crying and the mother chasing her, the uncle locked the mother out of the room and called 911.

Police said the mother was obviously under the influence when they arrived.

The girl later told police her mother had choked her on a few occasions in recent months.

“She said she didn’t tell anyone because she didn’t want to stop seeing her mother,” records say.

Last edited:
What a nightmare life must be like for that kid, knowing she wasn't safe at home with her own mother and also knowing if she said anything about it she wouldn't be able to see her mother.

Having had a good childhood with no abuse whatsoever, I can't begin to imagine what these kids go through. It sounds as if she was resigned to thinking "This is as good as it gets" which really sucks because it should never be that way.

At least the uncle did something, so not everyone failed this kid.

Poor kid. I understand where she is coming from though. I was severely abused and never told anyone until I was an adult. At the time, it was a case of "the devil you know".
God bless, I hope all is well with you now. I came from an alcoholic family with a lot of emotional cruelty and bizarre relationships. It's hard as hell to struggle through even as an adult. Be strong!

Thanks, @JamesEllroy. I actually turned out pretty well, under the circumstances. Apparently I was more likely to have ended up shooting strangers from a freeway overpass. But look at us... we both survived our troubled childhoods and here we still are.

I still see a therapist weekly because I find it helpful, but could survive without it. I progress a day at a time, and will probably die of old age before having exorcised all my demons, but I have reduced or eliminated many of them, so that progress is better than none.

You be strong too.

My abuse was too subtle and my mother was good at acting, so no one imagined anything was wrong. Emotional abuse is terrible in part because of that and that it doesn't "seem that bad" because there's nothing physical to point at. She held foster care over my head as a threat, too, so, yeah, the devil you know. Gawd, once she decided to get a pair of children from the local orphanage and we took them out to the park. The entire time I was puzzled why she would be so nice to these strange children while treating me like a red-headed stepchild emotionally. It was a surreal experience and it was hard for me to participate, because of the huge cognitive dissonance going on in my head that day.

No one would believe it even now. I've tried opening up to a cousin, but she found it hard to swallow. Sent her a link to the youtube channel that helped me and she wouldn't look at it because the woman calls her channel The Little Shaman and that's witchcraft, don't you know. Not long after that the channel was taken down over spurious claims that it promoted violence.

I sympathize with anyone who has suffered any type of abuse. It's all destructive and affects the victim for a lifetime.

Back