• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An 11-month-old baby boy was almost boiled alive after accidentally falling in to a bucket of scalding-hot water in Ukraine.

Doctors are battling to save the life of little Daniil Chernenko after he suffered horrific burns to 80 per cent of his body in the village of Salhany, Ukraine.

Heartbreaking pictures taken by a charity volunteer show Daniil lying on the bed and covered in bandages after being hospitalized.

The incident is said to have unfolded when the baby was about to have a bath. His mother Tetyana Chernenko reportedly brought a bucket with boiling water in to the bedroom and put it on the floor near a table.

She planned to mix some boiling water with cold water in a baby bathtub that was standing on the table so she could bath her son.

At this point, Daniil was playing on the table near the bathtub. But when his mother turned away for a few seconds to take some cold water, the child fell from the table into the scalding hot bucket of water.

Mrs Chernenko said: 'I saw how he fell in the boiling water. I rushed to the bucket and pulled him out.

'I hugged him, then wrapped him in a cotton cloth. When I unwrapped him I saw his skin was peeling off.'

Daniil was rushed to hospital in Odessa, the capital city in critical condition and diagnosed with burns to 80 per cent of his body.

Police are treating the case as an accident.
I don't believe her.

How much frickin boiling water would u need to mix in a baby bath. What kind of bucket would have room to totally emerge a kid? If it was that huge how’d she ever carry it? And what-he fell in head first? Of course everyone knows how comforting it is to be hugged when your covered in 3rd degree burns.

So... in the Ukraine is it normal to take buckets of hot and cold water into the bedroom for a bath? Do they not have bathrooms?

If you live in one of the old soviet style apartment blocks or in the country your 'bathroom' may have a shitter and a sink but getting a shower/bathtub is another thing (they're also expensive). If you don't have one, the 'shower' area is usually a smoothed out section with a floor drain or like in this situation - a couple of buckets and a ladle.

This isn't uncommon, especially in rural areas.

@Satanica
A baby boy has died after falling into a bucket of scalding water and suffering catastrophic burns as his mother prepared his bath in Ukraine.

Doctors had battled to save Daniil Chernenko after he suffered burns to 80 per cent of his body.

His heart stopped beating after 11 days in a critical condition, just two days after his first birthday and staff at the hospital in Odessa were unable to resuscitate him.

Tetyana Chernenko was with her son when he died and has not been able to forgive herself for what happened, reports say.

Katherine Nozhevnikova - 'The child won 11 days of life thanks to people who donated funds for his treatment. We have lost him. I am so sorry.'

Police are treating the case as an accident.

He suffered from unbearable pain for the last 11 days of his life, Katherine Nozhevnikova, you dumb ass.

I’m sorry but she doesn’t look devistated to me. If I had done this to my child and listened to him becoming hoarse from crying bc of the excruciating pain I-I’d look as bad as I’d feel.

Also read the 159 comments on the article and NOT one questioned the mothers sketchy explanation. Weird.

I’m sorry but she doesn’t look devistated to me. If I had done this to my child and listened to him becoming hoarse from crying bc of the excruciating pain I-I’d look as bad as I’d feel.

Also read the 159 comments on the article and NOT one questioned the mothers sketchy explanation. Weird.
We're all more than a bit jaded around here from way too many stories of batshit insane ratfuckers beating, stabbing, raping, and torturing random people. Sometimes awful shit just happens without malicious intent.
LFODBiker's comment is worth considering. Unless you're in a relatively new resort, you may be dealing with soviet era infrastructure. I'm not familiar with The Ukraine itself, but have a gander at this:
http://kommunalka.colgate.edu/cfm/essays.cfm?ClipID=371&TourID=900

A tip for your next kid, Tetyana: when he falls in boiling water, remove him immediately and dunk him in the cold water. It slows down the flesh cooking.

Back