• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
cruserbluelights.png

An 11-month-old baby is in extremely critical condition after being shot three times while seated inside the back of a car in Philadelphia.

The incident happened on Saturday night at around 8 p.m. in the Hunting Park neighborhood in Philadelphia.

The child was seated in the back of a car being driven by the baby's stepmother when the woman reported that she heard shots being fired in the area.

The woman drove for a few blocks before turning around and realizing that her car had been shot and the baby had been hit by four bullets that penetrated the vehicle: once in the head, once in the chest, and twice in the back according to ABC's Philadelphia station WPVI.

The baby suffered gunshot wounds to the head, chest, and buttocks. The woman rushed the child to the Einstein Medical Center. The child was then transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital and is currently in extremely critical condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gut reaction is this is bs. Think they were shooting at stepmom?

Let me help -

From the sounds of things they may have been bystanders as three people were reported injured not far away.

BUT the question is -
-A target as small as a baby
-Hit multiple times
-Mom doesn't realize it??? WTF?!?

Sorry, that's beyond some Jules Winnfield/Vincent Vega shit. My money's on 'She's covering for someone'.

It's just absolutely astounding bad luck if they're innocent bystanders. The car was hit 5 times and three of those hit the baby (the article has apparently been updated from the original quote).

It's not as though the car was sprayed all down the side and one stray hit the victim. That's 3 bullets in a very tight radius.

What?! How? I don't understand how your car can get breeched by multiple gunshots without you realizing it immediately.

Gut reaction is this is bs. Think they were shooting at stepmom?

Thinking the same thing.. but sounds like shots were from behind maybe.. surprisingly stepmom was unharmed (sarcastic).. a lot of violence on a wee one.. very surprised the child's alive.
That baby would have been crying or gurgling...

Last edited:
She froze.
She heard the shots and stopped the car and ducked.
When the shots stopped she drove on a few blocks.
Shock.
Selfish though.
With gunshots flying round it’d be difficult to hear a baby crying, and if you did you’d assume it was scared.
Thing is if you have a baby in the car and hear gunshots you would floor it and get out of there.

She froze.
She heard the shots and stopped the car and ducked.
When the shots stopped she drove on a few blocks.
Shock.
Selfish though.
With gunshots flying round it’d be difficult to hear a baby crying, and if you did you’d assume it was scared.
Thing is if you have a baby in the car and hear gunshots you would floor it and get out of there.
My ass would have floored it zig zag.. 35mph to 100mph in seconds.. people need to learn not to let fear control.. but I try to understand.. why would the baby be crying

"Please continue to keep my baby in your prayers and mention him by name for he is not just an 11 month old, he's my world. Thank you," - Yasmeem's mother

A suspect is now in police custody in connection with the shooting of an 11-month-old boy in Philadelphia over the weekend, according to police.

Police say a man was taken into custody on Thursday, but he has not been formally charged.

Sources say the suspect was arrested as he showed up in court on unrelated charges.

Yaseem Munir Jenkins was shot four times, including once in the head, while inside a vehicle in the city's Hunting Park section.

A family spokesperson released this statement to Action News on behalf of Yaseem's mother:

"My son is fighting for his life and it is not fair. He's innocent, so precious, and his smile will brighten up anyone's day. He's such a bubbly kid. So loving and lovable. How could anyone be so heartless! Please do the right thing and help us find some form of closure or answers in this tragic situation. Help us find the shooter. I can't eat or sleep. I need justice for my baby...For the coward who did this to him, you will pay, even if it not today or tomorrow. God will handle you accordingly."

Last edited:
They got three more (it was over drugs) -

L I N K

3 arrested in Philadelphia shootings of 2 children

(CNN)Three men have been arrested in two separate shootings in Philadelphia last weekend that left a 2-year-old girl dead and an 11-month-old child critically wounded, police said.

Freddie Perez and Tayvon Thomas were arrested in the death of Nikolette Rivera, Philadelphia police said. The toddler was killed Sunday when someone fired a 7.62 mm rifle into a home in Kensington, in northern Philadelphia, hitting her in the back of the head. She died at the scene.

Francisco Ortiz was arrested Thursday in the shooting of the 11-month-old child, who remains in "very, very bad condition," said Philadelphia police Capt. Nicholas Brown.
The baby was shot four times while sitting in a vehicle Saturday in the city's Hunting Park area around 8 p.m., Brown said. The baby was hit once in the head, once in the neck and twice in the buttocks with rounds from a 9 mm gun, he said.

Police arrested Perez Tuesday in Chester, Pennsylvania, and Thomas was arrested Thursday in Philadelphia. Both were charged with murder, nine counts of attempted murder, criminal conspiracy and related offenses, police said.

Perez had 17 previous arrests, including 11 related to narcotics, Philadelphia police Capt. Jason Smith said. Thomas had nine prior arrests, according to Smith.
Ortiz was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and related offenses, police said.

The motivation for both shootings appears to be to disputes over territory between rival drug dealers, according to police.

douchebags.jpg

A similar incident happened on one of my mail routes.

In short, gangbanger busted, convicted, turns state evidence for lighter sentence.

Gets out, goes home to baby mama and child (toddler).

Gang comes a callin’ For retribution.

Him, baby mama and child in car trying to escape. Shots flying, cars chasing, the whole 9 yards.

They finally escape, pull over and discover that their child was dead as he was hit by gunfire intended for dad.

They moved shortly thereafter.

I just can’t even imagine what was going through that child’s mind in his last minutes of life.

The father of an 11-month-old boy, who was shot four times in Philadelphia last month, is now under arrest in connection with the shooting, the district attorney's office announced on Tuesday.

Yaseem Munir Jenkins was shot four times, including once in the head, while inside a vehicle in the city's Hunting Park section on October 19, 2019.

Authorities say the toddler was in the back seat of a car, along with his father, Nafes Monroe, his stepmother and another man when shots rang out.

Investigators say Monroe used his son as a human shield to thwart off a potential upset drug dealer.

"He was using counterfeit money to purchase drugs, knowing that counterfeit money is something that is very upsetting to drug dealers, and when they find out that they're being burned with counterfeit money, they act violently. And this was not the first instance of Mr. Monroe using counterfeit money," said Anthony Voci with the district attorney's office.

"It's our belief and our investigation has led us to believe that he intentionally had his child with him when he was making such types of purposes purchases with the idea or belief that if someone saw that he had a child in the car that they would not fire upon him," Voci added. "A human shield is probably the term that I would use."
Even after the shooting, Voci said Monroe didn't rush his son to the hospital.

"He also was the individual that was not only in the car with his child in harm's way, but drove the child to a house rather than taking him to a hospital immediately, then dropped his child off at the hospital and never looked back," said Voci.

Yaseem Munir Jenkins continues to fight for his life.
1573611676177.png

A statement from mom.
A family spokesperson released this statement to Action News last month on behalf of Yaseem's mother:

"My son is fighting for his life and it is not fair. He's innocent, so precious, and his smile will brighten up anyone's day. He's such a bubbly kid. So loving and lovable. How could anyone be so heartless! Please do the right thing and help us find some form of closure or answers in this tragic situation. Help us find the shooter. I can't eat or sleep. I need justice for my baby...For the coward who did this to him, you will pay, even if it not today or tomorrow. God will handle you accordingly."

Monroe was previously taken into custody on a probation violation. He has since been charged with reckless endangering another person and endangering the welfare of a child.

The person responsible for your son's shooting is the man you chose to be his father.

It's just absolutely astounding bad luck if they're innocent bystanders. The car was hit 5 times and three of those hit the baby (the article has apparently been updated from the original quote).

It's not as though the car was sprayed all down the side and one stray hit the victim. That's 3 bullets in a very tight radius.

Welp, there ya go. This makes a lot more sense now, knowing that the child was used as a human shield to protect the shitbag father. I knew there was something not right about that.

So I guess the astoundingly bad luck is simply that this child was born to these particular parents.

This bloke thought taking a kid along to pay for drugs with counterfeit money would mean he wouldn’t get shot.
He didn’t.
The kid did.
The kids stable in hospital.
Shot 4 times. Once to the head

This bloke thought taking a kid along to pay for drugs with counterfeit money would mean he wouldn’t get shot.
He didn’t.
The kid did.
The kids stable in hospital.
Shot 4 times. Once to the head

So, dad who obviously had prior experience with these individuals actually thought they followed some kind of honor code? Seriously? I’ve literally, and I mean honestly literally, never seen anyone more evil or frightening looking than that third dude-Tayvon Davis. I don’t know how he looks in a mirror without scaring himself to death.
Post automatically merged:

2A02FCAB-3EC9-4E8B-86AB-9E1787A6F942.jpeg
2A02FCAB-3EC9-4E8B-86AB-9E1787A6F942.jpeg

Last edited:
A young Philadelphia boy who survived a shooting back in fall of 2019 has died, according to police

Yaseem Jenkins, 3, died on Tuesday, more than two years after authorities say he was injured by a gunman who had been targeting his father.

Back on Oct. 19, 2019, when Yaseem was just 11-months-old, he was shot four times in the head, chest, and lower body.
Police say the suspect, Francisco Ortiz, had targeted Yaseem’s father who had allegedly used counterfeit money to purchase drugs prior to the shooting.
Yaseem’s father, Nafes Monroe, was also charged in connection with the incident after he was accused of using his young son as a ‘human shield’ during the shooting. Investigators believe Monroe brought his son to avoid being shot at by a potentially upset drug dealer.
Authorities say an autopsy will be conducted following Yaseem’s death in order to determine if his death was related to the injuries he sustained back in 2019.
1650609417882.png
1650609542144.png

Francisco Ortiz (L) was accused of opening fire on Nafes Monroe (R) who allegedly used his own son as a human shied back in the fall of 2019.

Last edited:
Back