• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A fifth grade girl in South Carolina died from injuries she sustained in a fight at her elementary school, according to KTLA sister station WCSC.

The fight broke out Monday in a classroom at Forest Hills Elementary School in Walterboro, schools officials. Administrators ended the fight and called emergency medical services to the campus.

Raniya Wright, 10, was airlifted to MUSC Children’s Hospital in Charleston, which is about 50 miles from the school.

A spokesperson for Colleton County School District confirmed one student has been suspended.

The sheriff’s office said deputies were investigating an assault between two students but did not provide further details.

The school district announced on Wednesday that Wright died from her injuries. The coroner has not yet released the cause and manner of Wright’s death.

A death can be caused by one punch. You how even one punch can cause seizure on the net, just watch Worldstar Hip Hop, or YouTube. Girl fights are encouraged as young males egg them on, take pictures, and even try removing articles of the combatents clothing. It's a fact, look it up.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, but if it was just a punch they would have released details by now. Schools only dont release info if it could affect them. Lawsuites ect. & Kids can't keep their mouths shut, with all the attention, & money being offered for the answer to this story. There's no way if it were worse it wouldn't have been released by now

A South Carolina fifth-grader who was injured when a fight broke out in her classroom died Wednesday, school officials said.
The student, Raniya Wright, died two days after the fight at Forest Hills Elementary School in Walterboro, Colleton County School District officials said.
The fight was between two fifth-grade students, the sheriff's office said. No arrests have been made.
Paramedics had found Raniya unconscious Monday in the school nurse's station, CNN affiliate WCIV reported, citing a sheriff's office incident report.
The student was airlifted to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston after the fight, the district said in an earlier statement.
An autopsy is scheduled for Friday, the sheriff's office said.
A student has been suspended until an investigation into the incident is completed, school officials said. It's unclear whether that student was involved in the fight.
School officials have not released more details about the altercation.
"Raniya was a wonderful student. She loved to write, spend time with her friends, play basketball and loved being a big sister. She was actively involved in her church as a junior usher," the district said in a statement. "She will be missed greatly by her family, friends, and the entire school community."
"Our entire school district is saddened by this event," the district said. "It is very difficult to experience the death of a young person."
Walterboro is a town of about 5,100 residents about an hour's drive west of Charleston.

The mom of a South Carolina fifth-grader says bullying is to blame for a violent classroom fight that led to the girl’s death, according to reports.

While administrators remain tight-lipped about the incident, RaNiya Wright’s mother stated what she believes contributed to the brawl between the 10-year-old and another student Monday at Forest Hills Elementary School in Waterboro, according to the Charleston Post and Courier.

From the intensive care unit, the girl’s mother, Ashley Wright, posted a photo Tuesday of her daughter unconscious with the message, “This is what bullying caused.”

The following day, the 10-year-old succumbed to her injuries from the classroom fight.

Both school and law enforcement officials have declined to release the fight’s motive, citing the ongoing investigation, according to the newspaper.

However, parents and teachers in the Colleton County School District claim bullying was a factor in the shocking incident.

“People on social media are just saying the little girl had been bullied, the mom had been to the school and nothing had been done,” parent Paige Garris told The State.

@G1rlVeteran
1. Welcome to the forum
2. Duplicate. reported. (We've all done it!)
3.. Read the posting rules before creating a new thread. I think you broke them all.
I definitely didn't understand the rules for posting a new thread because I thought I was following them. Special thanks to the people who chose the "haha" reaction option as opposed to something more helpful. What is the best way to get some extra assistance in the future so I don't break the posting rules.

Last edited:
@G1rlVeteran
1. Welcome to the forum
2. Duplicate. reported. (We've all done it!)
3.. Read the posting rules before creating a new thread. I think you broke them all.
Hence the reason I’ve never posted an article-I figure pretty much everyone is better at technology than me so if they mess up, I don’t have a chance. That and I’m a sloth.

I definitely didn't understand the rules for posting a new thread because I thought I was following them. Special thanks to the people who chose the "haha" reaction option as opposed to something more helpful. What is the best way to get some extra assistance in the future so I don't break the posting rules.
Just don't post.:rolleyes:

j/k you're cool with me. Any fellow veteran is fine. I'm not like Jack.

We have all screwed up posting. It's no big deal.
And thank you for your service.

A girl who died in a South Carolina classroom last month passed away from natural causes, not from a fight, investigators have concluded after weeks of tests.

Colleton County officials held a news conference Friday in Walterboro to discuss the death of 10-year-old Raniya Wright.

Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor Duffie Stone, the chief prosecutor for the region, said arteriovenous malformation, or a tangling of blood vessels, was found in the back of Raniya's brain, and that condition caused her death. Stone says a pathologist who examined her found no evidence that any type of fight or trauma contributed to her death.

Colleton County Sheriff Andy Strickland described the fight between Raniya and the other girl as a "slap fight" that only lasted 5 to 10 seconds.

"This does not appear to be a case of bullying," Strickland said. He said there was no document evidence of prior problems.

The sheriff said there was a teacher in the classroom, and that person broke up the fight quickly. There were no complaints of injuries until 10 minutes afterward, when Raniya complained of a headache while she was in a separate room.

"There were no bruises no cuts, no scrapes, no busted lips, no black eyes," Stone said.

No charges will be filed.

Wow, who woulda thunk. I bet the girl who hit/slapped her has been feeling intense guilt ever since. She can now breathe easier knowing she did not cause the death of that poor girl who passed away. Still, I can't help but wonder if the adrenaline the victim experienced increased her blood pressure which caused the problem. Just gotta wonder.

Personally I would be a total prick and just keep on the guilt on the little assailant for the rest of her natural days

Back