• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Magna couple has been charged with felony child abuse after their baby was found to be severely malnourished, weighing only 9 pounds at the age of 10 months.

According to charging documents, police responded in Salt Lake County on October 18, 2017 after a child undergoing a wellness check at Exodus Health Care Clinic was taken to Primary Children’s Hospital for malnutrition.

Medical staff at Exodus told police the baby had come in for a visit in August at age 8 months and was found to weigh just 15 pounds. When the baby returned in October, she weighed only 9 pounds, and at that time she was taken to Primary Children’s Hospital for treatment.

Police examined medical records indicating the baby was admitted to Primary Children’s Hospital, “as severely malnourished, failure to thrive, developmental delay, and concern for neglect.”

Loren D. Campbell, 23, and Julia Campbell, 24,—both of Magna—are each charged with one count of child abuse as a second-degree felony, according to indictments filed in court Monday.
http://fox13now.com/2018/01/24/utah...ild-abuse-10-month-old-weighed-just-9-pounds/
1585315158441.png

Last edited:
And they didn't think anyone would notice, I guess. :YOW:
So many similar stories where the parents seem oblivious to the dire condition of the child. Some are bluffing and hoping people buy their story.
But I wonder if some people are so used to seeing the bruised and malnourished child they don't realize how bad they look. Because the child has become an object to them.

My 14 year old was an aberration I think. He was able to converse with adults perfectly at 9 MO...his linguistic skills were amazing.
However he didn't start walking until 11 months or so. Every single child is different.
[doublepost=1517006966,1517006630][/doublepost]All 4 of my brothers and were 7lbs 9 1/4 ounces. Weird huh?

Her fb profile isn't one of those crazy ones I've seen. Kids look healthy so I'm a bit perplexed.
:bored: All I know is when I nursing my son my biggest fear was he wasn't getting enough and now he's 13 yrs old, 5'10" and wears a men's 13 shoe. Apparently I worried too much.
Unless you keep your child locked away all the time, how wouldn't someone notice?
https://www.facebook.com/juliavgulia

Wow a six pound weight loss in a 10 month old in a two month period is so extreme. Where were the grandparents, friends, extended families? What happened between the appointment in August and October that caused the parents to totally ignore and starve this infant. Obviously they were instructed to feed the child more at the August appointment when she was found to weigh only 15 lbs. How can parents disassociate from their children as they listen to them cry every day and watch them waste away and become listless and weak. So glad this baby was found in time to save her.

I am willing to bet both parents were on drugs. Sad, but that would explain the neglect and the fact they didn't notice the baby's weight loss.

Back