• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Interesting report. it doesn't sound like she talked about her baby much to police. Failure to protect the poor baby started with his own drunken family.

While there was no misconduct by Moore and Huxley, they failed to deal with Ms Mullaley as the victim of an assault. She was unco-operative and aggressive which contributed to the failure. They failed to establish who assaulted her. Their failures later impacted on the actions of police who attended subsequently. Those officers did not have an opportunity to hear witness accounts or attempt to or speak to Ms Mullaley and instead dealt with the Mullaleys only in terms of their behaviour towards police.

Agreed with all. I know that I've heard a lot about the various ways that the aboriginal peoples in NZ & Australia are variously mistreated, inadequately respected, &/ignored as they suffer miscellaneous social woes. While I can't offer any insightful input due to admitted ignorance of the entire history and facts, it reminds me a lot of the vast issues we have here in the US when we look at social issues and decide that race is the final category to link all data. Instead of attempting to simply leave it at the level of individual responsibility, we like to try to assign significance to broader traits, then go further to see if it's prior acknowledgement of those traits that really caused the crime, but then assign the final blame on the people who were told that certain traits cause crime, and they then decided those with those traits would be nearly always guilty, so the people with the traits had no choice.

Regardless, little Charlie was not truly given justice. I don't know if the horrific facts in the actual crime to Charlie could ever be adequately served justice.

Back