• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Hmm dont know if i can come up wit ha full 10. I got a top 8, in no order after the first although the Conan and Wedge albums werent on the same level as the rest...

1. Church of the Cosmic Skull - Science Fiction

2. Sleep - The Sciences

3. Kosmodrom - Gravitationsnarkose

4. Electric Zoo - Me and My Machine Against the World

5. Those Poor Bastards - Inhuman Nature

6. Conan - Existential Void Guardian

7. Ruff Majik - Seasons

8. Wedge - Killing Tongue

Church of the Cosmic Skull had the best album of 2016 as well with "Is Satan Real". Brilliant fucking work. I wasnt surprised at all their followup ruled(got all 7 bandmembers autographs actually, as they sign every vinyl they sell on their site). By far the most unique, interesting, fresh, and definitely catchiest music/band in existence today. Fucking love em. Those Poor Bastards always deliver as well, and ive been hooked by Ruff Majik for years now, with much of Seasons having been released earlier as EPs, so that too was an expected gem. What DID surprise me was Sleep. Im by no means a big Sleep fan, i def appreciate a lot of their work but only love a small handpicking of their stuff, but this album blew me away. Id go as far as to say it in my book is their all time best record, tremendous.

And im convinced Kosmodroms stupidly named bunch of Kraut bullshit is the best instrumental album of the decade and in the running for best instrumental rock(of any kind) album ever. That shit is fantastic. Honestly hate myself for digging it so damn much, given it was created by dirty krauts.

Last edited:
What DID surprise me was Sleep. Im by no means a big Sleep fan, i def appreciate a lot of their work but only love a small handpicking of their stuff, but this album blew me away.

Agreed. Sleep is always in my playlist, and I have enjoyed all of their albums to some extent, but I never thought I would have one in a top 10 list. I mean, it was a shitty year so they didn't have a lot of competition, but even had there been I still think it would have made the list.

I don’t have ten, but I did enjoy Bad Witch from Nine Inch Nails. A bit short, but it has a solid sonic cohesiveness to it.

Not 110% relevant @Morbid ...but I went to a Gojira concert like two years ago, first time I’ve been to anything ‘heavy’, and I had the weirdest acid + ecstasy trip imaginable. “Flying Whales” was a fucked up experience. So I’m also looking forward to their next album.

For you, my friend. And Jesus, for listening to the same, main genre of music -- I can honestly say I have only heard of two, maybe three, of the bands you have in your list. Can't wait to get our music stream going... should be entertaining.
Six of them were new to me too, so two or three is not bad at all :p

Back