• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The Supreme Court of Georgia has unanimously upheld the murder and child abuse convictions of a Fulton County man for abusing, and eventually killing, his girlfriend’s 9-month-old baby girl, Masiah Copeland. The man’s mother and girlfriend were also convicted of child abuse for failing to get medical help for the baby, who by the time she died had old and new injuries, including fractures in each of her arms and legs, blunt force trauma to her head, which caused her brain and eye to bleed, and a laceration to her lip and gum, consistent with someone striking the baby in the face or her face striking an object.

According to the facts of the case, Masiah’s mother, Cella Copeland, moved in with Otis Lee Bennett & his Mama when she was three months pregnant with Masiah. Although she later moved out of the Bennett home, she returned when Masiah was 6 months old, then again left and returned when the baby was 8 months old.

Bennett would become irritated when the baby didn’t sleep at night and stayed awake playing. One night when Masiah remained awake, he said, “She’s defective. We should put her in a bag with some rocks and just throw her in the river.” Copeland said that about a month before Masiah’s death, Bennett had roughly laid the baby on her back, held her arms down with his leg and turned her head to administer medicine for the baby’s ear infection. The day before the baby’s death, Copeland asked Bennett why Masiah’s arm was swollen, and he replied, “It’s probably just sprung.” Copeland began to notice that the baby screamed whenever Bennett got near her. Copeland was going to call 911 because of the baby’s arm, but Bennett’s mother and brother told her not to. They said if she called 911, the police would come, lock them all up, and take the children. Instead, Hetty Bennett gave the baby some Children’s Tylenol and put something on her arm to ease the pain.

The next day, Bennett took Masiah to feed her so Copeland, who was not feeling well, could rest. He then put the child down for a nap while Copeland went into another room to sleep. At some point, after Hetty Bennett came home, and Copeland got up from her nap, someone discovered Masiah was not breathing and called 911. When emergency personnel arrived at the home, the infant was limp, had no pulse and her right eye was bloodshot. Bennett told a paramedic that 30 minutes earlier, the baby had been fine. Both Copeland and Bennett told a detective she had an “asthma condition.” Emergency personnel tried to resuscitate Masiah, but they were unsuccessful, and they transported her to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. When Copeland asked Bennett if he was coming to the hospital, he said he was going to first smoke marijuana.

A medical examiner testified that the autopsy revealed Masiah had two broken legs, two broken arms, a number of contusions over her eyebrows and behind her right ear, a number of hemorrhages in her scalp, a subdural hemorrhage in her brain, a hemorrhage in her right eye, and contusions to her lower back, the right side of her chest, and on the bridge of her nose. The fractures to her right arm had occurred within the week of her death, while the fracture to her left arm was one to three weeks old. The fractures to her legs were in the healing stage and had also likely occurred many days before her death. The medical examiner concluded that the cause of Masiah’s death was blunt force injuries to her head and extremities, with the bleeding in her brain causing her organs to shut down and stop her breathing.

In his appeal before the Georgia Supreme Court, Bennett argued that the evidence was insufficient to convict him because it did not exclude the reasonable hypothesis that Copeland had committed the crimes. He claimed that Copeland never cared for the baby and had been abusing and neglecting Masiah long before she moved in with him and his mother. Furthermore, all the evidence against him came from Copeland, he argued.

I wonder how crimes of this kind are officially dealt with in large nations that espouse a Christian set of values and morals to see how their justice is dispenced? I can only think of Russia now that the Holy Orthodox Church has had a chance, once again to establish ancient Christian values. I would hope criminals such as these are forced to walk naked through the infamous barren Siberian wilderness without a volchatka.

Mom almost.. but no where near a valid attempt at doing the right thing..
Post automatically merged:

Daily meth & marijuana user apparently.. shit never made me violent or abusive.. tweak my ass off.. paranoid.. low lows.. no violence

Bennett was found guilty on all 22 counts against him, including murder, aggravated assault, and cruelty to children in the first degree. He was sentenced to life plus 20 years in prison. Hetty Bennett was acquitted of felon murder, but found guilty on multiple counts of child cruelty involving her failure to seek medical attention for Masiah. In a plea bargain, Copeland pleaded guilty to two counts of cruelty to children, also based on her failure to get her baby help.)

Last edited:
I wonder how crimes of this kind are officially dealt with in large nations that espouse a Christian set of values and morals to see how their justice is dispenced? I can only think of Russia now that the Holy Orthodox Church has had a chance, once again to establish ancient Christian values. I would hope criminals such as these are forced to walk naked through the infamous barren Siberian wilderness without a volchatka.
90lko
Studies show atheists have higher values, morals and ethics than christians - of course all other religions.

90lko

Studies show atheists have higher values, morals and ethics than christians - of course all other religions.
Could you produce a credible study? Because all laws and ethics are basically built on following the 10 commandments and JudeoChristian ethics in Europe and America, that is. I was speaking of Russian criminal punishment in light of the last 35 years of Christian influence via the Orthodox Church.

Thank god this little angel’s at peace now
What an actual hell this child faced in her single 8-9 months of life. God is a bitch of a character to be mentioning. Society has to step up and make the punishment for such a crime it makes people think twice before getting an erection. There is no one to thank for anything in this story, but there are plenty to damn.

Why do we house people like this. Prison is to good. These are the people that need to be dropped off in the middle of the amazon and tied to a tree. Disgusting humans like this have no place sharing a species title with us.

I wouldn't mind seeing this piece of excrement placed in an Iron Maiden. Throw his mama in the joint for life, not because she was a willing participant in the gruesomely horrendous short life of a sweet little baby, but because she birthed and bred a monster. In regards to the former just put her in the Iron Maiden with her spawn. The mother needs some time in the nut house obviously. Once she's cured, if possible, life until death in prison.

90lko

Sure Mac, and alcoholics drink less than tea totalers according to a study by the beverage industry magazine,Binge Daily.

Last edited:
The only NON-defective person it that fuckhold of a household was this little baby. Sadly no one around her gave 2 shits about what happened to her. The only thing that surprises me is that she actually made it to a whole friggin 9 months old. She was tough, I'll give her that. RIP sweet angel, they can't hurt you no more.

Please, the biggest mass murderer was an atheist, Mao Zedong, followed closely by another atheist, Joseph Stalin. When it comes to religion, most people who have one didn't consciously choose their belief, its normally thrust upon them by their family, they don't have a close connection, its just something they are expected to be.

Atheist normally choose to be atheist, so of course they buy more into the moralistic ideals of their "enlightenment". This is the same way a new convert to Christianity would adhere to the tenets of "love and forgiveness" than a person who was born into it.

I'm not defending Christians, I'm not one, but I do know behavior differences between a person born into a belief system and one who makes a conscious choice to be in one.

Last edited:
Please, the biggest mass murderer was an atheist, Mao Zedong, followed closely by another atheist, Joseph Stalin. When it comes to religion, most people who have one didn't consciously choose their belief, its normally thrust upon them by their family, they don't have a close connection, its just something they are expected to be.

Atheist normally choose to be atheist, so of course they buy more into the moralistic ideals of their "enlightenment". This is the same way a new convert to Christianity would adhere to the tenets of "love and forgiveness" than a person who was born into it.

I'm not defending Christians, I'm not one, but I do know behavior differences between a person born into a belief system and one who makes a conscious choice to be in one.
Good points and I think most of that is very true on an individual level. But when I look at the sheer volume of people massacred in the name of religion, it dwarfs the number of people massacred in the name of atheism, that's for damn sure. Granted, there are many other factors at play (poverty, lack of education, and shitty leaders that take advantage of people's belief systems in order to gain power, to name a few) but religion is the big one.

Back