• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
I could have sworn this was posted I used Coachella in the search and came up with nothing. Please report if needed.

Authorities on Monday confirmed the arrest of a 54-year-old woman accused of dumping seven newborn puppies into a Coachella dumpster.

The suspect was identified as Deborah Sue Culwell. She was arrested Monday by Riverside County Animal Services Commander Chris Mayer at her Coachella home.

Culwell is facing up to seven counts of felony animal cruelty, officials said. Her home contained roughly 30 dogs that needed to be impounded to make sure they were properly fed and cared for at a shelter in Thousand Palms, according to John Welsh of Riverside County Department of Animal Services.

The woman was seen stepping out of a white Jeep, peering into a dumpster used for recyclables, then dropping the bag filled with the puppies into a pile of trash behind Napa Auto Parts in Coachella Thursday before driving away.

A man who rummaged through the dumpster shortly afterward spotted the bag and took it to the store, an act officials say saved the puppies lives.

The man left the bag outside the auto parts store where somebody could find the puppies -- and a customer did.

"I noticed the bag on the floor, and they were tied up in the bag, so I immediately opened the bag a little further and I proceeded to call animal services to see what I could do with them because I couldn't leave them there," said the customer, who didn't want to be identified.

Authorities said the puppies, believed to be 3-day-old terrier mixes, may not have survived the 90-degree heat had they not been found within an hour of being dumped.

The puppies are now being cared for at a rescue organization.

If you want them dead, and it appears you do, then have the fucking guts to dispatch them swiftly instead of this cowardly shit here. There are plenty of ways to do it without the suffering. Of course, if you had been responsible in the first place you wouldn't need to get rid of them.

Hahaha...busted, skank!
Post automatically merged:

If you want them dead, and it appears you do, then have the fucking guts to dispatch them swiftly instead of this cowardly shit here. There are plenty of ways to do it without the suffering. Of course, if you had been responsible in the first place you wouldn't need to get rid of them.

I could not agree with you more.

COACHELLA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Coachella woman accused of tossing seven puppies into a dumpster pleaded not guilty to multiple felony counts of animal cruelty.

Deborah Sue Culwell, 54, appeared in an Indio courtroom on Tuesday. Police say she left the 3-day-old puppies, believed to be terrier mixes, in a trash bin on April 18.
[....]
Culwell is due back in court on June 27 for a felony settlement conference.

Onlookers in court gasped audibly when the attorney for a woman accused of dumping a bag full of puppies told the court “puppies aren’t people.”

Deborah Sue Culwell, 54, faces seven counts of felony animal cruelty and seven counts of misdemeanor animal abandonment. In April, she was caught on camera dumping the puppies in a dumpster behind an auto parts store.

One of the seven puppies ended up dying.

Culwell was arrested a week later. After the arrest, 38 dogs were found living in squalor at her home. She later surrendered ownership rights to the animals.

In court this week, her bail was raised from $10,000 to $50,000.

But onlookers said they couldn’t believe her attorney, Joe Cavanaugh, told the court “puppies aren’t people.”

Cavanaugh said the comment was being taken the wrong way.

“I understand, I mean, the statement was taken out of context,” Cavanaugh told KESQ. “On the surface, yes, it’s a callous statement and it’s not to say I don’t care for animals. I’m actually a dog lover myself. The issue was just trying to make the distinction between how the law looks at an animal versus the law looking at a person.”

Oh ffs, if your client has no defense just go with the "found herself in a bad situation and made a bad decision" tactic. The Judge already knows the law and instructs the jury, so no need for you to try to "school" anyone on the nuances of the law.

PALM SPRINGS, Calif. – Deborah Sue Culwell, the Southern California woman who was recorded tossing seven 3-day-old puppies into a recycling bin behind an auto parts business in April, pleaded guilty in court Wednesday afternoon to all counts related to the case.

She was sentenced to 365 days in county jail, although 90 of those days will be under a work release. Afterward, she will be on probation for seven years and prohibited from possessing animals.

Riverside County Superior Court Judge Harold Hopp, who earlier had increased her bail from $10,000 to $50,000 before reducing it to $40,000 over a period of weeks, agreed to terms of the plea. She changed her pleas to not guilty on seven felony animal-cruelty counts and seven misdemeanor animal-abandonment charges.

(Hates off to Mr. B. for the tip - he's starting to get the hang of what we do here)

Pictures of the puppies here :)

Last edited:
Back