• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man accused of killing his 2-month-old son earlier this month has been arrested and arraigned in Jackson District Court.

Michael Glaspie, 28, of Jackson, was arraigned on one count of felony murder and one felony count of first-degree child abuse in Judge Darryl Mazur’s courtroom Friday, June 28.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office began investigating the child’s death on June 8, the day he died, Undersheriff Christopher Kuhl said.

The infant had 17 to 20 old and new rib fractures, a possible left arm fracture, a spinal compression fracture, a skull fracture and more injuries, Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Kati Rezmierski said.

“It is, quite frankly, horrific,” Rezmierski said. “This infant was severely abused.”

Glaspie’s bond was denied by Mazur.

I wonder what his fiancee is feeling
Post automatically merged:

Up! Never mind. She's defending her baby beating dick :rolleyes:
What? You don't believe her when she says that MYKEY is the "DEFINITION of an outstanding FATHER!"?

Brianna Worthey
14 hrs ·

I have been silent but I am speaking up!
Believe NONE of what you hear from other’s mouth and see on Mlive.
Everyone knows the character of Michael Glaspie as well as myself. He would never do anything to his children. He is the DEFINITION of an outstanding FATHER! The accusations from people about our character makes me sick. Because you guys know what type of people we are and what we STAND for.
Tristan has been seen by doctor’s every week since he has been out of the hospital and there were NO abnormal findings on him.
So how is it that there were no fractures on the CT Scan on Tristan when he was at Henry Ford but when he got to UofM he had fractures all of a sudden. What happened in the mist of transferring him? My point exactly.
The DEVIL is trying his best to DESTROY but he doesn’t know GOD has the final say!
Matthew 18:20 says “For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them.”
So JACKSON please gather around us and help us get MYKEY home and get justice for Tristan!
THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS AND MICHAEL NEEDS AN ARMY

Devoted, kind, loving. Those are just some of the words used to describe the man accused of abusing and killing his two-month-old son in June.

News 10 obtained court documents that show how severe the alleged abuse was. Family and friends say there’s more to the story and the charges against Michael Glaspie don’t add up.

“It blew me away there’s no way,” Jason Stoddard, a close friend of Glaspie said.
Stoddard says never in a million years did he think his friend would be accused of murdering his own son.

Glaspie has two older sons that Stoddard says he adores and they adore him.

“He’s one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. He does like all of the YMCA stuff. You know, baseball, football, coaching with his kids. Everything he posts on Facebook is about his kids,” Stoddard said.

“The images all over Facebook. Especially with such a short brief description, basically make Mike Glaspie look like a monster and he’s not,” Stoddard said. “There’s a lot of information that has been left out of every news article that I’ve read.”
According to court documents we have, prosecutors describe the alleged abuse to the two-month-old as violent and tragic.

Police say Glaspie was taking care of the child for two and a half hours before the injury occurred. The baby had more than 2 injuries both old and new from blunt force trauma to the hard, rib fractures, a spinal compression fracture to name a few. He died a couple of days later. Prosecutors say the child was severely abused and the injuries were horrific.

Family and friends disagree and say there’s more to the story. The child was born prematurely, had medical concerns from birth and frequent visits to the doctor.

“Mike’s wrongfully accused. He should very much be at home mourning the loss of his kid and he’s not. He’s sitting in jail.”

Stoddard says Glaspie was excited to have another son and even threw a surprise baby shower where he proposed to the child’s mother.

“I think anybody can be a father but it takes somebody special to be a dad.”

Oct 24, 2019
Devoted, kind, loving. Those are just some of the words used to describe the man accused of abusing and killing his two-month-old son in June.

“It blew me away there’s no way,” Jason Stoddard, a close friend of Glaspie said.

Stoddard says never in a million years did he think his friend would be accused of murdering his own son.

Glaspie has two older sons that Stoddard says he adores and they adore him.

“He’s one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. He does like all of the YMCA stuff. You know, baseball, football, coaching with his kids. Everything he posts on Facebook is about his kids,” Stoddard said.

Stoddard said hadn’t heard from his friend in a while. Michael just got engaged and had a baby.
But scrolling Facebook one day, Jason saw a shocking post-an article revealing charges of murder and child abuse.

“The images all over Facebook. Especially with such a short brief description, basically make Mike Glaspie look like a monster and he’s not,” Stoddard said. “There’s a lot of information that has been left out of every news article that I’ve read.”

Family and friends disagree and say there’s more to the story. The child was born prematurely, had medical concerns from birth and frequent visits to the doctor.

“Mike’s wrongfully accused. He should very much be at home mourning the loss of his kid and he’s not. He’s sitting in jail,” someone who knew Glaspie said.

Stoddard says Glaspie was excited to have another son and even threw a surprise baby shower where he proposed to the child’s mother.

“I think anybody can be a father, but it takes somebody special to be a dad.”

Several family members wanted to speak out but were advised not to by their lawyer. Instead, they chose to send letters of character to the Judge, hoping they’ll be considered.

That baby had 12 sets of ribs.. Yet 17 to 20 fractures.. That alone means he should have every one of his (the dad) 24 ribs individually broken into 1/4 th's.. 96 pieces .. jagged and puncturing.. Oh let's just demonstrate the babies injuries on dad.. I want to practice the art of reconstructive demonstration..

Back