• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man is charged with abusing his 2-month-old son, causing skull and rib fractures.

The child’s mother is also facing other charges after text messages showed she knew about the alleged abuse, police say.

On Sept. 3, Scott Township Police responded to a home with a medical rescue team after a 911 call was made for a 2-month-old boy that fell in the house.

Police say the baby’s father was the only adult home at the time. He was with the infant and the baby’s 17-month-old brother.

The infant’s father, 34-year-old Michael Koban, is charged with aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

Police say Koban contacted his wife, Ashley Koban, at work and sent her a picture in a text message of the baby with a head injury.

They say Ashley Koban then called 911 and came home from work.

When the father was interview by the police, he told them he went into the kitchen to make the baby a bottle when he heard the infant and toddler crying.

Michael Koban told police when he returned, the baby was on the floor with a bump on his head, and he believed the toddler may have accidentally pulled the baby out of the infant swing.

According to Children’s Hospital Child Advocacy Center, the baby had a partial skull fracture, an intracranial hemorrhage, and multiple fractured ribs in different stages of healing — ranging from two weeks to five weeks.

The mother is charged with endangering the welfare of children and obstruction in child abuse cases after police searched her cell phones and found several text messages from Ashley Koban to who police say is her sister.

One said:
“Mike is tough, but never thought rough enough to break bones.”

Another said:

“I have to work and have no one to watch them. I’m sick the whole time I’m gone. The fact that I can’t trust my husband/their father with them is sickening.”

Police found searches about shaken baby syndrome and fractured ribs on Michael Koban’s internet history.

It is unclear who is taking care of the couple’s four children.
1570291188135.png

Not sticking up for mum but she did go out to work (why couldn’t his lazy ass?)
Childcare for that many children must be extortionate and all her thinking time would have been overrun with worry and stress.
Yes she should have left, but where and what to?
Not justifying this at all since she knew, but who’s to say she actually had a way out of the relationship with the kids???
Think there’s more to her story.
Also think we should lay off her and lay into the one that did this.
(She has her own guilt to live with and in this it seems she was worried sick but couldn’t find a way forward)
I think she needed help, gave a cry for help and no one answered.
Why didn’t sister help more? If not personally then with a phone call or too to outside agencies that may have helped?
I think this prick is the one who needs all the backlash from this and sister needs to explain herself....

This bitch needs to be in jail right along side him. WTF!! She effing KNEW he was an abusive prick, yet she still popped them babies out like a friggin Pez candy dispenser, KNOWING she'd have to leave them with this asshole...and don't even get me started on his lazy baby beating ass. Big sissy coward pussy. Ugh. Absolute definition of a worthless sack of shit.

This bitch needs to be in jail right along side him. WTF!! She effing KNEW he was an abusive prick, yet she still popped them babies out like a friggin Pez candy dispenser, KNOWING she'd have to leave them with this asshole...and don't even get me started on his lazy baby beating ass. Big sissy coward pussy. Ugh. Absolute definition of a worthless sack of shit.
For the safety of all children, let’s agree to quality subsidized day care so Moms like this can work without worrying.

Also so she can afford to kick his lazy ass out.

Many, many larger cities do have facilities at no cost to leave your children at for things like this when you have no where to turn. Smaller towns, your kinda on your own ..... she coulda grab her kids & ran fast - so what if she had to leave it all behind ???? It was just shit anyways ..... i do somewhat agree w/ Forcuksake We really do not know the situation but she made the choice to stay , breed again & again w/ the guy. Stayed and got deeper and deeper, into the shitpile and before ya know it -she became part of the shitpile

From the link:
"Koban was a telecommunicator with the county and he is currently suspended without pay"

from the news broadcast I saw yesterday:
Dude was/is a 911 operator...
OMG >EyEgOrE HE actually is / was >>> Had to look it up and i am fricken, really- deeply royally pissed off at the moment Which i was fricken, really, deeply, royally pissed when i read the story the first time... That some > Bad, Bad seed

WHo he gonna call, when he needs help

It is always doubly offensive to me, and Hell-damning for the perpetrator, I hope, when they attempt to blame someone else or a child for their own violent actions.
Mean people usually take credit, and are easily spotted, but mean cowards slither about and don't care who is damaged, as long as it's not them.

@Forfcuksake I don't know if it was a auto-correct for "exorbitant" or if you did mean "extortionate", but I absolutely loved it!

Last edited:
Back