• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Local 4 News is investigating a case of child abuse, in which police say a suffocated girl was brought back to life by her abuser.

It starts with the attempted murder of a little girl in Galesburg that went unreported for at least two years.

Now, police are pressing charges against 30-year-old Joshua Hasselbacher — the man they say is responsible.

The Knox County Sheriff’s Department served him an arrest warrant last week for attempted murder. Hasselbacher is already serving time in Stateville Correctional Center for another crime.

A 26-page arrest report from the sheriff’s department details a disturbing case of abuse.

Police records don’t give an exact date for the incident. Interviewees said it either happened in 2015, 2016 or possibly 2017. It happened at the Country Elms Estates, where Joshua Hasselbacher lived with his then-girlfriend, her two sons and daughter.

At least eight people told authorities one day Hasselbacher killed his girlfriends daughter and “brought her back to life.”

The girl’s brothers told police it started when their sister, who is now six, wouldn’t stop crying.

Hasselbacher ran her into the kitchen, put her head in the freezer, closed the door and held her there for an hour.

The girl “cried the whole time,” according to reports.

When Hasselbacher pulled her out, one of the brothers said his sister’s face was purple.

Then Hasselbacher took her to his bed where he suffocated her with a pillow.

A friend of Hasselbacher told police Hasselbacher later confided in him saying, “I beat the s*** out of her, put a pillow over her face and smothered her, then did CPR and brought her back.”

Police interviews revealed that Hasselbacher also called his father, James Hasselbacher, during the incident and told him the girl had “lost her breath” and he revived her.

Hasselbacher told the girl’s mom she passed out and was probably bit by a spider or had low iron.

But the mom noticed the girl had black eyes, “but didn’t think much more of the incident at that time.”

When she found out the truth later she didn’t call police because “she didn’t want to believe it,” but she did tell her mom.

Then in fall 2016, police records say the girl’s mom told Hasselbacher’s parents what happened.

Hasselbacher also told a friend after suffocating the girl “she looked at him and told him that ‘It’s OK!’ which broke his heart.'”

Continue reading at link

I would read article at link - it is surprising the baby survived
1565071163868.png

Last edited:
"Hasselbacher told the girl’s mom she passed out and was probably bit by a spider or had low iron."

Well, that explains everything, now, doesn't it? I'm shocked and dismayed that the mother would believe such a bunch of bullshit. Or that she noticed the black eyes, but "thought nothing of it." I hope this child is removed and taken far, far away from both of these worthless idiots.

Interviewees said it either happened in 2015, 2016 or possibly 2017.
What the actual fuck! None of these fucktards can't narrow the attempted murder of a child to a single fucking year?

How often does fucked up shit happen in that household when something so horrible is done to a 3 or 4 year old girl that the day isn't seared into their brains?

I want to beat all these adults with a fucking bat.

Im usually an advocate for rope, just hang the fuckers! However this pile of scum should be skinned alive Then rolled in salt. All the adults should be punished. Those poor kids, I can't imagine what they must of felt.

"Hasselbachercher told the girl’s mom she passed out and was probably bit by a spider or had low iron."

Dick: oh hey, your kid died and I brought her back, maybe it was aids or bee sting or something.

Mom: looks at kids black eyes and hits the hay.

View attachment 21397
This is what the devil looks like
Ugh. I have been so sick from some type of cootie I got in Mexico last week. It's so bad I've had to have hospital care because I have not been able to keep anything inside me long enough. I'm basically suffering dehydration & starvation, & pretty sure that if I slack off, my body will begin ejecting organs & bones till I'm an empty flesh sack.

I am saying all this to say my sickness doesn't even compare to the literal nausea I got after reading & then scrolling to that pic.

This photo would likely occur if we could capture freeze frames of memory from that little girl.

The angle, vision field, and I think the same expression.

Dec 5, 2019
In a pretrial hearing a Galesburg man pleaded guilty to attempted first degree murder in a case where the victim was a toddler.

Joshua K.D. Hasselbacher, 31, was sentenced to 12 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections for the crime, with three years of parole after release.

According to the allegations against him, Hasselbacher placed a pillow over the face of a toddler, causing the toddler “to stop breathing and turn purple” between Jan. 1, 2014, and July 1, 2017.

The case emerged in August following a Department of Children and Family Services tip to the Knox County Sheriff’s Department. Hasselbacher was already incarcerated in Stateville Correctional Center when he was served his arrest warrant in August.

The Galesburg man had already been incarcerated after a parole violation sentence in June. Before that, he had received a three-year prison term in 2017 for two Knox County cases for aggravated battery to a police officer.

According to the initial allegations, Hasselbacher had suffocated the toddler with a pillow and then resuscitated the child by putting their head in a freezer to make them start breathing again.

Last edited:
In re-reading the initial post I can't believe that mom did not know that this man at the very least hated this child.

On a purely thinking level I understand how woman can allow and over look the mistreatment of their children by their paramours.

But on a gut level I question how these women can live with themselves and go on to repeat the same cycle with man after man.

I wish there was a positive update on the girl so that I would know she is loved and safe.

Back