• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
The mother of this child is also the killers sister. She was also abandoned by the same mother.
Unless he felt resentment that this child had a loving mother regardless that the mother was his sister that was also abandoned.

From Sugar Cookie's May 30th post:
“Alex’s mother walked out on him and his siblings at a young age and he never got over that,” Bill Whipple, Alex’s grandfather said. “I think he wanted to hurt the family — he wanted to lash out and this was perhaps his whole motive.”

I was referring to this and that after his older sister left for her own adult life, it may have only reinforced any abandonment issues, as older sister's often replace a mother in a much younger sibling's mind - sometimes even when the mother is still present in their lives. ;)

"A Utah man who pleaded guilty to killing and sexually assaulting his 5-year-old niece was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole Tuesday during an emotional hearing where the girl's relatives called him a "monster" who savagely took the life of an innocent child.

Judge Kevin K. Allen scolded Alex Whipple for the "incomprehensible" terror he inflicted on Elizabeth "Lizzy" Shelley, her family and the community."

L I N K !!

1569369374031.png

Lizzy’s mother, Jessica Whipple did not attend her brother’s sentencing. She held a press conference immediately afterwards, thanking the community for their support during the past several months.

“For our family, our lives will never be the same,” said Whipple. “We will never forget our sweet girl and the happiness and the sunshine she brought us. Staying in the present and remembering Lizzy’s love is what I’m trying hard to do each day. Every day is a process of surviving and not getting over-whelmed by my memories.”

Jessica Whipple and her fiancé Detrich Black, released more than a dozen butterflies into the air, surrounded by family and law enforcement members.

Back