• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.thehour.com/local/article/To-Catch-a-Predator-host-charged-with-13535767.php
920x920.jpg

STAMFORD — Shippan resident and “To Catch a Predator” host Chris Hansen has been accused of bouncing checks and failing to pay for $13,000 worth of marketing materials he received from a local vendor.

Hansen, 59, was charged Monday with issuing a bad check and released after signing a written promise to appear in court. Hansen did not immediately return a call Tuesday for comment.

According to a four-page arrest affidavit, Hansen asked Peter Psichopaidas, owner of Promotional Sales Limited of Summer Street, for 355 ceramic mugs, 288 T-shirts and 650 vinyl decals. Hansen planned to use them at marketing events, the affidavit said.

The total amount due was $12,998.05, and Psichopaidas said Hansen agreed to pay the entire bill before delivery, police said.

Three months after receiving invoices for the goods in September 2017, a person working for Hansen sent a Hansen News LLC check for the entire amount, police said.

But police said the check bounced and Psichopaidas spoke to Hansen, who apologized and attempted to make a partial payment. Psichopaidas filed a complaint with police last April when he was still not paid.

Investigator Sean Coughlin called Hansen, who agreed to make a statement at the Stamford police station, but never showed up, the affidavit said.

Psichopaidas said a few days later, he refused Hansen’s offer to make four partial payments.

Hansen then promised his wife would drop off a check, but she never showed up, the affidavit said.

Coughlin warned Hansen that he had been given ample time to pay the invoice, and if he failed to do so, he would be arrested for larceny.
[....]
On April 27, 2018, Psichopaidas said he received a personal check from Hansen for $13,200, which bounced three days later, the affidavit said.

Hansen emailed Psichopaidas the day the check bounced.

“Peter ... I truly thought I had this covered,” Hansen wrote, according to the affidavit. “I am scrambling to get it done. Please give me till the end of the day. I sold a boat to cover the rest of this and need to pick up the payment this afternoon.”

But another check never came and an arrest warrant was issued for Hansen, who turned himself over to police on Monday and was released without bond.

“To Catch a Predator” was a news show through the lens of a hidden camera that documented encounters with men who had been lured by decoys after they made online contact with people they believed to be underage children. The men were confronted, questioned by Hansen and arrested by local police.

The show was canceled in 2008, but episodes continued to air on MSNBC.

Attachments

• Chris_Hansen.jpg
    Chris_Hansen.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,553
I can just see the next time Chris walks out of a room and says "How are you doing? Why don't you have a seat right over there?" The perp will come back to him and say "I'm here to get payment for a bad check that I received."

Man, they butchered the aspect ratio on that image. Fucking idiots...

ETA:

full

ETA: Welcome to the Front Page, Mr. Hansen

Last edited:
Court records obtained by DailyMail.com reveal that Chris Hansen has been in financial trouble for some time.

The host of Crime Watch Daily owes $57,931.72 to American Express, $126,356.35 to TD Bank, over $15,000 to Ally Financial and $1,078,164.73 to US Bank Trust according to complaints filed in Connecticut courts over the past three years.

On top of all this, Hansen owes over $250,000 in back taxes and was recently arrested for allegedly writing $13,000 wort of bad checks.

And making matters worse, TMZ is now reporting that Hansen has been evicted from his New York City apartment.

This is all happening as the former Dateline host is in the process of divorcing his wife Mary Jo.

It has been more than a decade since Hansen's show went off the air after a three-year run.

It was cancelled after an assistant district attorney in Texas, committed suicide after exchanging photos with a person he believed to be a 13-year-old boy.

When Conradt did not show up to meet the boy, the camera rew chose to travel to him home

He killed himself as the crew entered the residence.

NBC later settled a lawsuit filed against the network by the attorney's sister.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-000-American-Express-1-million-mortgage.html

Back