• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
bedstuy-school-93.jpg

A 9-year-old girl suffered serious burns after accidentally setting herself on fire with a lighter at her Brooklyn school Wednesday, according to sources.

The girl was playing with a lighter she’d found in the third-floor bathroom at Excellence Girls Charter School in Bedford-Stuyvesant when her school uniform went up in flames around 2:30 p.m., sources said.

School officials called 911 after the victim began screaming, sources said.

She was taken to the burn center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell in Manhattan with second- and third-degree burns to 40% of her upper body.

The girl is currently in stable condition.

No one else was injured.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/17/girl-suffers-serious-burns-after-setting-herself-on-fire-in-brooklyn-school-bathroom/

At 9 I pretty much knew not to play with a lighter....I feel for the girl, but seems weird that basic skills are missing.

Back