• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
During a lengthy speech seeking a probationary sentence, Michaela Sousa singled out the two men who have been fostering her child, placed in their care by Pierce County.

Announcing in court that the men are a gay couple, Sousa said she had been attempting to raise the child through a "life of God" and that the men could not provide the parenting direction she could. Sousa said she feared the child would develop mental disabilities if forced to live without her.

"Incredible, just incredible," Judge James Duvall, responded after Sousa concluded the speech. Duvall said he took great offense at her remarks, especially about the men fostering her daughter. "They are more of a parent than you have demonstrated in your life," the judge told her.

After delivering a lengthy admonition — during which he called Sousa's crime one of the worst child abuse cases he'd seen — Duvall sentenced her to eight years in prison and five years on extended supervision.

He made it a point to call out her comments about the foster parents, saying "I'm absolutely appalled with your attitude toward them" and prohibited Sousa from contacting her daughter or the foster parents. "I want her to grow up not knowing you," Duvall said.

He also pounced on Sousa's repeated claims that the child — discovered to be in severe distress by a nurse who initially noticed the injuries during an appointment for Sousa's care — had made a full recovery. That couldn't be further from the truth, Duvall said.

He said doctors at the trial testified that the girl sustained injuries that will impact her for the rest of her life. Though, Duvall told Sousa, that testimony might have occurred on the day she didn't show up for court. "She has not and she will not" make a full recovery, he said.

The judge picked apart nearly every element of Sousa’s speech, which centered on her attempt to be placed in the Minnesota Adult-Teen Challenge treatment program in lieu of prison; Sousa described how she had already been accepted into the faith-based program, saying leaders there were ready to accept her "with open arms."

"Make the call to send me to further testing and save my life and my daughter's future," she told Duvall. "I'm begging you to please not give up on me."
https://www.hudsonstarobserver.com/...convicted-child-abuser-hands-down-prison-time
1544837116787.png

Last edited:
I fucking hate neglectful and abusive parents.

Did the judge also terminate her parental rights, or was this situation solely to decide her criminal sentencing? Hopefully the State terminates the filth(parental at least, i would hope for termination of her life but sadly being abusive scum is not a DP crime, disgusting).

The crazy is strong with her.

Did the judge also terminate her parental rights, or was this situation solely to decide her criminal sentencing? Hopefully the State terminates the filth(parental at least, i would hope for termination of her life but sadly being abusive scum is not a DP crime, disgusting).

It's the sentencing. But I did find something up the alley you mentioned - https://www.farmingtonindependent.c...hearing-4218-michaela-m-sousa-case-no-2018tp3

From an earlier article noting her absence after the jury delivered their verdict (note what happened to the kid) -
Jurors convicted the 26-year-old Farmington, Minn., resident of felony child abuse and misdemeanor obstructing an officer after about three hours of deliberation.

Froelich said law does not require defendants to be present at trial, provided they attend at the beginning. From there, Sousa was legally allowed to be represented solely by her lawyer. Froelich said Sousa called her attorney, James Krave, to say she was on her way, "but she never showed." Court officials were not allowed to tell the jury why Sousa was absent until after the verdict was read and the trial concluded.

Buffalo-Pepin County Circuit Court Judge James Duvall issued a warrant for Sousa's arrest after the verdict was returned.

<...>

According to a criminal complaint:

Sousa, a River Falls resident at the time, hospitalized herself July 3, 2016, at Hudson Hospital, where a nurse registered concerns with the baby and contacted police. Police tracked down Sousa and her then- live-in boyfriend, 22-year-old Sebastian Manneh, along with the child and determined the baby was in need of medical attention.

Police learned from a Pierce County Human Services child protection worker the child sustained bleeding on her brain and that the injury was highly suspicious.

Initial interviews with Sousa and Manneh produced a version of events police determined were not consistent with the severity and type of injury sustained. Doctors told officers the injuries "were from inflicted abusive trauma," the complaint states.

Police, who were at St. Paul Children's Hospital interviewing the couple, returned from their briefing from doctors to learn Sousa and Manneh had left and were en route to River Falls.

"This seemed odd," investigator Chuck Golden wrote in the complaint, "because we informed Sebastian and Michaela that we were going to speak to the doctors about their daughter's status and that we would then speak to them about what we had learned."

Investigators interviewed the couple again in River Falls, where Sousa told a story she later admitted was a lie.

The couple returned to the River Falls police station days later, where investigators interviewed them again. Confronted with conflicting information about stories she'd told, Sousa later admitted the injury may have been inflicted while the child was present during a domestic fight she and Manneh had.

She told police Manneh was striking her and may have struck the baby in the process. Sousa also said she was "inadvertently striking and making contact" with the child while protecting herself during the fight, the complaint states.

Sousa also described a different instance when she and Manneh were simultaneously pulling at the baby while battling for control of the child.

Golden told Sousa she was under arrest and began making arrangements to jail her, at which point Sousa bolted from the police station before being caught after a brief foot pursuit.

Manneh, who now lists a Bloomington, Minn., address, has three open criminal cases in Pierce County. Those charges do not include child abuse.

In short, she's a crazy bitch who used her baby as a human shield.
Sousa said she feared the child would develop mental disabilities if forced to live without her.
Too late. The child's problems are a result of living with mom.

She deployed the child as an effing shield?
Such brutality and then having the nerve to invoke God?
Fuck her sideways with a jackhammer!

Wow ... I think the judge got it wrong here ... on so many levels. Blah blah blah ... She's going to be impacted by this for the rest of her life ...
I hate it when people say this here ... or anyplace and I don't think Judges should ever say it because it always sounds like a curse to me. The truth is ... we don't know what kind of impact it will have ... it might have a negative impact ... but it might have a positive impact too.

Last edited:
Wow ... I think the judge got it wrong here ... on so many levels. Blah blah blah ... She's going to be impacted by this for the rest of her life ...

Are you referring to the mom or the child?

If youre talking about the mom, well she SHOULD be impacted by it the rest of her life. She's worthless drug addict trash that abused her child. She deserves to have her parental rights terminated, and all of society should HOPE that she forever is haunted by regret and pain over what she's done.

And if youre referring to the child, i still dont see the problem. There can be nothing negative from a child not knowing or having a relationship with its abusive, shitstain biological parents.

but for the record I was talking about the little girl.
glad you clarified that because it really wasn't clear
I see no benefit for this toddler having such a messed up mother. It's not the anti gay implications, it's the physical violence.
You enjoy dreams of salvation for useless crazy mothers.

I may have used my baby to bludgeon my boyfriend but by God I am not a sinner!

I may have used my baby to bludgeon my boyfriend but by God I am not a sinner!

Is that what she did ... ?
Post automatically merged:

In short, she's a crazy bitch who used her baby as a human shield.

Well if she had the little girl and he was attacking her ... aren't they both getting beat up.

Holy she was only 22 when this happened ?

Who the fuck attacks a woman holding a baby except someone who really really wanted to hurt you?

Last edited:
She “was inadvertently striking and making contact” with the child during the domestic violence. Sounds Iike she was using the kid as both a weapon and a shield. Then there was the tug of war with the baby...

She “was inadvertently striking and making contact” with the child during the domestic violence. Sounds Iike she was using the kid as both a weapon and a shield. Then there was the tug of war with the baby...

I wonder what he was going to do with the baby when he got her ?

When i was young i was attacked ... I had bruises all over my body. My legs, my back, my arms.
... I tried to protect my self, by putting my hands in front of my face, but he was hitting me with such force that my hands made like no difference ... he was going right through them, and left them all black and blue and puffy. I finally just let him rain down on my face and when i had the chance drove my fingers into his eyes ... it hurt him ... he ran away.

And this almost sounds like that but with a baby ... to me anyway.
and if it was like that at all ... she doesn't deserve to be in jail,
For what lying to the police ? Maybe she was too scared to tell them what was going on
Stockholm syndrome is funny like that .. .not saying she had it ... just saying that makes more sense to me. Fight, flight ... attach.

That poor baby has two worthless D.N.A donors. I hope the foster parents become a permanent resource and provide this little girl with love and hugs.

What makes you think they will ??? The fact that its two guys makes me think otherwise ... and not because I'm a homophobe ... but because I used to believe that same sex relationships were all the rage because they were healthier ... but the truth is they're often less stable than hetro relationships because they come with all the same problems that a hetro couple has ... plus some. Drugs usually ... promiscuity ... lack of family support ... Aids and HIV. So while you can hope it ... the truth is children don't thrive in structures like this ... there is data on it.

This woman deserved to get beat by bf/husband. I hope there was brutal domestic violence in that home that she was a victim of. Drug addict, child abusin filth.

The termination of her parental rights is probably being handled in the family court and she has a right to contest the the TPR.

If the foster parents that are raising her are willing to adopt her I could see the TPR going through- Since she has an issue where them being a gay couple I bet she is fighting the termination.

Even though she is incarcerated she has to be produced to the family court for all hearing regarding the TPR petition.

Back