• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.sfgate.com/crime/articl...m_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social
920x920.jpg

[....]
Megan K. Hogg, 45, was sentenced in San Mateo County Superior Court to 25 years to life in 1999 for suffocating her daughters. She pleaded no contest to the three counts of first-degree murder, which allowed her to avoid the possible sentence of life without parole.

At Tuesday’s review, a panel consisting of Commissioner Terri Turner and Deputy Commissioner Tim O’Hara found that Hogg “no longer constitutes an unreasonable risk of danger to the community,” according to the San Mateo County district attorney’s office, which objected to the decision.

The Board of Parole Hearings in Sacramento will now perform an administrative review of the case before it is taken to Gov. Jerry Brown, who can approve or reverse the decision.

http://murderpedia.org/female.H/h/hogg-megan.htm

[...]
After depression was diagnosed in 1996, Hogg was prescribed several antidepressant medications, according to court records. When she began having seizures, doctors temporarily took her off all of the medication.

The week before the slayings, Hogg was put on another antidepressant. However, court records show that she reportedly remained depressed, listless and irritable.

On the morning of March 23, 1998, Karen Hogg discovered her granddaughters' bodies in the rear bedroom of the family's Daly City home. She also found daughter Megan, who had attempted suicide by drinking hot chocolate laced with about 40 tablets of codeine, Tylenol, Vicodin and Trazadone.

The night before, court documents show, Megan Hogg had argued with her mother about the children. Hogg later told officers that she had been upset because her mother had threatened to kick her out of the house and to get physical custody of the children.

Rather than be without her children, she told police that she suffocated the girls by taping their mouths and hands. She said she wanted to "spare them the problems that she had faced in her own life," according to court records.
...[...]

Last edited:
I love the use of "unreasonable" when descxribing risk to the public. It's like theyre accepting she does pose a risk, it's just not unreasonable to force the public to have to bare the threat and possible result of it.

Sick fucks. Her level of risk is irrelevant, you kill 3 kids you should stay in a cage the rest of your life no matter what. Rehabahilitation should not be offered murderers.

I love the use of "unreasonable" when descxribing risk to the public. It's like theyre accepting she does pose a risk, it's just not unreasonable to force the public to have to bare the threat and possible result of it.

Sick fucks. Her level of risk is irrelevant, you kill 3 kids you should stay in a cage the rest of your life no matter what. Rehabahilitation should not be offered murderers.

They were her kids, not just random kids off the street. There is a difference.

she should have had mandatory sterilization upon being sentenced as anyone who has murdered or seriously abused a child, especially their own should, and in Calif 25 to life usually means coming up for parole in 12 years

“no longer constitutes an unreasonable risk of danger to the community,”

I'm not worried about the fucking community, I'm worried about any small children that are left in her care, and you know someone will leave their kids with her just to prove she ain't all that bad, now.

Taping someone's hands and mouth is a coldhearted, terrifying way to kill any person, let alone your babies. Even with a gun to my head, I just could not do that to a child. She's vicious. No hot cocoa and pain pills for them, like she chose for herself. She did that to get back at her mom. I seriously doubt she had any real intention to die, either. Screw this bitch.

fuck the community and even the thought of any children to come, she deserves to pay for the ones already victimized, whose lives she snuffed in one of the most horrendous methods possible considering she was parking her fat ass in someone else's house, the tape and hand tying was so no one would hear them and they couldn't be able to get away or knock or cry for help, imagine knowing that salvation could be on the other side of the door but being unable to make enough noise to get it

Last edited:
How mentally deficient does one need to be in order to sit on a parole board?
Seriously, this is retarded as fuck!

From the article:

The district attorney’s office said serious rules violations, disciplinary issues, poor parole plans and a violation of prison rules on dealing drugs within the prison were among the reasons Hogg should not be granted parole.”

I don’t see any indication that she will be a law abiding citizen if she’s released. It’s crazy that the board found her suitable for release!

a violation of prison rules on dealing drugs within the prison

This alone should be adding a few years to her sentence. According to the article this decision needs to pass an administrative review by The Board of Parole Hearings, then has to be approved by the governor. I have a feeling she isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Back