• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-found-dead-trash-compactor-posh-york-city/story?id=56503375
[....]
zeckendorf-towers-pd-mo-20180711_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

According to the New York Police Department, the building employee found a woman stuffed in a trash compactor in the complex Tuesday at about 5 p.m.

Police said the woman was unconscious and unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene.
[....]
There were few details offered by police, just that she was 48 years old, a resident of the building and an investigation is underway.

"They had the barricades up around the entrance, and I have never seen 20 detectives wandering around, anywhere, so it had to be some serious thing with suspicious circumstances, because why else would 20 detectives show up?" one resident of the building told New York ABC station WABC.

Police are reviewing surveillance video from inside and outside the condo building, WABC reported.

The building in the Gramercy section of Manhattan rents studios for about $3,000 a month, according to Street Easy, while the cheapest unit on sale is a studio for $995,000. A two-bedroom, two-bath condo with cost you $3.25 million.

Reports are now saying she was drunk. I can’t imagine a sober person doing what she did, unless suicidal, so this tidbit did not shock me.

Said she was intoxicated, in the middle of a bad divorce, lost custody of her son, was taking monthly sobriety tests and had been passing. But was seen drunk the day in question. One of the articles showed a photo of the door to trash chute, same as the building I'm living in right now. I personally don't see how it could have been an accident. Which is sad. I'm 6'1" and the door comes up to my waist. The doors open like and oven door but they only open partially and they slowly close on their own once you let go. Unless maybe she got something stuck and was trying to clear it out, no matter how drunk, I don't see how it could have been and accident.

I'm going there.......

When I saw the dead woman's name I thought "another sad crazy drunken Russian.," Yeah. Mean.
I can visualize a stupid alcoholic haze reaching too far into a garbage shute. Building engineers can't plan for every crazy action.

Last edited:
Her father says it was murder. Nasty divorce etc. You'd think there would be security cameras with clues If that is true.
Wouldn't be surprised either way.

Husband of the NYC woman had gone bankrupt prior to her death https://dailym.ai/2NR3Klr

Last edited:
At least in my bldg. all the cameras on in the major public areas but not on the individual floors, certainly not in the "trash room".

The trash shute was in her own condo.I thought if it was murder security cameras might capture her visitors.

I don't recall any info about it being INSIDE her condo. They are typically in a closet type room by elevators, and for good reason, they tend to stink.

Back