• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/world/asia/sichuan-airlines-pilot-window.html
HONG KONG — A Sichuan Airlines plane heading for Tibet made an emergency landing on Monday after its windshield shattered and a co-pilot was partially sucked out of the cockpit, the local news media reported.
[....]
But the windshield later “shattered with a loud sound,” the pilot, Liu Chuanjian, said in a video posted by the news outlet Chengdu Business News. “When I looked over to my side, half of my co-pilot’s body was hanging out of the window.”

“Fortunately, he was wearing a seatbelt,” Mr. Liu said.

The plane made an emergency landing at 7:42 a.m. in the southwestern Chinese city of Chengdu.

I think so!

[....]
Sichuan Airlines said in a post on Weibo, China’s Twitter-like microblogging platform, that 29 of the plane’s 119 passengers were sent to a hospital for examination. One cabin crew member was being treated for a waist injury and the first officer suffered scratches, but the remaining passengers were discharged, the post said.

Many Chinese social media users lauded the pilots as heroes and encouraged the airline to reward them.
[....]
Others remained skeptical of the airline’s portrayal of the incident. “The pilot is indeed awesome, but why is this the only thing broadcast?” one user asked. “This clearly is Sichuan Airlines’ accident. Sichuan Airlines’ public relations team is quite clever at crisis management.”
[....]

Click on the edit button? But I've found that I can't highlight any text on my posts, so if I wanted to disappear/change much it would be a real pain.

Back