• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I'll move it to the top of my to do list. I need to put my fancy education to use at some point in life!

But heed my warning: I have a bad attitude and no sense of humor!

First of all, bigmnt, my heart broke reading your post. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Though I have children and grandchildren, I'm not sure how much of an influence it has had. As a child, I read every Nancy Drew mystery. I was being abused in ways I still have trouble talking about, and those books provided an escape. I thought, if a child like Nancy could solve mysteries, perhaps I could find a way to mysteriously vanish. No such luck. An early goal was to be a prosecutor, so I could help put away people like my abusers.
Instead I became a Private Investigator.
Why I am here. Years ago I was on the CourtTV forum. It sucked. Recently, I did a search of crime forums, but none seemed right until I found this one. Part of why I liked it has to do with the intelligence of those here. You are an interesting group, and even the opinions of those I may disagree with, I still enjoy reading.

I have no idea how I wound up here. Or when I joined. I think I came here by accident. I stayed because this is the only site where I can be myself and cuss a blue streak. Other sites, which shall not be named, requested that I leave because I'm vulgar and inappropriate. Plus, I luvs all y'all.
Even Morbid, who disappeared our blogs. Fuck you Morbid!

Why am I here?

Have pondered that a few times since I've been here. Certain "issues" of mine can cause me to react in ways that make me hard work sometimes. And those same "issues" can lead to this forum stressing me on occasions when I get caught up in some shit or other, sometimes of my own making, sometimes not. I go off on one way too easily and can be a bit prickly.

But I still actually like this forum and many of the people here. Lots of other people here - like me I think - have interesting and troubled back stories.

But what actually led me here was that I heard about a couple in America who beat a 3 year old to death and laughed while they did it. I began investigating this, in the course of which I stumbled across lots of other evil shit. And I felt a need to find somewhere to talk about it and vent my rage and disgust. Another forum that touched upon these issues was too tightly moderated for me and I had left after issues with the forum moderator, so needed to find someplace new. So I did a google search for true crime forums and found this place.

And my primary reason for coming here is still a fascination with terrible crimes and the scum responsible, though there are also many intelligent discussions here too.

And this place can be highly addictive and keeps drawing me back, though I have realised that I need a break from the place occasionally.

Last edited:
i don't believe I've posted in this thread. I am a mother of two sons, 30 and 35. I have always been interested in true crime and reading murder mysteries, I started reading The Boxcar Children when I was in the 3rd grade and never looked back, my favorite author of all time, is Agatha Christie. I've all kinds of true crime, about real crime and murder cases, Ann Rule being one of my favorite.

I found DD when I was looking for information about Rowan Ford, and I just lurked for the longest until, of course, that infamous bitch, Casey Anthony, brought me out of lurkdom.

First and Foremost I've always wanted to know WHY, why did they want to do it, why did they think they could get away with it, cause most don't get away, hell, most don't even really get out of the room before they are caught.

I love true crime, I love psychology, why do people do the shit they do ? Why does one react like this and another like that etc... Also my partner does night shift which leaves me with a lot of free time on my hands.

I was told there would be punch and pie.......

Waiting......*sigh*

You know, most of the time the avis show up pretty small and if I wanna see 'em, I have to click 'em. For some strange reason, I go NOOOO problem seeing yours, lol. :wideyed: :joyful: Welcome back, btw!

EDIT: Crap guys, sorry, I mistakenly read the last posting date as May not March! My bad! :facepalm: I can't delete now, so oh well. :confused:

No kids.
Maybe not depraved but definitely skewed.
Love bright people and clever, funny writing and that burn when the Diet Coke comes out my nose.
I'd have to agree with that 100%. No kids here either btw. Hopefully someday! I'm 32, so I better get on with it huh? ;)

I kept running into this site when I'd search for individual news stories and gradually I just started coming directly to DD for my daily fix. It's freakishly addictive and I'm hopelessly obsessed now. Most of all it's the wit, intelligence and sleuthing ability of my fellow DD-ers that has kept me hooked. :D It's very refreshing to find a place online where the majority of people are actually using antiquated things like proper spelling and punctuation and can carry on an intelligent -- or even *gasp!* -- eloquent discussion! (Even if it is about how they'd methodically torture a perp.) :vamp:

Oh and not to be overlooked... I also loooove a good tard and/or tard defender! Speaking of which, I just spent HOURS reading every single post under the James Crise thread from waaaay back. Best 4 hours I've spent on here so far!! Lmao! If anyone hasn't read it yet, please, please do! :bookworm: Just make sure to start from the beginning and read all the way to the end. It's long, but trust me, it's worth it! :hilarious:

Last edited:
I always had a fascination with true crime. My high school library had tons of the true crime books from magazine life. I remember reading about The Black Dahlia, the boy in the box the Boston Strangleand even Lizzie Borden.
Off course favorite novel is The Silence of the Lambs.
After I had my daughter stories about the poor babies just ate me up. I needed to know if the perps were punished. I ended up here.

I am here for the same freaking reason I end up anywhere I seem to find myself...
I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque!

Actually? I just follow my nose.

I am here because Bloody-Disgusting isn't what it used to be, and fantasy doesn't hold a candle to reality.

Also, dinner, I am here for dinner.

Becoz I'm drunk. And my mom watched Cops and America's Most Wanted all the time when I was a kid so I guess it only natural I too have an interest in fucked up shit.
And friends. I have a few I those here as well. You bitches love me. You really really love me. Or at least you pretend too.

I have kids but I developed an interest in abnormal psychology in college. I come from a VERY out there family. In fact, when I get into a "My family is so strange" discussion, people tend to leave without telling their stories once they hear mine.
I was drawn first to the "missing persons" forum because I have been searching for my sister for 21 years but I looked around and it seemed like my kind of place.

Frankly, I've been rather fascinated by the apparent influx of mothers to the site. I've developed my theories and, after reading a few introduction threads, it seems my theory may be accurate. But I'd hate to develop an opinion based on such limited information. So, I'm curious...Why are you here? Parent or not, I'd like to know. But, if you are a parent, have you always been interested in true crime or is it an interest that developed after having children?

As for me, I'm here because a friend suggested I check it out. I stayed because the site not only caters to my interest in depravity, but because my political interest is not shunned like it has been on other sites that are not specifically politically-oriented. I've got no kids.

Your turn! :)
I'm a mom of 6 kids and I work full time but thankfully I have a job where I pull 10 hour or more random shifts so basically it seems like I'm a stay home mom,but I had a fucked up childhood and have always wondered what makes people do evil shit to children.I also like to keep up to date on what new twisted shit these pervs are up too so I can let myself and family know what to watch out for.

I'm a mom of 6 kids and I work full time but thankfully I have a job where I pull 10 hour or more random shifts so basically it seems like I'm a stay home mom,but I had a fucked up childhood and have always wondered what makes people do evil shit to children.I also like to keep up to date on what new twisted shit these pervs are up too so I can let myself and family know what to watch out for.
I'm also trying to start a program for women and kids that have been abused and an educational abuse prevention program.no better way to research than this site!!! Not to mention I really like the people and their posts.

Well first it was my guilty pleasure like cake but less fattening...but now it just feels like comfort food... I'm happy here. The stories are horrible...but the collective rage that rears its head with each one is fucking beautiful and makes me feel like maybe all isn't lost in this crazy world after all.

Becoz I'm drunk. And my mom watched Cops and America's Most Wanted all the time when I was a kid so I guess it only natural I too have an interest in fucked up shit.
And friends. I have a few I those here as well. You bitches love me. You really really love me. Or at least you pretend too.

We really do love you :)

The stories are horrible...but the collective rage that rears its head with each one is fucking beautiful and makes me feel like maybe all isn't lost in this crazy world after all.

And holding your hand makes it much more bearable for me! :)

Dena Schlosser. The horrible woman who basically got off after severing her baby girls arms and letting her bleed to death. I was looking for an update on Dena. When I first heard about that baby my dreams were filled with screaming baby girls and visions of a mother methodically holding the child up by her arm and slowly sawing it off. I was a new mom at the time of this babies death and the news of her torture rocked me to my very core. I cried and cried for days. I cried again when she was let out after such a short period of incarceration. Still haunts me like no other case.

I don't know the story but your description scared the fuck out of me....Wow! (hugs)

Back