• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Norweigan movie starring Skarskgard

In Order of Dissapearance

On netflix, good stuff. Coen-bros esque crime/revenge drama.

"The Founder".

It was pretty good and made me want to taste a circa 1954 McDonald's hamburger. They made them actually look yummy.

Before that-
We re-watched "Fargo".

Other films we recently watched are "Boyhood", "Everybody Wants Some", and I have "Bette and Joan" set to record this weekend.
[doublepost=1488670613,1488670531][/doublepost]
A great crime thriller. A bogus insurance inspector very cleverly robs a bank. All dialogue, very suspenseful.

Looks like "The Crown Affair" meets "Masquerade" meets "Catch Me If You Can"....

RepoMan 1984...Emilio's best flick and so much fucking fun! Plus, Harry Dean Stanton is a riot.

Last edited:
Horns with Daniel Radcliff.
Great performance by him as always in some very unconventional stuff.
Followed it up with Rise of the Zombies with Danny Trejo.
Hilariously awful film.
There were no science or tech consultants on the film...
and it gloriously shows.
Special shout out to Levar Burton for poorest science guy ever.

Re-watched The Voices on my flight home Sunday night.

It's on Netflix now if you want to check it out. I love it, but my bf was like, I'm never watching that again.

I don't want to spoil anything for y'all so I won't say much except... be prepared, because it takes some pretty odd, bleak turns.

At deer camp I hit up the RedBox twice:
-The Hitman's Bodyguard- Was decent, better than I thought and kind of funny.
-Wind River: Really awesome movie. Jeremy Renner was good.

Last Netflix
-A Ghost Story: Very good movie. Very interesting concept.

Buffalo 66

Vincent Gallo and Christina Ricci...I'm such a sucker when it comes to these far out of left field romance flicks and this one is something special!

Went to see The Darkest Hour with my wife a couple weeks ago.

Last one watched at home was Oscar. Still just as funny as it was when it was released. My sons were dying laughing. Most people don't get Oscar. They want to see Stallone as a big time criminal gangster. However, it was a comedy. My wife and I saw it when it came out in 1991 with two other couples. The six of us laughed all through the movie. As we were leaving, we heard comments about how bad the movie was, and that it wasn't a real Stallone picture.

Last edited:
I've watched Takashi Miike's Audition like 3 times this month. His new film Blade Of The Immortal is also good if you're into samurai films, but it's based on a manga so don't expect Akira Kurosawa (except for the B&W flashback bits which are extremely reminiscent of)

I've watched Takashi Miike's Audition like 3 times this month. His new film Blade Of The Immortal is also good if you're into samurai films, but it's based on a manga so don't expect Akira Kurosawa (except for the B&W flashback bits which are extremely reminiscent of)
I really love Ichi the Killer, i can’t explain it

Before I Wake 2016

I suggest not reading the entire plot, because it's an interesting, emotionally charged movie and knowing what happens will ruin it.

That reminds me I need to watch Rampo Noir. It's not a Takashi Miike film but it stars Tadanobu Asano. He played Kakihara and he's a fucking dreamboat. Anyway he gets naked in it

Last edited:
Living Among Us is the absolutely worst vampire film ever i think. It was a bad rendition of the worst of cliches. When Blair Witch Project had just hit the screens a friend had come into some money and took us all to the theatre to watch it. We were more baffled & irritated than scared other than our friend had blown way too much money for us to have to sit through it all. This was worse than that.

Mute......I believe it's on Netflix. It's got the Skaarsgard from True Blood in it. Very different sorta SciFi, mystery thriller. I absolutely loved this movie. Its been awhile since I was moved to the point of tears and the end of this movie did just that.

Atomic Blond, which I thought was OK.

I really liked the clothes in Atomic Blonde.

I watched Rain Man the other day ... and noticed for the first time how abusive Charlie Babbitt

was in the beginning ... Just plain mean.

We watched American made the other night ... I thought it was kind of Romantic and funny.

The second time he asked her ... do you trust me, and she said no, and then he asked her if she

loved him and she said yes ... He grabbed my leg and said ... oh this is us.

And he was right ... It is.
[doublepost=1519933305,1519933158][/doublepost]
I really love Ichi the Killer, i can’t explain it

I'm gonna watch this, this afternoon. But first I'm going to get dog food and through all our winter coats in the wash and maybe a couple pairs of boots. Spring ... spring ... spring!

Coco

Fantastic.

Blade of Immortal was god awful. Outrageously and needlessly excessively long. Terrible, awful written characters, nonsensical plot, and painfully forgettable and dull fight/battle sequences. It was just a bunch of people swinging swords, the sound of metal clanging, and then people fall on the ground or are shown on the ground. Meh. Started off so strong and unique too, shame.

Back