• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mr_Vindictive

I've been heavy into Doom Metal lately, so I figured why not go ahead and create a new thread for it. I know Morbid digs the stuff too, so lets see who else out there is a fan.

I've been listening to Demon Head pretty heavily as of late. I stumbled on them randomly and I've been seriously impressed. Very retro, low-fi doom.

I listen to varying styles of music, but Doom is my fallback and my mainstay. As for new Doom, I have been enjoying King Woman, whose latest album beat out my other favorite, female fronted Doom band's, Royal Thunder.

Another band that is a mix of doom, glam and Lord know what else is Wand. Their latest is putting my speakers through the test and pissing my neighbors off all to hell.

For my riffs, Monolord has been satisfying that fix in spades.

I am into some doom, mostly funeral doom. Some of my favorites are older Swallow The Sun, Evoken, Ahab, and Fallen. Been getting into some Black-Doom lately as well. Bands like Katatonia, early Woods Of Yrpes, Forgotten Tomb.

Woods of Ypres is fucking great.

I've also been listening to Goliathan by Weedeater. They're from the town I lived in for nearly a decade and they fucking rule. Great sludgy doom.

You can never go wrong with YOB.

Beast in the Field. Holy shit. This is the first time I've heard them and they fucking rule. Awesome suggestion!

I really dig Church of Misery as well. A good friend turned me on to them a few years back.

Morbid if that happens again, I'd happily take those tickets!

I finally picked up Time to Die on record store day. It's gotten a lot of play since. Not as good as Dopethrone but still really fucking solid.

Happy Friday .... I leave you with some Sleep ...
Something I won't be getting all weekend :devil: ... now off to post some Death Metal in the other thread \m/

[doublepost=1510086330,1510084289][/doublepost]
......some(crazy) people I've come across in my Travels.

I've been on a Matt Pike kick for the past two weeks..Recently scored an Orange amp and have been jamming till my fucking fingers bleed.

Back