• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ZombieBabe

This is the thread where I will post all of the Virtual Console titles that are currently available (alphabetically). I will keep this thread updated every time new titles are released - usually every Monday. I will also make a front page entry once a month listing the titles that were released that month. If this works out as well as I hope, maybe I'll put together a similar system for the 360's Live Arcade.

Without further ado:

ActRaiser
Air Zonk
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Crush
Altered Beast
Balloon Fight
Baseball
Battle Lode Runner
Beyond Oasis
Bio-Hazard Battle
Blazing Lazers
Bloody Wolf
Bomberman '93
Bonanza Brothers
Bonk's Adventure
Bonk's Revenge
Bravoman
Castlevania
Chew-Man-Fu
China Warrior
Columns
Comix Zone
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Dead Moon
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country II: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dungeons
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Dragon's Curse
Dragon Spirit
Dungeon Explorer
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco: The Tides of Time
Elevator Action
Excite Bike
F-Zero
F-Zero X
Final Fight
Gain Ground
Galaga
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Gradius
Gradius III
Gunstar Heroes
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
JJ & Jeff
Kid Chameleon
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Lode Runner
Mach Rider
Mario Bros
Mario Kart 64
Mega Man
Mighty Bomb Jack
Military Madness
Milon's Secret Castle
Moto Roader
NES Open Tournament Golf
New Adventure Island
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Spirit
Ordyne
Pac-Man
Paper Mario
Pinball
Punch-out: Featuring Mr. Dream
Ristar
R-Type
R-Type III
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
Shockman
Silent Debuggers
Sim City
Soccer
Soldier Blade
Solomon's Key
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog II
Space Harrier II
Splatterhouse
Star Fox 64
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage II
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls & Ghosts
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Brothers 2
Super Mario World
Super Star Soldier
Sword of Vermillion
Tecmo Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tennis
Legend of Kage
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
ToeJam & Earl
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
Urban Champion
Victory Run
Vigilante
Virtua Fighter II
Wario's Woods
Wonder Boy in Monster World
World Sports Competition
Xevious
Yoshi
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Added July 23, 2007:

Devil's Crush
Kirby's Dream Course
Shining Force

Also, feel free to discuss any of the games on the list, or tell us which games you would like for them to put on the VC. I would love to see Sqoon on that list. I was only able to get to the third level once, but very often, I was lucky just to get to the second. It was a difficult game to master, and I'd love to have another crack at it.

Last edited:
ZB, since you're the Wii Hoe...do they still make Mario Party games? :happy: I kicked so much ass on the third one...I think it was on '64 too.

ZB, since you're the Wii Hoe...do they still make Mario Party games? :happy: I kicked so much ass on the third one...I think it was on '64 too.
Yep! They just came out with Mario Party 8 for the Wii. I've always enjoyed the Mario Parties, but I'm the only one in the house that does, so the only version I have is number 7 (and I still have a working N64!). The only reason we have #7 is because it came bundled with the Cube a year or so ago. We burnt up the first Cube (it was a few years old by that time), and we were all going through withdrawals, so I bought the bundle.

Mario Party 8 hasn't gotten the best reviews. Monotonous. Repetitive. Those were the words I read the most about it. Which is why....

Admittedly, I probably could have bought part 8 in the last few weeks, but there are so many other great titles available right now that I don't want to blow my allowance on another Mario Party. Plus, I'm still salivating in anticipation of Metroid Prime 3. Provided that the release date doesn't get pushed back (AGAIN), I have less than a month to wait. Then again, Twilight Princess got pushed back time and time again, and that worked out splendidly. I can't imagine playing that game on the Cube. It would be SO inferior. :no:

Last edited:
:lol: You're such a nerd! :love:

Interesting, interesting with the Mario Party 8. Unfortunately it hasn't convinced me. That new Mario Kart game looks promising though. :eyes: Do you plan on purchasing it?

Do you plan on purchasing it?
Eventually. I'll give you a review when I do, but I hope to be able to convince you to buy your own before then. :p

We're all so riled up for Metroid Prime:3's release that we're just not looking to get attached to a new game right now. I did buy RE:4 the other day (I am weak) but that'll be it until MP3 comes out next month. Hell, we've had 1700 Wii points sitting in limbo for the past few weeks in anticipation of the original Metroid hitting the Virtual Console. According to Gamespot, it came out on June 20, but there is no Metroid to be had on the VC at all. Nevertheless, we'll squirrel away those points until it does. We're a nerdy bunch.

b&t said:
:lol: You're such a nerd! :love:
That's actually a compliment to me. :)

:lol: You're a book nerd. :love:

We're all so riled up for Metroid Prime:3's release that we're just not looking to get attached to a new game right now. I did buy RE:4 the other day (I am weak) but that'll be it until MP3 comes out next month. Hell, we've had 1700 Wii points sitting in limbo for the past few weeks in anticipation of the original Metroid hitting the Virtual Console. According to Gamespot, it came out on June 20, but there is no Metroid to be had on the VC at all. Nevertheless, we'll squirrel away those points until it does. We're a nerdy bunch.

What's Metroid Prime? :confused:

ZB said:
That's actually a compliment to me. :)

Take them where you get them. From me! :he:

ZB said:
:lol: You're a book nerd. :love:

Shhh. For every game you've played I've read five books. ;)

August 13, 2007:

Shining in the Darkness
Metroid!!!

If Nintendo had a dick, I would suck it. :666:

Technically, only 2 actual games were released today (as opposed to the usual three), but they made up for it by adding a barely interactive, free preview of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, although it munches something like 70 blocks of memory. Since my Wii is already rammed full of VC games (I've spent $180.00 on Wii points alone), I will be deleting the preview as soon as I get the disc. Still, it's neat to see just how that little bit of technology gives me goosebumps. I'm so stoked! I should be FAR more ashamed about that than I am. :oops:

I am a slack bitch. I haven't updated this shit in eons. Sorry, gang.

Here is a rundown from mid-August and all of September, and all October releases through today:

August 2007:
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Neutopia
Super Metroid
Volleyball
Super C (Contra)
Breath of Fire II

September 2007:
LandStalker: The Treasures of King Nole
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Yoshi's Story
Kirby's Avalance
Streets of Rage 3

October 2007:
Sin and Punishment
Super Mario Brothers: The Lost Levels
World Heroes
Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury

So I finally gave in and bought Pokemon Snap on the Virtual Console, I remember I used to play it quite a bit back in the N64's hay-day, but I didn't think it'd be one of those games that would really still be worth it by todays standards.

Well I was wrong. I spent all of three hours playing Pokemon Snap tonight. I'd forgot how damn simple, yet totally complex that game is.

On an unrelated subject, I found myself laughing because here I am, with a brand new 500.00 Playstation 3... yet I'm spending my time playing old N64 games. That should send some kind of message to Sony right there. :p

~Kyle

Not more? Well, the good one is there, but I miss some games from the amiga.

And things like sam & max and day of the tentacle. I know it will come more but I would say its a bit weak list when we look at the massive number of games out there. It could be more at launch.

Bonks Adventure: Hey my father said he played that as a kid. Maby I should try it too.

Back