• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
I can't believe no one put this up yet. After GOT one of my favorite series starting out with the tale of the legendary Ragnar Lodbrok and going on to his sons set around late 700s early 800 when the Vikings invaded Saxony. It starts out a he a simple kinda farmer and his wife a former shield maiden of Odin with their two small children a boy and girl. Will add more but gotta go watch the latest episode!

nope, am taking a smoke break here, I truly find it entertaining and would love to get my fangs into Ubbe [or actor that plays him] true, he would probably put up a hell of a fight but damn...

Last edited:
I'm trying to catch up on the new season now, so Spoiler Alert me if you're gonna post substantial spoilers pleeease.

Not really a spoiler but... When Floki told Ivar to, "Stand up and say that to my face."... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Very dissapointing and underwhelming show. It being on history channel really hurts it. Bloodless battle/fight scenes are laughable and totally forgettable. Very very very lame. Just a storm of sharp objects clanging and we see none of the impact or effects, very lame.

Some of the characters are painfully unbearable, like Floki. Such an annoying whiny wimp of a character.

The outright love affair between analstain and ragnar was quite trying at times as well. Really bizarre and lame stuff.

The show has some good moments, but i grew too bored with it to continue on after that one character is lost to the snakepit.

Didnt help that Ragnar becomes a very unlikable and uninteresting whinebag as the show goes on.

If you want a higher quality viking show, watch Last Kingdom. Actually has some bloodshed in its battlescenes, they are VASTLY superior on every level. Better written characters and story as well.

I'm trying to catch up on the new season now, so Spoiler Alert me if you're gonna post substantial spoilers pleeease.

Not really a spoiler but... When Floki told Ivar to, "Stand up and say that to my face."... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
i am trying t be so vague on these I am horrible with spoiler alerts when I don;t even try half the time so I gotta keep my mouth shut but it is easy to breeze through & yes, Ivar is the Ramsay of this series

And historical shit is my jam. I loved The Tudors, couldn't get enough of it. I watched Gun Powder with Kit Harrington last weekend and enjoyed it too. I don't know what it is about this show that couldn't capture my attention.
different tastes I enjoy it but had read a bit about most the characters in it before from chronicles & history excerpts. Tudors is a type, you'd probably like the Medicis or one of the Borgia series or the Templars

Floki child of Loki is the way to look at him, lol, he's ridden hard, can't wait for you to catch up so we can discuss the latest shenanigans of his

I read up on the lore too. I found it more interesting.
it's more garbled and confusing and alot of variations, like Marie Laveau there were multiple Ragnar's imo but the first would be who the series is on but they made the brothers somewhat backwards Asalung was the mother of Ivar I still think the chronicles were frustrating as well as the stories anddd please, there's alot of different names to use without doign so many so close. some of my issues with it but then my friend was trying to get into the translations to get into my [grandfather's mothers] roots there, I don't like the backass way they say things round about instead of solid forward i went through Havamal for a good month ready to choke the bard same with the rest of the eddas, i do think you'd like last kingdom

he never really did, he was born and died a pagan

Eh the most unlikable thing about his interest in Christianity was his over the top, straight up homosexual obsession with Analstain. And he most definitely kept that right up until the end.

Disgusting.

Back