Venus Romero Iraheta, Ms-13 Murderer, Wanted To Be Memorable

• Psst! Guest, a Pulpit of Doom test podcast will be on this Friday night at 10:30 p.m. Eastern so stop by and shoot the shit with other members as we discuss this week's top 10 stories. Be sure to check out our Youtube Channel and subscribe for notifications. The latest Pulpit of Doom podcasts can be found here. If you'd like to call in, join the Discord server and connect to the Green Room Channel and we'll get to you.
  • You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

FrayedKnot

I drank what?
Bold Member!
Jan 12, 2014
Ratings
20,468 2,659 396
Coventry
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/teen-ms-13-killer-told-victim-don-forget-article-1.3751555

A teen MS-13 gang member told a 15-year-old girl not to "forget my name" before she tortured and murdered her last year in Virginia, the killer admitted to cops.

Venus Romero Iraheta, now 18, pleaded guilty this week to taking the life of Damaris Reyes Rivas one year ago. Iraheta faces life in prison.

Prosecutors say Iraheta and other gang members lured Reyes Rivas to a park in Fairfax County, where she was beaten and stabbed 23 times.

Iraheta discussed the brutal details with police officers in a recorded interview on Feb. 14. The video was released on Wednesday, two days following her guilty plea.

MS-13 gang member narrated and filmed murder of teen: FBI agent

"I don't remember how many times I stabbed her in the stomach," Iraheta told police in Spanish, according to the interview obtained by Fox 5.

The "unforgettable" Venus:

Her victim, Damaris Reyes Rivas :

Ripley

Better to be pissed off than pissed on
Bold Member!
Dec 3, 2017
Ratings
3,615 292 29
So she told the victim not to forget her name and then killed her? How is the victim supposed to remember her name now? Idiot.

trixie05

Bold Member!
Jan 13, 2014
Ratings
545 35 1
And I'd love for you to go back to the link and read the article again ... because it wasn't a random murder ... no innocents died, it was a retaliation killing and I still don't feel sorry for the victim ... even if you don't like it very much.
So, from the article, "Prosecutors believe the gang members were seeking payback for the murder of Iraheta's boyfriend Christian Sosa Rivas. Iraheta believed Reyes Rivas set him up to be killed."

It has nothing to do with liking or not liking it very much. There's nothing that says she did what the killer thought she did. Prosecutors aren't quoted as saying she set him up...they say the killer believed she did. I can think what ever I want about someone else, it still doesn't make it ok to kill them. Nice victim shaming.

Peanut2

Bold Member!
Aug 31, 2014
Ratings
3,605 133 18
I did read that the mother said she moved this girl (the victim) at age 12 to the States because she was involved with this MS-13 gang in her home country, but she connected with local members of that gang when she moved here. I read this in a few articles last night when 8 couldn’t sleep. Will try to find it.

Still a horrible death. No excuse for it. And the lack of remorse in the perp is chilling, especially for a teenage girl.

Last edited: