• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
Okay, I'm admitting I'm not sure what I'm talking about. What can I do to "start a conversation" with someone if my thingie is 200% full? Do I delete all my PMs, so that I can start over with the new software? And how do I do that?

Go through your inbox, select the conversations (or PMs) you're done with, then select "Leave Conversation" for all the selected PMs. If they have data you want to keep, dump them to your computer before you LC them.

If you're done done with them, select "Leave Permanently" when you get the popup.

--Al

Okay, I'm admitting I'm not sure what I'm talking about. What can I do to "start a conversation" with someone if my thingie is 200% full? Do I delete all my PMs, so that I can start over with the new software? And how do I do that?
Yes, you have to "delete" them. Actually, you "Leave" the conversation. Unfortunately, all PMs (sent & received) imported as single conversations and need to be cleaned up.

On your conversation list, check the box and options appear (once that is open, there's an option to "Select all" which will check all conversations on that page).

Then press the "Leave Conversations" button. Select an option in the popup.

f2ScBOO.jpg

If you permanently leave a convo, the message will be displayed in the inbox of any others in the conversation with an X over your avatar (see below).
QO2xTAJ.jpg

If you accept future messages, it will disappear from your inbox but will remain in the other person's inbox. If they continue the conversation, it will reappear in your inbox.

If all participants leave, the conversation is deleted from the system.

Back