• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CSA FD

Unsolved Murder Brittany "Britt" Danielle McGlone May 4, 2007

brittanymcglone5.jpg

memofbritt.jpg

Britt's Mom has allowed me to post this

Brittany's Story

It was recommended to me by some of the great people I came in contact with at Gretawire.com that I start a blog.
My daughter, Brittany Danielle McGlone, 19, was tortured, raped and murdered in Winnsboro, Wood County, Texas, May 4, 2007. She was my only daughter; a daughter any mother would be proud of. She graduated high school in 2006, and was working two jobs and helping care for her blind, disabled grandmother and two younger brothers at the time of her death. She had just fallen in love for the first time. We did not approve of her choice; in fact, I felt a sense of foreboding as I got to know the young man. He and Brittany were as different as night and day; she hated cigarette smoking and drug use; he smoked and had a history of drug abuse. Brittany was very particular about her appearance, although she was a tomboy, she was always impeccably groomed, neat and fresh. He was sloppy, scruffy and just downright messy. I think her falling in love was a shock to us; Brittany really led all of us around by the nose and we were just not used to sharing her. Beyond the differences, it was just not like Brittany to be crazy about a boy. They met when she was nearly 19, she had never been one to date. She had gone to her senior prom with one young man and another one had fallen in love with her, but she was never serious about him or pursuing a relationship with him.
Brittany's first love broke up with her one month prior to her murder. She was inconsolable! Even though my heart was breaking for her, I was secretly relieved. Everyone who cared for Brittany knew this was not the right choice for her. Brittany's heart was in it, though; she continued to have communication with the young man until they were soon seeing each other again.
She was in the home of this boyfriend when she was murdered sometime between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm May 4, 2007. He shared the home with his mother, step-father, half sister and half brother. They left Brittany alone in the home while the siblings went to school and the parents and boyfriend traveled to DFW to retrieve a grandparent. I thought nothing of her not coming home that morning, Brittany had told me the evening before that she may go straight to the boyfriend's home when she got off work early the next morning. The boyfriend called me from his cell phone at 2:20pm Friday, May 4, 2007 and asked if Brittany was home. I understood her to be with him, and figured she may be on her way home from his house. When she had not arrived 50 minutes later, I called her cell phone which she did not answer. I called the boyfriend back, already panicked and asked him if he had found Brittany. He replied yes, she is there sleeping. I excitedly told him she was not answering her cell phone and that this was just not like her at all. He said he knew, but she is sleeping hard. I asked him to tell her I love her and call me when she wakes up. He said ok. What I did not know was at the moment he was hanging up the phone with me, he was walking into his room, finding Brittany dead in bed of massive head trauma.

The boyfriend did not call me back to tell me the truth; that Brittany was not sleeping, she had been tortured, raped and murdered. Two Wood County Sheriff's deputies came to our house a few hours later and asked for Brenda or Debbie. My name is Patricia and there is no one in our home with either of those names, so when I heard who they asked for, I left my mom and youngest son talking to the police. After they left, my mom said the deputies had mentioned the last name "McGlone," Brittany's last name. I had a feeling of sheer panic. My middle son and I were on our way to the boyfriends house to find out what was going on, in fact, he was already in the car. I decided to call Wood County Sheriff's department back before we left. The sheriff himself got on the phone, told me to stay put and he was sending the deputies back over. When they arrived, they asked to speak to me in private. We had just sat at the dining room table when one of them informed me "Your daughter is deceased." The next few hours are a blur, but I do know they refused to tell me the manner of death. They told me she was already at the funeral home. When I called the funeral home, I was informed that her body was on its way to Dallas for autopsy. The funeral home employee was the first person to tell me Brittany had been brutally murdered.

Last edited:
Oh my God, I am so sorry. May God hold her in his loving arms forever. She's a very beautiful girl and I can see why all of you love her so much. She is a wonderful daughter, sister and grandaughter.

For this lovely girl to die in such a terrible way is beyond words. My heart and prayers go out to the family. I pray that her attacker(s), will be found and dealt with swiftly and with brutal justice.

Rest in peace beautiful Brittany.

20 months and still no arrests have been made and no one has been charged in Brittany's murder.

My heart is breaking. I have a daughter too and the thought of losing her is so painful. I feel your heartbreak. I do.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope that they are able to find this dispictable person who did this, so justice will be served and your family may find closure.

Lt. Miles Tucker of the Wood Co. Tx. Sherriff's Dept was FIRED Jan. 13, 2009 for his botched investigation of the murder of Brittany Danielle McGlone on May 4, 2007. Britt was beaten to death in her boyfriends home by Chadd Carr, who had priors for B/E, AwDW (assualt w/deadly weapon) and sexual assualt before May 4, 2007. had be already been in prison for those crimes Brittany would still be alive today.

There is a suspect in the case, Chad Earl Carr. He was the boyfriend of my daughter's boyfriends sister, a mildly retarded high school senior.
He has a criminal history in Wood County as follows:

Filed on 05/11/2000
02/19/00-BURGLARY OF BUILDING
State Felony
05/26/2000 - Guilty Plea-deferred Adjudication
Presiding Judge: RICHARD BOSWORTH
Probation: 3 Years
Community Service: 80.
0 Hours
Fine: $500.
Court Costs: $222.
Restitution: $25.
Other Fees: $1,490.
urrent Balance: $647.

12/22/01-AGG ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON
2nd Degree Felony
04/29/2002 - Guilty Plea
Presiding Judge: G.
TIMOTHY BOSWELL
Confinement: Texas Dept.
Of Criminal Justice - 4 Years
Court Costs: $288.
Current Balance: $288.

Filed on 01/18/2008
07/21/06-SEXUAL ASSAULT (ENHANCED)
1st Degree Felony

The suspect was released on a $10K bond 7/17/08, after having been arrested 4 weeks after Brittany was murdered on a sexual assault
which occurred approximately 1 month after his release from prison after the aggravated assault conviction.
The 2001 assault was perpetrated with the intention of rape, but this psychopath stopped short of killing her,
but drove her to the hospital after having beat her about the head and face with a lead pipe.

so, wait... they had the fucker in custody the whole time??

dude.

on the one had, i'm thrilled they figured out who did it and that he wasn't on the streetsz when they figured it out. I'm also very pleased that the mismanagement of the case had repercussions. but did it have to take so long?

so, wait... they had the fucker in custody the whole time??

dude.

on the one had, i'm thrilled they figured out who did it and that he wasn't on the streetsz when they figured it out. I'm also very pleased that the mismanagement of the case had repercussions. but did it have to take so long?

you got me,........had the SOB been in prison BEFORE May 4, 2007 on the other charges then Brittany would still be ALIVE. if you've ever seen the Jodie Foster movie "The Brave One" boy i would like to do that to this guy. but im not going to jail over it. God will get him in the end. still doesnt help Britt's family have closer or justice. Carr should fry for what he did (lethal injection is way too damn lenient) compared to what he put her thru for 8 hours. she had her whole life ahead of her only for it to be ended by a sorry a$$hole.

I am so sorry for your pain.The name Brittany is what caught me,my daughters first name was Brittanie.I hope you find justice and some peace in your lives.

I am so very sorry for your loss. As a mom, I can not imagine the pain that this must have caused you. Your daughter was beautiful. I hope and pray that there is justice for her and closure for you and your family.

Thank you for sharing your story, I feel that by doing so, she will be a part of those of us who have been touched by your words.

Britt's Legacy

Britt.jpg

Jan, 19, 2009

We are preparing to move, so I was forced to go through the storage building Britt had for nearly 2 years. In her Adventure Bible, I found a scrap of paper on which the following was written in Britts handwriting with her signature at the bottom. When my scanner is up and running again, I will post the actual document on her memorial space.

"I BELIEVE JESUS IS MY SAVIOR. THANK YOU, GOD, THAT I AM NOW GOOD IN YOUR SIGHT, AND THAT YOU WILL TAKE ME TO HEAVEN WHEN I DIE.
"

Thank you, God, for this special message from my beautiful baby girl from Heaven. I knew she was already there, but perhaps this little note will witness to someone who may not believe.

Love and peace,
Patricia, Britts mom

update on Brittany McGlone Case Apr. 20, 2009

This was the email I had waiting for me when I got in from taking my grandson to DFW. It is from Missy Wolfe, investigator with the Texas Attorney General's office. The William she refers to is William Burge, investigator with Wood County Sheriffs office. I would like to add that me and my family are registered for the victim notification system of Texas and this is the 2nd time it has failed us; first time was July, 2008 when chad carr, the man suspected of murdering Brittany, was released from Wood County jail.

Please, I am paralyzed right now, not knowing what to do, what to say...any and all advice is appreciated and the support is desperately needed.

William, I am sending this message to Ron and Patricia, but you may want to give Patricia a call as well. Her e-mail does not always work. They need to know that the prosecutor is pleading out the case involving Carr's ex-wife.

Sorry, but there is no point in calling me or e-mailing me about it, as I have no involvement in the decisions made on that case. Plus, I will be completely out of pocket this weekend. If Patricia wants to talk to someone about it then she can call Nancy Nemer, the prosecutor, at 512 463 2170.

I will tell you that the victim is pleased with the result and at least this agreement gives us the opportunity to have Carr monitored for a minimum of the next five years.

If he violates his prob he will be adjudicated and sentenced up to life. I think based on the facts, this was what had to be done on this case. See below for the terms of the plea.

The State of Texas, by and through Assistant Attorney Generals Nancy Nemer and Lisa Tanner, has agreed to a plea bargain with the defendant in State vs. Chad Earl Carr, Cause No. 20,030-2008, out of Wood County, Texas.

The plea has been set for Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 9:00 am in the 402ND Judicial District Court of Wood County.

The agreement requires the defendant to plead guilty to the lesser included offense of Aggravated Assault Causing Serious Bodily Injury and plead true to the enhancement paragraph, thereby pleading to a first degree felony offense, with a punishment range of five (5) to ninety-nine (99) years or life in prison.

In consideration for his pleas of guilty and true, the defendant will not be finally convicted and, instead, will be placed on five (5) years deferred adjudication.

In addition, the defendant will be required to pay a fine in the amount of $500 and abide by all of the Court's standard probation conditions as well as additional conditions requiring him to support his dependants and to have no
contact with the victim, Danielle McClellan, and her family.

This agreement was made for a variety of reasons and is fully supported by
the victim in the case.

Last edited:
Subject: Brittany

Susan Murphy-Milano will be interviewing me Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:00pm/Eastern 10:00pm Central regarding the unsolved murder of Brittany Danielle McGlone. Brittany was murdered May 4, 2007 in Winnsboro, Wood County, TX. Her murder remains unsolved and her murderer at large. If you have any information related to this heinous crime, please call Wood County, TX Crimestoppers at (903) 763-2274. *Please repost this and visit the Justice Interrupted website where Brittany's story is being featured. http://www.justiceinterrupted.blogspot.com.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
Patricia Tice, Brittany McGlone's mom
SOMETIMES THERE'S JUSTICE, SOMETIMES THERE'S JUST US!

http://www.justiceinterrupted.blogspot.com.

Tonight May 12, 2009. Susan Murphy-Milano, Stacy Dittrich and Robin Sax on their show Justice Interupted they will have Tricia Tice, the mother of Brittany McGlone who was 19 years old when she was murdered on May 4, 2007. Britt's case is still unsolved. please listen to Tricia's story and if you have any information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible call the Wood Co. Tx. Crimestoppers (903) 763-2274.

broadcast times are: 11pm EST. 10pm CST. 9pm MST. and 8pm PST.

Anna Moore was a close friend of Brittany McGlone

annamoore.jpg

UPDATE: Drive by shooting claims East Texas mother's life

Posted: May 12, 2009

WINNSBORO, TX (KLTV) - The East Texas mother who was sent to ICU after being hit by a bullet in a drive by shooting has died.

Police said 24-year-old Anna-Marie Moore was in her home Saturday night when several suspects drove by, firing two rounds into her home with a shotgun.

Police are searching for suspects, Ty Evans, 18, and Demarcus Hearn, 20.

Winnsboro police said the two were facing aggravated assault charges. Now, with Moore's death, felony arrest warrants have been issued for the two suspects.

Police said a surveillance video from a nearby school shows the suspect's car driving away after the shooting. It is a white Pontiac with tinted windows.

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=10350352

Wow, sounds like a rough two years all around.

I'm not understanding fully though.
Cadd Carr recieved 5 years probation for a different assault? The one where he took the victim to the hospital?
Is there going to be a trial for Brittanys murder or are they still trying to build a case.

Chad Carr, went to prison for the 2001 assualt where he beat the young woman and took her to the hospital, he was released in 2005. in 2006 he raped his ex-wife this is where he got the 5 yr probation recently. he is the prime suspect in Brittany's murder cuz of his violent history to women. he knew Britt would be alone in the home that day and he had opportunity. Britt was beautiful young lady. and people like him are predators and cant stop unless they are caught. he's Bundy, or ridgeway in the making. the DA is STILL trying to build a case against him. in the words of Britt's mom, "whoever killed Brittany was wrapped in saran wrap" cuz they left no evidence. which is impossible, Britt was beaten to death and there shouldve been blood spatters, there is DNA that was found inside her that is being tested the "old fashioned way" not the up-to-date way, which has really upset her family in that area. im mean COME ON, its been 2 years. but DNA backlogs are the big problem. unlike someone who is generous enough to send 150,000$ to Reno, Nv and clear the backlog,.....low-n-behold they get a hit soon after in the Brianna Denison case! yet we only have a 1000$ reward thru crimestoppers and a private reward, but we cant raise it to more. while cases like Kara Kopetsky who vanished the same day Brittany was murdered has a reward of over 50,000$. now Anna Moore a close friend of Brittany's was killed this past weekend in a drive-by. i have a theory on that one but i wont go into it. anyway thats where we stand. we have DNA being processed the old way, we got a suspect with a violent history, who knew she'd be alone that day, a reward of only 1,000$ + private reward, and on top of that is the backlogged DNA that is before Brittany.

I hope they preserved the crime scene and accurately captured the evidence they need to keep this creep permanently of the street.

I was reading the book the Ramsey's wrote on JonBenet. I think the Bolder Police Dept botched that case and I do not believe the Ramsey's were ever guilty of JonBenet. I still think a killer walks among us.

I know you are in pain and hurting over the loss of your daughter. I hope justice prevails. Stand tall as your daughter's voice and never give up!

Donations?

Is there a paypal and/or web page set up to receive donations? I myself obviously couldn't donate enough to clear the backlog but I'm sure there are people willing to give what they can to try and help.

If you would like to help contribute to the reward fund for Brittany you can contact First National Bank Winnsboro (903) 342-5275.

Two years and 4 months have now passed since Brittany Danielle McGlone was found murdered in the home of her boyfriend. Her murder remains unsolved.
The heinous murder occured Friday, May 4, 2007 on CR 4837, Lake Winnsboro, Wood County, TX between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. At the time of ther murder, Brittany was visiting the home of her first boyfriend who lived with his mother, step-father and two younger half-siblings.
Upon return from work, school and errands, the family found Brittany dead due to blunt force trauma to her head.
Brittany was beloved by her family and friends, she was well loved and well respected in the community. She had no known enemies.
She was a recent high school honor graduate, in love for the first time. She was hard working, dreamed of going to college, becoming a nurse, getting married and starting a family. She was a natural beauty but not glamorous, she had no need for implants, plastic surgery or makeup for that matter; peer pressure never touched her, she was happy to stay a little girl until she was good and ready to grow up. Brittany deserved the chance to live and love the simple life she was planning for herself.
Since she was denied that chance, will you please take a few minutes and be Brittany's voice? Will you tell the State of Texas that Brittany mattered and her vicious killer needs to be identified, apprehended, tried, convicted and punished to the fullest exent of the law? Please join Brittany's cause. If you are already a member, thank you from the bottom of my heart and I ask that you now invite everyone on your contact list to read Brittany's story and cosider featuring her cause on their wall, too?
We are desperate to know who killed Brittany; my only daughter, pampered granddaughter of Paul and Hazel, beloved sister of Ryan, Logan, Hope, Garrett, Brandon, Little Brandon and Kamron, darling niece of Paula, Johnny and Angie, favorite cousin to many, trusted friend to all who knew her...
If you have any information related to the death of Brittany Danielle McGlone, 19, we are begging you to call Detective William Burge at (903) 763 2201 or Wood County Crimesoppers at (903) 763 2274.
ANY information leading to the indictment by a grand jury of the person or persons responsible for the brutail/senseless beating death of Brittany Danielle McGlone, is eligible for a $1000 Crimestoppers reward.
A private reward fund is also establised at the First National Bank of Winnsboro To donate to the fund please call the bank at (903) 342 5275. Thank you so much for your continued support and prayers during these trying times. May God bless and protect you and yours and may you never know the pain of losing a loved one to such horrific violence.
Patricia Tice, Brittany's mother

I have read about this and tried to piece anything from it I wish I lived closer and could help in someway.If theres anything I can do from my end please let me know and I will.

Update

My name is Hope McGlone. Brittany was my only sister. I found this forum and wanted to give an update on the case. The previous suspect Chad Carr is not really a suspect anymore. No one's told us but from what has been told to us it seems that way. DNA results came back and we were told no one BUT Brittany's DNA was found. We were told whoever killed her was wrapped in saran wrap. I dont know how thats possible. The case has now been turned over to the cold case investigators. I dont know exactly who that is. But I was told that they can only work with the evidence that the Wood County Sheriff had. As of now I have no hope in my sister's case being solved. Its my belief that is has been screwed up since the beginning. Thanks for reading and your thoughts and prayers.
Hope McGlone

Cold case murder of East Texas woman from 2007 gets a fresh look by new sheriff​

No matter what kind of day she was having,19-year-old Brittany McGlone could always find the silver lining. Her bright smile, goofy sense of humor and positive outlook on life would spread to the ones she was with, making it impossible for anyone to have a bad day.

“You couldn’t help but feel happy around her,” Brittany’s half-sister Hope McGlone told Dateline. “With her positive outlook on life, she would just radiate good energy. I don’t think she ever had a bad day. We should all strive to live like she did.”

Hope and Brittany, who have the same father, lived on opposite sides of the state of Texas when they were growing up. But that didn’t stop them from having a close bond. They spent holidays and summers together, staying up all night talking, laughing and playing video games.

“Those summers in East Texas were the best days of my life,” Hope said.

In 2006, Brittany visited Hope in West Texas for her 16th birthday party. They talked about seeing each other the following summer - the summer of 2007. But their summer plans would never happen.

“My 16th birthday was the last time I saw my sister,” Hope said. “She was murdered before the next summer. And nothing was ever the same.”

It’s been 14 years since 19-year-old Brittany was sexually assaulted and bludgeoned to death during the day on May 4, 2007, and loved ones are still searching for answers to the big question - who killed Brittany and why?

“She didn’t deserve this,” Hope told Dateline. “She was this innocent, pure person who never did anything wrong, never got into trouble - she always saw the good in people and just loved life. Why would someone do this to her?”

In May of 2007, Brittany had taken a year off after graduating high school and was working two jobs to save money for college. She planned to attend Baylor University and study nursing.

“She was very dedicated,” Hope explained. “No matter what she did, she gave her all.”

One of her jobs was at the Lowe’s Distribution Center in Mount Vernon. On the morning of May 4, 2007, she finished her overnight shift and drove to her boyfriend’s house in Winnsboro to sleep. Her boyfriend, Jeff Stogner, and his family, who also lived there, later told authorities they had left the house to give someone a ride to the airport.

Her mother became concerned when she couldn’t get through to her daughter on her cell phone. Hope said Brittany’s mother called so many times that she filled up her voicemail. She then called Brittany’s boyfriend.

According to Hope, when Jeff picked up the call around 2:30 p.m., he told Brittany’s mother he was just arriving back home and that Brittany’s car was in the driveway. They hung up, Jeff went into the house, found Brittany in his bedroom and called 911.

According to the Wood County Sheriff’s Office in Quitman, Texas, detectives believe Brittany was killed between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. She had been sexually assaulted and beaten with an unknown object. An autopsy ruled that she had died from massive head trauma.

Many people were questioned by detectives, including Brittany’s boyfriend and his family, but no suspects have been publicly named.

Dateline reached out to Brittany’s boyfriend who stated he wasn’t authorized to talk to anyone but law enforcement about the case but explained that he loved her and wants nothing more than to find her killer.

“Nobody has walked through the shoes that I have walked through,” Jeff told Dateline through Facebook. “Nobody has the nightmares that I have. I love her with all my heart, know that, and the day that we catch the killer, we will see who wants to hear my side of the story.”

Brittany’s sister Hope told Dateline they have their theories about who killed Brittany, but remain open to any and all possibilities. Among the possibilities is a man, known by the Stogner family, who was questioned early in the investigation, has a lengthy criminal record with prior charges for burglary, sexual assault, and assault with a deadly weapon.

Wood County Sheriff Kelly Cole told Dateline there are suspects in Brittany’s case and no one has been publicly name and no one has been cleared.

“At this point, we’d look at anybody and anything,” Sheriff Cole said. “We have viable suspects and we intend to re-interview everyone.”

For 14 years, Brittany’s family has fought for answers in her case. They are hopeful the newly-elected sheriff will be the one who finally solves the case and gets justice for Brittany.

For Sheriff Cole, this case hits close to home. He was a criminal investigator at the time of Brittany’s murder and said it’s something that has stuck with him for years. And he’s determined to take a second look.

“We may get to a point where we can resolve this,” Sheriff Cole said. “And if we can do that for the family and this town, it would bring everybody a sense of closure.”

Sheriff Cole told Dateline there is plenty of evidence, like blood stains and DNA, from the scene that they plan to retest. He said he believes with today's technology, there could be answers within the evidence they already have.

The sheriff said he also plans to dig deeper within the community and urges anyone with information to come forward.

“People tend to think, ‘well I thought I saw something but maybe I really didn’t, or I heard this but I don’t think it has anything to do with it.’ Come tell us anyway,” Cole said. “You never know what little piece of information could help us now.”

Brittany’s case is well-known in the community and many still remember it today.

Brittany’s sister Hope and her brother created a Facebook page “Who killed Brittany McGlone,” in an effort to bring in tips or information to aid in the investigation.

“This has been extremely difficult for me,” Hope said. “I just keep waiting for a phone call - to tell me that they have the killer. That this is over. But that phone call never comes. You try to move on, but keep getting dragged back by a chain that’s 1000 pounds.”

“We just don’t want Brittany to be forgotten,” Hope said. “She deserves to have her story told. And she deserves justice.”

... article in full

Back