• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. – Two young sisters who were believed to be with a religious sect leader in Utah have been found and are safe, CBS Denver reports.

The girls, 4-year-old Hatti and 8-year-old Dina, were found alone in a building outside the town of Lund on Monday night.

Their grandfather, Steve Sobel, confirmed the news to CBS Denver later that night. He said the girls were found in a "storage receptacle."

A local reporter tweeted that the girls were "safe but very cold."

Sheriff's Department in Iron County Utah said it was doubtful the children would have survived the night.

The suspect, Samuel Shaffer, was taken into custody. Their father, John Coltharp, was already in custody.
Link

--Al

And here's the rest of the story

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-group-missing-girls-utah-20171205-story.html

Two Utah men, one a self-styled prophet, were under arrest Tuesday after a search near a remote, makeshift compound turned up four girls whose fathers were in an upstart group with beliefs in polygamy and doomsday, police and relatives said.

Police said two of the girls were considered to be kidnapping victims after their father dropped off the grid with them and their two brothers in mid-September.

The four girls aged 4 through 8 were found cold and dehydrated but uninjured, two in 50-gallon water barrels and two others were in an abandoned mobile home, after deputies combed the desert on Monday, Iron County Sheriff's Lt. Del Schlosser said. The boys were found at the compound earlier Monday.

John Coltharp, 33, disappeared with his two daughters and two sons in mid-September after meeting Samuel Shaffer, 34, who also had two daughters, police said. They called themselves the Knights of The Crystal Blade.

The disappearance touched off a desperate search by Coltharp's ex-wife that culminated in an Amber Alert for the two girls and the arrests of both men on suspicion of kidnapping and other charges. Coltharp had not been formally charged on Tuesday, and no attorney or publicly listed phone numbers were immediately available for him.

Shaffer, described as a self-styled prophet, was charged Tuesday with child kidnapping and other counts. He did not yet have an attorney listed in the court documents.

His brother, Benjamin Shaffer, said his family has been traumatized by the revelations. He said Samuel Shaffer was not a polygamist or part of an established group and questioned the characterization of the area compound.

Coltharp had always been interested in arcane Mormon teachings, but his interest in polygamy and "prepping" for doomsday had intensified in recent years, his brother-in-law Michael Lee said. The mainstream Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.

He and Shaffer met online and grew close, eventually forming the Knights of The Crystal Blade as fraternal order, Lee said.

Coltharp and his wife Micha had been married about 10 years and shared four children, but the marriage was breaking up. They considered themselves separated but still lived together when he quit his job and moved with the children to his parents' home in May, Lee said.

They shared an informal custody arrangement until mid-September, when Coltharp told her she should "give up being a mother," then cut off all communication, Lee said.

The family believed the two men had decamped 200 miles south to a remote area near Cedar City where they might meet other people with similar beliefs or convince others to join them as Coltharp's parents had, Lee said.

Micha Coltharp started the process of getting a divorce and sole custody of the children, but as weeks passed there remained few clues about exactly where the children were.

Then, on Dec. 1, her ex-husband turned up at his parents' home.

He was confronted by police, but refused to say where the children were even after he was arrested. Shaffer was with him, but police didn't have anything to charge him with and let him go.

With Coltharp in custody but the children still missing, the search intensified and went public.

On Monday, police got a tip and raided the makeshift compound made out of storage containers. They found the two boys, ages 5 and 6, but Shaffer had already fled with the two Coltharp girls and his own daughters, according to jail arrest documents.

Shaffer was found that afternoon, walking down a road alone but the four girls remained missing.

He told police two girls had been placed in the water barrels to hide them from police. When they were found Monday, they'd been there for 24 hours in below-freezing temperatures they were not dressed for, police said.

The other two girls were found in a mobile home with signs of dehydration.

All four were taken to a local hospital for treatment. All but one had been released by Tuesday. Her condition was not immediately available.
[doublepost=1512599593,1512599351][/doublepost]https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/4-missing-girls-were-rescued-193910154.html

While divorcing her ex-husband last September, a Utah woman gave a judge reasons why should she have full custody of her four children. She claimed her husband, 33-year-old John Coltharp, was a doomsday prepper who carried a pistol, and he’d threatened to kill any child-services worker or police officer who tried to take their kids away. She asked for a temporary restraining order before the divorce was settled, but District Judge Derek Pullan refused. He thought her husband’s religious beliefs “were not extreme enough” to be an “immediate threat,” according to the Salt Lake Tribune. Coltharp disappeared with the four children that month.

After he disappeared, his family told police that Coltharp and 34-year-old Samuel Shaffer had formed a religious group called Knights of the Crystal Blade on the website “The Kingdom of God or Nothing!!!” where they outlined a religious doctrine supporting polygamy that includes marrying children. He reportedly told his sister that “girls are meant to get married at the age of 12 — their bodies are ready.” The family suspected that he and Shaffer had traveled south to recruit more members for their group.

Excuse for pedos, plain and simple.

On Monday, police got a tip and raided the makeshift compound made out of storage containers. They found the two boys, ages 5 and 6, but Shaffer had already fled with the two Coltharp girls and his own daughters, according to jail arrest documents.

They left the little boys behind, because they didn't really matter. This was all about raping little girls from the start. Scumbag perverts. I wonder if they were going to swap daughters? "You can have my two daughters and I'll take your two daughters." :mad:

makeshift compound

That means it wasn't a cool storage container ...
[doublepost=1512620421,1512619937][/doublepost]
They found the two boys, ages 5 and 6,

Shaffer was found that afternoon, walking down a road alone but the four girls remained missing.

Holy fuck really ...

@Keepalowprofile ... OMG fucking God. To hide them from the police ? So when the police find them they'll be dead ... brilliant plan. This guy was going to kill those boys next, take his daughters and move on. I would bet my dog on it for sure.

That means it wasn't a cool storage container ...
[doublepost=1512620421,1512619937][/doublepost]

Holy fuck really ...

@Keepalowprofile ... OMG fucking God. To hide them from the police ? So when the police find them they'll be dead ... brilliant plan. This guy was going to kill those boys next, take his daughters and move on. I would bet my dog on it for sure.
They would have been married and turned into sister wives or what ever those sick fucks call it.

Knights of the Crystal Blade sounds like the lamest progressive rock band name ever.

How about calling them Doomworld Pervs of the Diddling Cargo Box

He thought her husband’s religious beliefs “were not extreme enough” to be an “immediate threat,”

Well THAT went well. :sarcasm:

I'm just glad the kids are okay, and hope to hell the one still in hospital will be. :pout:

Pedo bastards shouldn't ever see the sun again for what they put those six kids through.

their bodies are ready.

:mad: his body is ready for a 50 lb sledge to the ass. Or perhaps since he's so fond of 50 gallon barrels... :shifty: Betcha we could fit one of those up there too. His body is totally ready.

images

Last edited:
:mad: his body is ready for a 50 lb sledge to the ass. Or perhaps since he's so fond of 50 gallon barrels... :shifty: Betcha we could fit one of those up there too. His body is totally ready.

images
Their bodies are all that count. It's not like their minds or emotions count for anything. Get 'em young and raise 'em right.

They left the little boys behind, because they didn't really matter. This was all about raping little girls from the start. Scumbag perverts. I wonder if they were going to swap daughters? "You can have my two daughters and I'll take your two daughters." :mad:
You were right on the nose.

Two Utah men believed to be involved in a doomsday religious cult allegedly married each other’s underage daughters.

Samuel Shaffer, 34, and 33-year-old John Coltharp have both been charged with kidnapping. Coltharp also faces charges of sodomy of a child for a sexual assault stemming from an alleged incident on August 1, 2017, KUTVreports.

Shaffer allegedly told detectives that he was married to Coltharp’s 8-year-old daughter, and that Coltharp was married to Shaffer’s 7-year-old daughter, according to a search warrant affidavit obtained by Salt Lake Tribune.
LINK

http://time.com/5169225/samuel-shaffer-prophet-guilty-plea/
(CEDAR CITY, Utah) — A self-styled prophet accused of secretly marrying young girls because of his beliefs in polygamy and doomsday pleaded guilty in Utah Wednesday to child rape and abuse charges filed after police raided the group’s remote desert compound.

Samuel W. Shaffer faces at least 25 years in prison after agreeing to the Wednesday plea deal in Iron County, where prosecutors said he abused an 8-year-old girl related to a group member, the Spectrum newspaper reported.

Child kidnapping and additional abuse courts were dropped in an agreement that keeps the girl from having to testify, said Iron County Attorney Scott Garrett.
[....]
Shaffer, 34, also faces child bigamy, child kidnapping and other charges in Sanpete County, where prosecutors say the men conducted secret marriages they thought were ordained by God before decamping to the compound. His attorney Troy Sundquist did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

His fellow self-styled prophet, John Coltharp, 34, is also facing child bigamy and other charges there. Authorities believe the two men each held the title of prophet at different points.

Coltharp is expected to waive an evidence hearing at a Sanpete County court Wednesday afternoon, his attorney Paul Frischknecht said.
[....]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/28/self-styled-utah-prophet-gets-15-years-for-child-sodomy.html
A self-styled Utah prophet who led a doomsday cult and secretly married young girls because of his beliefs in polygamy has been sentenced to at least 15 years in prison.

Samuel Shaffer, 35, was sentenced Wednesday in the small central city of Manti after pleading guilty to one felony count of child sodomy
[....]
Other charges were dropped in exchange for the guilty plea, including bigamy, lewdness involving a child and an additional sodomy count.
[....]
Coltharp pleaded guilty to sodomy and child bigamy charges earlier this month. His sentencing is scheduled for August.

At the hearing Wednesday, Shaffer told Judge Marvin Bagley that he had hoped to have a family and grow old with the child.

"I sincerely believed that child marriage was a correct principle from God. And I've seen the consequences of what's happened, and I know that I shouldn't have done it now," Shaffer said. "But I sincerely believed that the practice was correct at the time."

Shaffer was sentenced last month to at least 26 years in prison after pleading guilty to child rape and abuse charges. The new sentence won't extend his prison term.

"I'm not aware of any religion in this world that justifies an adult having a sexual relationship with an 8-year-old girl," the judge said. "Certainly it's a violation of Utah law."

• Samuel Shaffer, 34, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years to life in jail in Utah
  • He told a court he wanted to grow old and start a family with eight-year-old girl
  • During sentencing, Shaffer told the court that he 'sincerely believed that child marriage was a correct principle from God'
  • He admitted that he 'shouldn't have done it' & that he's seen the consequences
  • Sentence comes a month after he received first sentence of 26 years in prison
  • Shaffer was sentenced in May after pleading guilty to child rape & abuse charges
  • He was charged after police raided his remote desert compound in December
  • Four girls were found during the raid hidden in 50-gallon plastic water barrels
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...grow-old-eight-year-old-considered-bride.html

So they feel they can do anything they want, just because they personally believe in it? What if we believe god wants us to stick red hit pokers up their asses? That be ok?

Loved this scene from Braveheart when Edward the I (Longshanks) returns to the palace from battle and becomes aware of Edward ll's particular male favorite at court. Yes, I know Braveheart was not historically accurate but there is historical evidence that Edward the ll did enjoy engaging with same sex partners while doing his duty to produce heirs to the throne with his Queen, Isabella of France.

Sure, a middle eastern dude gets a child bride and starts a world wide religion, try the same thing in Utah and everyone loses their mind :penguin:

If it is so right, why the need to hide the girls?
Asshole pedo.
Gang beating in Block D shower.
All invited to attend!

Must be a Trump supporter: if it feels right, it must be true.

Back