• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
I will be giving wiener dogs more side-eye after reading this story!

The victim was a 52 year-old woman. Tracy Garcia was mauled to death by a pack of dachshunds belonging to her neighbor. The owner requested the 6 survivors be put down (the first-responders had already shot and killed one after it allegedly ran toward them aggressively). The dogs were reported to be "infested with fleas and ticks—"you can tell they have been living out in the woods"—but otherwise healthy." No word on if any charges will be filed on the owner.

http://www.newser.com/story/259388/woman-killed-in-attack-by-7-dachshunds.html

Since they're solid and low to the ground, they can sweep you off your feet in an instant. Even mini's can be aggressive and will "go after" someone. One of mine got out and the next thing I knew she was jumping up trying to bite the butt of the next door neighbor's teen while he was outside shooting hoops in their driveway. Luckily she missed and I caught her before she could try again.

I would suggest not underestimating any dog regardless of size, although I think I could handle a pack of angry chihuahuas. See? Another reason not to wear useless footwear like flip flops. :devil:

okay guys, never underestimate a dachshund: they were created and bred by the Germans specifically to burrow into badger holes to kill badgers and did so gleefully. These sounded like they had gone feral and started to do the wild pack thing which usually includes bloodlust killing to kill. Found a quick pic here. They can be evil little suckers
https://www.lipstickalley.com/threa...g-mauled-by-flea-infested-dachshunds.1593883/
images

Last edited:
. But the animals will not be tested for rabies because 'there's just no reason to go spend the thousands and thousands of dollars,' Dinwiddie said.
It doesn't cost thousands and thousands of dollars to rabies test.
Pop the brain and send it to the health Dept and see if it florescents.
But I will conceed that if no one still alive was bitten then it would be unnecessary.

they are mixed mutt with a lot of dachshund , she was going by their stocky little legs its just sad that a woman was actually killed by a gang of under 40 pound dogs, I can guarantee you I would have been goal posting them
It's pretty hard to kick that many dogs off.
3 pits were attacking my neighbors granddaughter and her Scotty dog. She actually layed down on top of the dog. The pits were chewing her up.
Myself (at my most fit time of my life) my construction worker bf and the owner of the pits kicked and beat on the dogs with a baseball bat and claw hammer for no less than 35 minutes. These dogs were smallish pits and they were crazed maniacs. They were unfazed by us. As we got one off, the previous one we got off would start attacking again.
I was sick and cried non stop for 2 weeks after that. It was one of the most horrific events of my life. No doubt if I wasn't on my way out front for a smoke, they would have killed her.
All that said, this ladyay not have been stable or agile enough to kick at them. Poor lady.
And the scum that owned these uncared for beasts should go to prison.

How are people missing the tidbit about them being mixed with "TERRIERS"??? You dopes realize what that actually means right? Terrier = politically correct for disgusting trash pitbull.

These were pitbull/dachsund mixes. No wonder they were evil trash dogs.

How are people missing the tidbit about them being mixed with "TERRIERS"??? You dopes realize what that actually means right? Terrier = politically correct for disgusting trash pitbull.

These were pitbull/dachsund mixes. No wonder they were evil trash dogs.
A terrier is a dog of any one of many breeds or landraces of the terrier type, which are typically small, wiry and fearless.[citation needed] Terrier breeds vary greatly in size from just 1 kg (2 lb) to over 32 kg (70 lb) and are usually categorized by size or function. There are five different groups, with each group having several different breeds.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrier_group

Back