• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
So the fucked up grandmother said

Yeah i was disturbed by this too, it must have been fairly common knowledge, that this little girl
was crushing on her grandson ... and that right there would have had me on the phone looking for another placement for her ... and not because its not okay to crush, but I think it would be too distracting ... for her, for the boy.

19 March 2018

Rick Thorburn, foster father of Tiahleigh Palmer, will plead guilty to murdering the Gold Coast schoolgirl.

Thorburn's lawyer told the Brisbane Supreme Court on Monday Thorburn, 57, would enter a plea on May 25 to murdering the 12-year-old and disposing of her body.

Tiahleigh's body was found on the banks of the Pimpama River in October 2015, six days after she went missing while in the care of Thorburn and his family.

Her foster father was arrested and charged in September 2016, and in July 2017 was committed to stand trial for murder.

Thorburn's lawyer, told the court next month's pre-trial hearing should be dismissed and requested a sentencing date, ABC News reported.

Thorburn, who was not in court on Monday, will also plead guilty to a charge of perjury relating to lies he told about the young girl's disappearance, his lawyer said.

A pre-trial hearing later this week where Thorburn was expected to seek a judge-only trial because of publicity around the high-profile case has been cancelled.

Thorburn remains in custody and is facing a life sentence for the murder.

Trent Thorburn, Rick's 20-year-old son, was released in January after serving 16 months in jail for incest, perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Julene Thorburn, Rick's wife, was jailed for 18 months in jail for perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice over Tiahleigh's death.

Joshua Thorburn, Rick's other son, pleaded guilty to perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice and was jailed for three months in July 2017.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-father-plead-GUILTY-schoolgirl-murder.html

Yeah i was disturbed by this too, it must have been fairly common knowledge, that this little girl
was crushing on her grandson ...

No, this was Tiahleigh's natural grandmother who talked about the crush, so the perp was not her grandson. Which is worse, because I could see where you might trust your own grandson, but she thought it was a good idea for T to stay in a home where she was crushing on the much-older foster brother?

I wonder why grandma quit caring for T a scant two years before she was murdered.

Tiahleigh Palmer's foster father Rick Thorburn jailed for life (aka no chance of parole for 20 years) over her murder
The 57-year-old will not be eligible for parole until September, 2036.
Mr Heaton told the court the killing took place while his wife Julene, Trent and another son Joshua were out of the family home late on October 29, 2015.
Rick told them: "I have her hidden and I'm going to get rid of her tomorrow night. I'm going to leave home tomorrow morning, as if I'm going off to school as if I'm going to collect some car parts."
Mr Heaton said the police investigation "failed to uncover any tangible evidence" until about seven months after Tiahleigh's death, when an anonymous Crime Stoppers tip came in.

That tip detailed a secret family meeting held by the Thorburns, and included information that Trent Thorburn had confessed to having sex with his foster sister while talking to his cousin on Facebook.
This new information sparked a Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) investig

Police then called the Thorburns before a CCC hearing where the family continued to "stick to the story" that Tiahleigh had been dropped at school and was not heard from since.

Listening devices were subsequently installed in the Thorburn's house that detected Thorburn instructing his family to "stick to the story" and keep Tiahleigh's relationship with Trent quiet.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-...rder-rick-thorburn-life-sentence-jail/9791556

Rick Thorburn, who was convicted of killing Queensland schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer, has been found unresponsive in his Brisbane jail cell this morning.
Thorburn was sentenced to life in 2018 after pleading guilty to killing the 12-year-old, who was his foster daughter at the time, and dumping her body on the banks of a Gold Coast river.

MORE: http://9Soci.al/1IFq50KpWja

Back